Drake doesnt want his Grammys, thinks hes bigger than Rap

Options

Comments

• soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Damn they took that all out of context from what he said in the actual interview
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I feel this is fake outrage too...

He talking strictly about the Grammy awards and receiving an award for songs that were clearly not rap. He is pointing out the injustice to actual rap songs that did not receive the awards he won and pointing out that the ? racist and doesn't cater to our culture.

Drake, Jidenna, Tory Lanz etc are not and have never been rap artists. They are part of the culture that evolved from rap and if you listen to the full interview he was highlighting the reasons why our culture should not put stock into the Grammys.

I hate you ? for making me defend this ? .

I find this hard to believe

Cuz its drake yall ? findin it hard to believe
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of ? don't know what context is apparently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Bruh said what many voices in the Reason have said over the yrs, he ain't a rapper. Doesn't wanna be a rapper. Came in the game as a rapper cause it's really the easiest genre to break into.

No reason for his fans to continue to pigeonhole him as a rapper, let him be the Pop Star the world needs.

#LetDrakePop
    #GiveTheGrammysBack

This is how I took it.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I feel this is fake outrage too...

He talking strictly about the Grammy awards and receiving an award for songs that were clearly not rap. He is pointing out the injustice to actual rap songs that did not receive the awards he won and pointing out that the ? racist and doesn't cater to our culture.

Drake, Jidenna, Tory Lanz etc are not and have never been rap artists. They are part of the culture that evolved from rap and if you listen to the full interview he was highlighting the reasons why our culture should not put stock into the Grammys.

I hate you ? for making me defend this ? .

I find this hard to believe

Cuz its drake yall ? findin it hard to believe

Drake has never come off as a ? that is worried about other ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A pop record won a rap award.

That is outrage.

He makes pop albums but does rap, pop and "hood techno" features
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is so stupid. If you don't want to be called a rapper, STOP ? RAPPING! This is the problem with these dudes who want to have rap songs, r&b songs, and pop songs on the same damn album. Pick one and stick to it! Drake was ok with being called a rapper when he was on the come up. He was ok being called a rapper when he blew up on mix tapes and on his first album. Why not now? First world problems ass dude lol.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what? Is the pop Grammy made out of solid gold?

It's his fault for thinking he needs an award to validate his artistry. Drake is the biggest artist in the world and his fans cling to everything he drops. That should be validation enough.

However he is correct. Hotline isn't a rap song and should be in the "pop" category. But if he is making music solely to get a award then I'm glad he didn't win.

Drake should stop rapping if he doesn't want to be recognized as a rapper. That's the problem he and many others have is that they look down on rap as if it's the lowest form of music.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “I’m a black artist, I’m apparently a rapper, even though ‘Hotline Bling’ is not a rap song,” Drake, who rarely gives interviews, said on his weekend show on Apple’s Beats 1 radio. Drake “The only category that they can manage to fit me in is in a rap category, maybe because I’ve rapped in the past or because I’m black,”

He's right about that quote.

I wish they would boot him and all these other singin' ass negros out of the rap category.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if he's willing to give back his Best rap album for take care also
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sales wise he is bigger than rap. Talent wise? Well even the least talented singers in pop history can sing much better than he can. He also can't dance or play an instrument that could add to going to a live show.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake the nicest ? on the Mike right now. Drake bodied every ? he's featured on. Aint an emcee right now that can go toe to toe wit drake other than styles P, and that's only cause of the content. Drake would body kiss, budden, banks, JayZ, and Nas on wax

Get mad
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    That interview also confirmed him as a leech... culture vulture stealing muhfucka

He is Jewish.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got to love these ? ass ? that come up off of Hip Hop and Black music only to turn around and denounce the ? .. FOH cornball ass.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake is not beating these other pop acts. He better keep doing what he's doing and ? . People been out here questioning him getting rap awards for years and he says this? Ok my dude.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

I wouldn't care much for my ? either if I'm making all this Different type of Music & turn them into Megahits,
    and you only care to Give me the Award that's Specifically for Blacks...the ? isn't Fair.

Take Drake out of the equation and there's a White rapper who's won a Grammy for every album he's put out bar one... #supremacy

And Drake saying he wants to be recognised as a pop artiste is laughable 'cos he actually did enter into the music business as a rapper. So now it's like he used HipHop music like a ? and now wants to dump H. E. R.

Lol dawg so you saying when Drake came out he wasn't Rapping AND Singing R&B ? at the Same time. ???
    Look at the Comeback Season cover...that ? got R&B ? written all over it.
    From his Entry into the Music game he wasn't Strictly just a Rap artist...he didnt even say He wants to be recognized as a Pop ARTIST...it was just a Pop SONG he wanted it to be recognized as...
    And please don't use that "H.E.R." ? lol

? you act like he doesn't even Rap anymore...man been rapping consistently throughout the years ALONGSIDE his Cross-genre music...? ain't pimped ? ...the ? is a Mulit-dimensional artist, point blank.
    I don't see why y'all tryna over complicate ? when it's simple af to understand....