Options

Comments

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Ward need to stop cryin' and give that man his rematch already.

I agree with the bold but this is same ? Floyd used to when in every interview that ? was talking about how he never gets credit for ? . No difference to me.

We not talking about not getting credit. We talkong abaout him stalling on the rematch, as the first fight was super close.

The difference between him and Floyd... Both of Floyd's closest fights, (Castillo, Maidana) he rematched them immediately. This dude Ward is dragging his feet like a got damn anchor.
    We don't know how the negotiations go. We don't know SOG's situation with Roc nation. What we do know is SOG is the A-side. Kathy needs to respect that. I huess it has to make sense to SOG, before we get that rematch.
    I do know SOG ain't ducking nobody. His (flawless) record proves that. He's p4p #1 at the moment.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »

I agree with the bold but this is same ? Floyd used to when in every interview that ? was talking about how he never gets credit for ? . No difference to me.

We not talking about not getting credit. We talkong abaout him stalling on the rematch, as the first fight was super close.

The difference between him and Floyd... Both of Floyd's closest fights, (Castillo, Maidana) he rematched them immediately. This dude Ward is dragging his feet like a got damn anchor.
    We don't know how the negotiations go. We don't know SOG's situation with Roc nation. What we do know is SOG is the A-side. Kathy needs to respect that. I huess it has to make sense to SOG, before we get that rematch.
    I do know SOG ain't ducking nobody. His (flawless) record proves that. He's p4p #1 at the moment.

no.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So give me the reason why they dont like Ward... hes never given them a reason to not like them.. Something verifiable.

Cuz he a black fighter who is defensive minded and doesnt kiss they ass. Why u being naive? ward is an American Olympian... instead of being loved and supported Luke Puerto Rico or Mexico would Do for their fighter the US hates on him. Same with Wilder. These are Olympians
    Crazy thing is SOG is half white and was raised by his white dad. His dad took him to Virgil's gym and the rest is history. Both SOG's parents were dopefiends and he only recently came in contact with his mother. His mom wasn't in his life in his formative years...

You are right though. People hate on him because of his skincolour. Someone said it has to do with his (lack of) personality and him being "boring". A fighter like Broner is way more flamboyant and outgoing and they hate on him too. Floyd was outgoing too and they hated on him. Ali talked cash sh*t and they hated him. They started to show him love when he was punchdrunk and couldn't even express himself = he was harmless. They hate on Deontay too and he is more charismatic than SOG. Errol Spence, Bud and all these up and coming fighhters that will dominate their weightclasses will share the same fate.
    Some of these fighters they hype and rally behind don't even speak English and are just as "boring" as they say SOG is. We can beat around the bush, but this all boils down to skincolour. These people want their GWH and feel threatened by the superiority of black fighters. We have documented history that proves that. They rioted after Jack Johnson beat their GWH's. Reagan called Gery Cooney, a contender, to wish him well, but not the American champion Larry Holmes?
    We know what it is though.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah bruh. He CLEARLY stalling on the rematch, and through the media, at that.
  • Muhannad
    Options

I don't know how the negotiations are going and neither does anyone in this thread. It took like 7 years years to make #Maypac, so what are we really talking about?

Let's stick to the fatcs and leave emotion out of this (bear with me). What we do know is that Dre is the A-side and it has to make sense to him. How we as fans feel is not important. That's the business aspect of this game. These prize fighters are litterally putting their lives on the lines to entertain us and provide for their families.
    As a fan, I wanna see that rematch as much as anyone, but I understand the business aspect of this game. I think Dre is thinking about his future. I've heard him say he might retire which is a choice we all have to respect. I hope that he'll fight Kovalev this year, but we gonna have to wait and see and respect w/e choice the A-side in this makes. The game is the game.
  • Mastery
    Options

I don't know how the negotiations are going and neither does anyone in this thread. It took like 7 years years to make #Maypac, so what are we really talking about?

Let's stick to the fatcs and leave emotion out of this (bear with me). What we do know is that Dre is the A-side and it has to make sense to him. How we as fans feel is not important. That's the business aspect of this game. These prize fighters are litterally putting their lives on the lines to entertain us and provide for their families.
    As a fan, I wanna see that rematch as much as anyone, but I understand the business aspect of this game. I think Dre is thinking about his future. I've heard him say he might retire which is a choice we all have to respect. I hope that he'll fight Kovalev this year, but we gonna have to wait and see and respect w/e choice the A-side in this makes. The game is the game.

You say leave emotion out of it, then sprinkle it throughout. He is only the A side because he barely won. Facts. His skill set? A side. His drawing power? I wouldn't quite call that A side.
  • Muhannad
    Options

You say leave emotion out of it, then sprinkle it throughout. He is only the A side because he barely won. Facts. His skill set? A side. His drawing power? I wouldn't quite call that A side.
    I stated straight facts, my dude. SOG's the A-side because he won UD. He holds the belt. That's why Superman is calling him out instead of Krusher. Whether you felt he 'barely' won, is your opinion and irrelevant. I share your opinion on the fight FYI because I too felt it could go either way.
    The fact remains Dre holds the title which makes him the A-side. In their first match his purse was bigger as well if I'm not mistaken BTW. Dre's the A-side and we'll get a date for the rematch when it makes sense to him. He the A-side and he should that negotiation position. How we as fans feel is irrelevant.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ward lost that fight bruh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm mad excited for thurman vs garcia

I got "Dan"
  • Mastery
    Options

I stated straight facts, my dude. SOG's the A-side because he won UD. He holds the belt. That's why Superman is calling him out instead of Krusher. Whether you felt he 'barely' won, is your opinion and irrelevant. I share your opinion on the fight FYI because I too felt it could go either way.
    The fact remains Dre holds the title which makes him the A-side. In their first match his purse was bigger as well if I'm not mistaken BTW. Dre's the A-side and we'll get a date for the rematch when it makes sense to him. He the A-side and he should that negotiation position. How we as fans feel is irrelevant.

Nah, holding the title don't automatically make you the A side bruh. Been plenty of challengers throughout history that was the A side.
  • Muhannad
    Options

Nah, holding the title don't automatically make you the A side bruh. Been plenty of challengers throughout history that was the A side.
    Are we really debating whether Dre's the A-side when all facts point to the obvious? In this instance, Dre holding the title and having a bigger pur$e in their first match makes him the A-side.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kovalev ain't A side. He also has that loss to ward on his record. He demands nothing
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ward's the A side but if he's holding out for more money good luck with that. He already made 5 million and the PPV did like a 150k. Only way he comes back with a similar payday is if Kovalev takes like less than a million which isn't happening.

He's stalling the rematch he trying to gain whatever edge he can. I personally had him losing the fight. It's to his benefit to hold off on the fight and make Kovalev waste his time by sitting out.
  • Mastery
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    Neither one of you ? addressed my actual comments though. Lol

The A side... yet that was both guys' first PPV haha.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilder card bout to start!! legggooo!!
  • playmaker88
    Options
    In before Brazelle gets his jaw smashed
  • playmaker88