Will Remy Ma snatch Nicki's crown in 2017?(Update Remy MA drops "ShEther" )

Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    Muhannad wrote: »
    Nicki holds the spot similar to drake....mostly off popularity and not based on quality music

Nicki never been on Remy's level as a rapper

Im convinced most of yall havent listened to Nicki out side her singles, she is as talented as Remy if not more. Remy has one album that flopped which signifies she wasnt rapping that good on there, and a bunch of crew songs she really aint got enough music out to even vie for the spot. Nicki got several successful projects under her belt and Remy has 1 flop its pretty clear who raps better based off the data.

The fact that Nikkis album sold does not mean she's a better rapper than remy...that's a Drake style arguement which goes back to my original point

Listen to them rap...Remy got a better flow and better lyrics than nicki

If she is so much better than Nicki and such a better rapper why is nobody listening to her? Why are all of her songs features? If she such a dope rapper where are the dope projects that she spazzing on solo? I been tuned in to both since they hit the scene and there is not much of a skill gap but I think Nicki is overall better and is more diverse.

The same could be said for nicki.....why are no real Hip hop fans checking for nickis music? Why are all her fans teenage girls? Where are her dope projects?

Even if you hear a Remy feature it makes you want to check for her album which I did....Nickis features don't even do that...which is why I wouldn't
    This is true. Don't forget that ? fanbase, cuz alot of these ? are into Nicki's music too (FYI I'm not 'homophobic' or discriminating against that lifestyle). Nicki can spit, but she's been spitting alot of wack verses or a few dope lines sprinkled inbetween filler lines. She's been releasing commercial garbage as well and been featured on commercial sh*t. While she's talented, she tends to make up for her lack of substance by making silly faces and doing voices. Real heads peep right through that sh*t.
    i think Remy has it in her to snatch that crown. You saw how she got at her in that Hot97 freestyle about a month ago. I wondfer if Nicki has it in her to respond to that work, cuz she's yet to respond (unless I missed something).

Yep, she has the "crown" because of popularity and not because of quality music....similar to drake

Drake has the crown for several reason and one of them is the quality of his music bruh.

Inb4 someone brings up the ghostwriter

His ghostwriter is one of those several reasons.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki holds the spot similar to drake....mostly off popularity and not based on quality music

Nicki never been on Remy's level as a rapper

Im convinced most of yall havent listened to Nicki out side her singles, she is as talented as Remy if not more. Remy has one album that flopped which signifies she wasnt rapping that good on there, and a bunch of crew songs she really aint got enough music out to even vie for the spot. Nicki got several successful projects under her belt and Remy has 1 flop its pretty clear who raps better based off the data.

The fact that Nikkis album sold does not mean she's a better rapper than remy...that's a Drake style arguement which goes back to my original point

Listen to them rap...Remy got a better flow and better lyrics than nicki

If she is so much better than Nicki and such a better rapper why is nobody listening to her? Why are all of her songs features? If she such a dope rapper where are the dope projects that she spazzing on solo? I been tuned in to both since they hit the scene and there is not much of a skill gap but I think Nicki is overall better and is more diverse.

The same could be said for nicki.....why are no real Hip hop fans checking for nickis music? Why are all her fans teenage girls? Where are her dope projects?

Even if you hear a Remy feature it makes you want to check for her album which I did....Nickis features don't even do that...which is why I wouldn't
    This is true. Don't forget that ? fanbase, cuz alot of these ? are into Nicki's music too (FYI I'm not 'homophobic' or discriminating against that lifestyle). Nicki can spit, but she's been spitting alot of wack verses or a few dope lines sprinkled inbetween filler lines. She's been releasing commercial garbage as well and been featured on commercial sh*t. While she's talented, she tends to make up for her lack of substance by making silly faces and doing voices. Real heads peep right through that sh*t.
    i think Remy has it in her to snatch that crown. You saw how she got at her in that Hot97 freestyle about a month ago. I wondfer if Nicki has it in her to respond to that work, cuz she's yet to respond (unless I missed something).

Yep, she has the "crown" because of popularity and not because of quality music....similar to drake

Drake has the crown for several reason and one of them is the quality of his music bruh.

Hahahaha....where those classics at then?
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Drake has a bunch of classic songs to many to name just no classic bodies of work.
  • bck145
    Options
    Drake has a bunch of classic songs to many to name just no classic bodies of work.

A hit song is not always a classic song.....Drake doesn't have a juicy, tha crossroads, dear mama

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A hit song is not always a classic song.....Drake doesn't have a juicy, tha crossroads, dear mama
    I concur but which current rapper of Drake's level does? Times are different.
  • The Recipe
    Options

I never said every one of his hits or everything that charts is a classic. Bro your a hipster I get it you dislike popular artist. The difference between you and me is I listened to Drake and Nicki while they was underground so I appreciate their ascension instead of hating what they have accomplished. BTW Juicy and Dear Mama are iconic songs not many artist have those types of records.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Just saw Remy Ma trending on twitter, she is on LHH, thats where rap careers go to die.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    I'm not the one to spread gossip, but Remy just had a miscarriage. I've seen her on instagram. People do share alot on social media nowadays. My condolences to her and Papoose.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Just saw Remy Ma trending on twitter, she is on LHH, thats where rap careers go to die.
    She dropped one album 12 years ago that tanked and was featured on a couple of hits. Has her rap career even gone off the ground to say it's dying? She's known for features, laying hot verses here and there and being married to Papoose, but we don't know the person behind Remy. Not like she's a crossover artist IMO. That might change in '17 though. I can kinda see why she's on her Kim K sh*t, exploiting her miscarriage on social media. This is a business....
  • bck145
    edited January 2017
    Options

I never said every one of his hits or everything that charts is a classic. Bro your a hipster I get it you dislike popular artist. The difference between you and me is I listened to Drake and Nicki while they was underground so I appreciate their ascension instead of hating what they have accomplished. BTW Juicy and Dear Mama are iconic songs not many artist have those types of records.

No but you said he has classic songs....yet they are no where to be found

I got called out in another thread of recognizing what Drake has accomplished...now I'm a hipster? He doesn't make great music he makes popular music...there's not much more to it than that
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not the one to spread gossip, but Remy just had a miscarriage. I've seen her on instagram. People do share alot on social media nowadays. My condolences to her and Papoose.

it wasn't a miscarriage....the baby was developing in her tubes so they had to take it out and now she can't have babies at all...

*sat and was "forced" to watch LHH with the BM last night post*
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Nicki clapped back at Remy. That beat was kinda wack to me, but Nicki spat a few bars though. I called this when I made this thread. Remy will respond to this though.
    That joint album she had with Fat Joe tanked though. Record sales are atrocious. If Remy wants that crown she has to have commercial success instead of just hot singles where she's featured. Nicki > Remy at this point (sorry). Nicki has accomplished way more with less time in the game. She ain't started getting hot till 6, 7 years ago while Remy been on since the late 90's (facts).
  • Muhannad
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jCroYuuX8

This was bound to happen. I saw this coming (check my posts in this thread).
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Best believe Remy had this in the vault. She was waiting for a moment to unleash this "Ether". These disses are cool and everything, but (like I said) Remy needs some commercial success if she wants that crown. That joint album tanked, her solo album that dropped a decade ago tanked, she hasn't had a hit that she carried eventhough she's been in the game for 17/18 years. Clock is ticking for Remy. i wondern how this is gonna unfold.

I predicted this was gonna happen (check the posts) and suckas were acting like I was making this up (check the posts).
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will goku defeat cell or will cell destroy the planet
    Will piccolo ever get his own movie
    Will Gohan even stop being a ? ?
    Find out next time on the next episode of DBZ
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options

No but you said he has classic songs....yet they are no where to be found

I got called out in another thread of recognizing what Drake has accomplished...now I'm a hipster? He doesn't make great music he makes popular music...there's not much more to it than that

You're opinion and this is not about Drake.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

Bruh... You are prime material for the DB Super thread in LCA lol
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    We have a battle, folks..
    Remy Ma- ShEther (7mins long)

https://youtu.be/Vd8G-ohqWNY
    Too many bars to process...

she hit Nicki high, low, from all angles ? !
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

we need you in this thread my g
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/480936/the-official-dragonball-super-thread-all-my-dbz-fans-come-in-here#latest
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    We have a battle, folks..
    Remy Ma- ShEther (7mins long)

https://youtu.be/Vd8G-ohqWNY
    Too many bars to process...

she hit Nicki high, low, from all angles ? !

I'm glad she got on her bought her ? brother
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's Hannah Montana! Damn. Um, she mentioned Nicki's brother. Nuff said. Head shot.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate her flow though but she went in.