Ever had a "dangerous" encounter with any animals?

Options

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just some "pigs," a few times.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Edit i told it already
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Long time ago may have been 8 or 9 in Poconos camping grounds, we had a golf cart to drive around the path and camping site, me and older brother took it to drive around..

sure enough we see two bear cubs run in front of us..we knew if cubs were there, then momma bear is near by, we reversed and sped out the hell out of there.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was like 8 went to a party we was outside playing football 2 dogs started running towards us looking aggressive. My friends all ran to the flat I was thinking naa dogs can climb stairs faster than me I'm splitting up from them.,........Both dogs chased me I climbed on a shed ripped my new jeans sat on top of that shed like snoopy for at least a hour dogs owner came said sorry. I climbed down called my mum got in trouble for ripping my jeans I just went to bed so sad.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't remember how old I was exactly (8 or 9) but my dad loved to fish. he'd get me up early as hell on Saturday mornings and we go to different fishing spots. so we go to this lake and he parks the car. we walk down this trail and we set up shop on the lake. while waiting to catch something I get up start playing around like kids do. he looks over to check on me and calmly says its a snake by ur foot. yo not thinking at all I look down see the snake and take off. the problem is I tripped and fell in the water face first. it was the edge of the lake so it wasnt deep. my dad jumps up grabs me out the water. im crying and ? and he's laughing hard as hell at me. he carries me to the car and tries to find towels for me. i calm down and he looks at me serious as hell and says u ready to go back? i look at him like man i almost got eaten alive by a snake and then almost drowned and u wanna go back? he proceeds to tell me that the fishing poles and his equipment is still there. he follows that by saying the catfish should be biting now. smh

my ? went back.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My hamster bit my finger when I was a kid, he died weeks later and I never shed a tear, apart from that nothing too serious, my friend had a chunk of his ? bit out by a German shepherd and he still acts like a ? when he comes round to my house and see's my dog.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't remember how old I was exactly (8 or 9) but my dad loved to fish. he'd get me up early as hell on Saturday mornings and we go to different fishing spots. so we go to this lake and he parks the car. we walk down this trail and we set up shop on the lake. while waiting to catch something I get up start playing around like kids do. he looks over to check on me and calmly says its a snake by ur foot. yo not thinking at all I look down see the snake and take off. the problem is I tripped and fell in the water face first. it was the edge of the lake so it wasnt deep. my dad jumps up grabs me out the water. im crying and ? and he's laughing hard as hell at me. he carries me to the car and tries to find towels for me. i calm down and he looks at me serious as hell and says u ready to go back? i look at him like man i almost got eaten alive by a snake and then almost drowned and u wanna go back? he proceeds to tell me that the fishing poles and his equipment is still there. he follows that by saying the catfish should be biting now. smh

my ? went back.

Your father seemed cool as hell. Cool, calm, and collected. Reminds me of my pops
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant say that i have....we just ? wit dogs trying to make them jump over fences so we could be chased...didnt happen to often...but the few times it did, fun!!!
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohhhh! I forgot. Smh! So...in my old neighborhood, there was always these random azz pigs, usually in pairs of two sometimes more. For the most part the usually just wondered around minding their business but they were pigs with short tempers and easily agitated. So being kids we thought it would fun to throw rocks at them...so we would post up and hide near the woods with piles of rocks to throw at them. They would chase after us but could nevet catch us....? got real, real quikkk. So we spot them with this one big as pig with them. I mean this pig was HUGE! it was black with white in it...instant target for us..so we start throwing the biggest rocks we could find at it. Mistake...this ? makes a u turn and heads straight for us so we start running. Then it stops so we lookin like why it stop...wrong again. This ? gets out his jeep and opens the back door... giant k-9 gets out. We instantly turn into the characters from the jungle book and climb in the trees....never did that ? again...
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I once got stung in the palm of my hand by a bee, that ? hurt. But that's nothing compared to the rest of y'all. I hope I never come across an alligator. My soul would leave my body.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got chased by a goat when I was like 10

Scariest ? ever
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to go all John Wick on a couple of racoons.....w a bb gun
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAARMAAAAJGFmNWVhMTJlLWU2NDYtNDU1NC05M2JiLTZhNjYwNzNmMzc3Ng.jpg

I used to work at Lowe's in the early 2000s, I went out in the garden nursery center during closing hours to help them straighten stuff out until I encountered a brown copperhead snake.

And I was like....

giphy.gif

...ran straight out to the parking lot.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was in the parking lot of my apartment complex, in my car ordering a pizza, when I caught something out my peripheral view. It was a big ass black bear, and it was 5 feet from my car. I froze, scared shitless that it was going to tear up my car trying to get me. After about 5 mins it ran into the woods, and I went and got my pizza. Ended up getting a hotel that night cause I thought the bear would come back.

I was 12, staying with my aunty in NC for the summer. She lived in the country so we always encountered wildlife. She had bushes right by her door that always had wasp flying around. Ran by it thinking they wouldn't notice but nope. Stung 5 times. The next door neighbors dogs got loose and chased my cousin and I all through the property. My cousin had my aunts pepper spray and sprayed that ? . It scared the dogs but we almost choked to death from the spray
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »

Scariest ? ever

Ha
    Thought u floridians were tough
    I was wrestling goats at 10.
    They lost and got curried cause thats how i roll
  • bighutch
    bighutch Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Found a rattlesnake on my back porch. Instead of it going the opposite direction that sumbitch act like it was chasing me. Called animal control they wouldn't come until the fire department showed up. I didn't go in the back yard for atleast a week after
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Scariest ? ever

Ha

U was fuckn goats u fuckn ?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Scariest ? ever

Ha

Yo goat smellin ass
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had forgot i dropped that parrot story in here
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember poking a stick into a snake's hole in a creek behind my house when I was a little kid and almost getting ? up. I rose up and hauled ass back to the crib when I saw it move to come out.
  • So ILL
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Got chased by somebody's big-ass dog when I was ? Knocking in my hood one night when I was like, 12. We were all just walking down the middle of the street chilling when that ? flew from behind a house like we had just ? up some ? he was about to get, I just turned around and ran back up the street until I couldn't run anymore lol.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Had a hawk swipe down on my boy while we were playing in a field at school during recess. Turns out that ? saw a mouse that was by us and said, "? them kids" lol.
  • So ILL
    Options
    My parents told me I almost got mauled by a dog when I was a toddler. Said I was calling a puppy to come play, which mom says she looked up to a full grown German Shepherd running at me before she got me and got it away from us lol.
  • So ILL
    Options
    My first encounter that I remember was getting chased by my friend's chihuahua when I rode my bike past their house when I was going to my grandparents house next door. I was about 5 or 6, that ? scared the ? out of me lmao.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another one, my only time in Canada idk exactly where was, I was maybe 4 years old it was some petting/feeding zoo with bunch of Deers. I had bunch of cookies in my hand, for some reason every Deer ignored everyone else and came to me like 30 of them ? rushing me eating cookies aggressively out my hand. I been told I got scared started to cry and pops grabbed me and got me out of there.

Haven't messed with deers since.