• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »

Good with me. It'll be cleaner 2nd time

His speed can only surprise you the 1st time

Actually went to the first fight. Pete is a much better fighter now imo. Early in the first fight he seemed nervous.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khan don't realize how bad he done ? up .... Peterson ? U could fought Brook in the UK in a ppv mega fight .. he Finna lose on hbo
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhhhhh I'll put my money on khan against u ?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? ride Spence alit in here he's not even a B fighter
  • aneed123
    Options
    Yall ? ride Spence alit in here he's not even a B fighter

How u come to this hating ass conclusion?
  • aneed123
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Uhhhhh I'll put my money on khan against u ?

U fool lol
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-feels-golovkin-hype-built-on-calculated-matchmaking--113825
    Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

By Miguel Rivera, photo by Ed Mulholland

Daniel "The Miracle Man" Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) is convinced that he will not require a miracle to beat Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), who holds the WBC, WBA, IBO, IBF middleweight titles.

Jacobs believes that he will be the first serious test for Kazakhstan's dangerous puncher when they meet on March 18 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

"I will be 100 percent confident in my abilities. I feel confident right now, but as the training progresses, my confidence increases. One believes blindly that he can achieve something special. I'm at that point. I've always had the physical ability to beat him... my speed, power, ring dominance and intellect," Jacobs said to Carlos Gonzalez.

Golovkin has looked invincible since winning the WBA interim title in 2009. He's stopped his last 23 opponents inside the distance, with IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook falling victim in five rounds last September in Golovkin's last outing.

The fighter from Brownsville, New York, fought only once in 2016. Last September, Jacobs beat former world champion Sergio Mora by TKO in seven rounds.

"It is said that Golovkin had more than 400 fights at the amateur level, but I had almost 200, so I have experience too. It's about believing in what you can do and that's really half the battle," Jacobs said.

"Boxing is a sport where a person is always on trial. I am not exempt from criticism. I fully understand what I have to do inside the ring. Although once you show that you are at that level, you have to keep doing it again and again."

"It's hard for me to understand how the odds have Golovkin as an 8-1 favorite, but it's not worth anything either to get into a discussion and get people to study the quality of the opponents I've faced when it's in the ring where I have to prove it."

"The work they have done [to build up Golovkin] has been excellent. They have placed him against opponents who were in the final part of their careers, they were not genuine middleweights and it gave the impression that he was devastating everyone. He's being placed [in a position where he is] the best in the world, but in reality he hasn't proved that yet."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big
    Drama
    SHoW
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those of you picking Spence over Brook. Is it because he got touched vs GGG or were you going to pick him period?

I was going to pick Spence anyway. Brook can fight just not to sure about him. He beat Porter by hugging don't think he can beat Spence that way. For some odd reason I think Spence has another gear or level skill wise we haven't seen from him yet because he hasn't had to show it.

Also I think Spence get a stoppage on Brook because I don't think Brook's broken eye is going to hold up. Before that I don't think Spence would've stopped Brook.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-feels-golovkin-hype-built-on-calculated-matchmaking--113825
    Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

By Miguel Rivera, photo by Ed Mulholland

Daniel "The Miracle Man" Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) is convinced that he will not require a miracle to beat Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), who holds the WBC, WBA, IBO, IBF middleweight titles.

Jacobs believes that he will be the first serious test for Kazakhstan's dangerous puncher when they meet on March 18 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

"I will be 100 percent confident in my abilities. I feel confident right now, but as the training progresses, my confidence increases. One believes blindly that he can achieve something special. I'm at that point. I've always had the physical ability to beat him... my speed, power, ring dominance and intellect," Jacobs said to Carlos Gonzalez.

Golovkin has looked invincible since winning the WBA interim title in 2009. He's stopped his last 23 opponents inside the distance, with IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook falling victim in five rounds last September in Golovkin's last outing.

The fighter from Brownsville, New York, fought only once in 2016. Last September, Jacobs beat former world champion Sergio Mora by TKO in seven rounds.

"It is said that Golovkin had more than 400 fights at the amateur level, but I had almost 200, so I have experience too. It's about believing in what you can do and that's really half the battle," Jacobs said.

"Boxing is a sport where a person is always on trial. I am not exempt from criticism. I fully understand what I have to do inside the ring. Although once you show that you are at that level, you have to keep doing it again and again."

"It's hard for me to understand how the odds have Golovkin as an 8-1 favorite, but it's not worth anything either to get into a discussion and get people to study the quality of the opponents I've faced when it's in the ring where I have to prove it."

"The work they have done [to build up Golovkin] has been excellent. They have placed him against opponents who were in the final part of their careers, they were not genuine middleweights and it gave the impression that he was devastating everyone. He's being placed [in a position where he is] the best in the world, but in reality he hasn't proved that yet."

He sounds like he already lost
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those of you picking Spence over Brook. Is it because he got touched vs GGG or were you going to pick him period?

I am would be picking Spence regardless. I think Spence is the most talented fighter at 147. I just think he is a level above Brook , Danny , Thurman etc. Youngin is sharp
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-mayweather-mcgregor-black-eye-boxing--113842
    Canelo: Mayweather-McGregor Would Be a Black Eye For Boxing

NEW YORK - A possible bout between Floyd Mayweather and mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor is getting lots of buzz but two fighters that are getting in the ring said the crossover tilt would be a black eye on boxing. Photo by Rich Kane/Hoganphotos.

Irishman McGregor has been challenging Mayweather to a fight for months but the two have yet to reach terms while both have been doing their part to drum up interest with plenty of back and forth in the media.

"It's a joke for boxing if that happens," two-time world champion Canelo Alvarez, who fights fellow Mexican Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Las Vegas in May, told Reuters on Tuesday.

The catch-weight king speaking on what's bad for boxing...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-expects-enter-ring-180-canelo-not-concerned--113852
    Chavez Expects to Enter Ring at 180; Canelo Not Concerned

NEW YORK – Oscar De La Hoya was surprised just how much bigger Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is than Canelo Alvarez the first time he saw them stand next to each other this week.

Their size difference figures to be at least as noticeable when the Mexican stars enter the ring May 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 6-feet-1 Chavez (50-2-1, 32 KOs, 1 NC), who has fought as high as light heavyweight, expects to be 180 pounds on fight night, 15½ more than the contracted catch weight for their HBO Pay-Per-View main event.

The 5-feet-9 Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) doesn’t know what he’ll weigh on fight night, but he doesn’t anticipate Chavez’s size advantage becoming more of a factor once the opening bell rings than Alvarez’s advantages in speed and skill.

“I knew it,” Alvarez said Tuesday before a press conference at the Hard Rock Café in Manhattan to promote their fight. “It’s written. He’s [four inches] taller than me. That doesn’t bother me, doesn’t worry me at all.”

The 26-year-old Alvarez has not weighed in at more than 155 pounds for any of his 50 professional fights. He expects, however, that he’ll push the weight limit of 164½ when he gets on the scale May 5 in Las Vegas.

The Mexican superstar wouldn’t estimate how much he’ll weigh when he enters the ring. The only thing he knows for sure is that it’ll be less than the 180 pounds Chavez expects to weigh.

“I can’t tell you right now how I’m gonna feel come fight night,” Alvarez said. “We’re gonna work with sparring partners that are gonna be heavier and bigger than me, so that we can start adapting to it. And I can tell you one thing, that in my training, in my camps, when I’m weighing between 160 and 165 is when I feel the best. So we’ll see come fight night.”

The 31-year-old Chavez believes Alvarez is underestimating how much Chavez’s size advantage will affect the outcome of their 12-round bout. He’s not fighting a natural welterweight like Amir Khan or a junior middleweight like Liam Smith, and Chavez knows Alvarez will be surprised by his opponent’s strength once Chavez starts hitting him.

“I’ll try to use my natural advantages – my size, my distance,” Chavez said. “And, you know, Canelo is moving up 10 pounds. He’s never felt the power of a light heavyweight or a super middleweight.”
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ward need to stop cryin' and give that man his rematch already.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-announces-he-negotiating-with-khan-next-fight--113879
    Pacquiao Announces He is Negotiating With Khan for Next Fight

By Keith Idec

Maybe Manny Pacquiao will fight Amir Khan next after all.

The Filipino superstar posted a message on his official Facebook page Wednesday night and then from his verified Twitter account that he is in negotiations to fight Khan next.

The messages from both accounts were identical: My team and I are in negotiations with Amir Khan for our next fight. Further announcement coming soon. #TeamPacquiao

The post was accompanied by a picture of Pacquiao and Khan posed together, each holding up a fist.

Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, denied earlier this week that Khan could become Pacquiao’s next opponent. Arum has been negotiating with Duco Events to have Pacquiao fight Australia’s Jeff Horn on April 22 in Brisbane, Australia, Horn’s hometown.

Michael Koncz, Pacquiao’s adviser, has said, however, that Pacquiao’s next fight will take place in the United Arab Emirates, either in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Fighting Khan would make more sense if the fight is held in UAE, a predominantly Muslim nation, because Khan, though born and raised in England, is a devout Muslim of Pakistani descent.

The 38-year-old Pacquiao (59-6-2, 38 KOs), the WBO welterweight champion, also posted a poll to his Twitter account February 12, which asked fans who he should fight next. The 30-year-old Khan won the poll handily.

The former IBF/WBA junior welterweight champion received 48 percent of the votes. England’s Kell Brook (36-1, 25 KOs), the IBF welterweight champion, finished second in the poll, with 24 percent of the votes.

Terence Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs), the WBC/WBO super lightweight champion, was the third-place finisher, with 21 percent of the votes. The unknown Horn (16-0-1, 11 KOs), the No. 2 contender for Pacquiao’s 147-pound championship, finished last and received just 7 percent of the votes.

A total of 44,815 people voted before Pacquiao closed the poll after 24 hours.

Brook is unavailable for Pacquiao’s next bout because he is scheduled to make a mandatory defense of his title against DeSoto, Texas’ Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs) on May 20 in Sheffield, England. Arum also has said Omaha, Nebraska’s Crawford won’t be considered for a Pacquiao fight until later this year.

Khan (31-4, 19 KOs) hasn’t fought since Mexico’s Canelo Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) knocked him unconscious in the sixth round of their middleweight title fight May 7 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    If Spence go into the Kel Brook fight thirsty to KO him he will lose badly. People under estimating Brook foreal. At least he stood up to GGG and that confidence will help going forward.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ward will ko him this time
  • Mastery
    Options

? please. To me it look like Ward ducking the rematch. He gonna duck his mandatory against Beterbiev too, watch haha
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah Ward aint getting close enough to KO ing nothing....he gonna box his head off but aint ko ing ?
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    We got wilder this weekend or nah?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with the bold but this is same ? Floyd used to when in every interview that ? was talking about how he never gets credit for ? . No difference to me.
  • Mastery
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I agree with the bold but this is same ? Floyd used to when in every interview that ? was talking about how he never gets credit for ? . No difference to me.

We not talking about not getting credit. We talkong abaout him stalling on the rematch, as the first fight was super close.

The difference between him and Floyd... Both of Floyd's closest fights, (Castillo, Maidana) he rematched them immediately. This dude Ward is dragging his feet like a got damn anchor.