now this is an epic brake check

Options

Comments

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that left lane, fast lane ? doesnt exist here..there are a couple spots that have the slower traffic keep right signs. other than that nope...our speed limit is already pretty much 50mph...on top of that mfs pace each other in all the lanes...that why we got some of the country's worst traffic.

my boy had a button he wired up that turned his brake lights on. that ? kept mfs off his ass like a champ

That ? exist everywhere
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    ^im pretty sure that's everywhere

Nope. Not in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, NM, AZ, NV, or Cali for certain. The reason I say that is when we moved from MI to AZ the only two states I noticed this being law was in OK and AR. ? even in TX I was CRUISING in the fast lane only gettin over for faster cars and cops. Wasn't an issue on any of our trips to Cali or Vegas either.
    I feel you tho bro I aint trying to control nobody ? just ? me off.....those drivers lose control, cross the median, and ? families on the way home from the ball game all the time.....so you got people like me on the road, and you got people like you on the road......this ? just bound to happen

As for losing control... Fam, you can lose it at 35mph or less and end up on a median depending on the road conditions. Rain, black ice, snow, anything can cause you to lose it. Out here in metro Phoenix even light rain can create disastrous conditions on the freeway because oil builds up on the pavement and all it takes is a drizzle to create slick spots.

Y'all might be too young to remember, but just after Christmas in 1990 there was a serious blizzard that covered damned near the whole country. I was in Dallas visiting my family down there and the whole ? city was covered in snow. Anywho, we left in three separate cars and got up I-57 a few hours from Chicago and the whole freeway was covered with ice. Traffic was moving at 10mph tops. I was driving my S12 and decided to get off at a rest stop coming up and got over to exit. I was going 10mph and spun out from one side of the freeway to the embankment on the other side just by making a lane change.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    If someone brake checks me I simply wait until the next lane is clear and go around them. The person in the Honda was an ? but the guy tailgating was more in the wrong.

No, if you're in the left lane you're supposed to be passing. If you're cruising in that lane and a car comes up behind you, regardless of their speed, you're supposed to get over to the right to let faster traffic by.

nah lol

i mean I get the rules but if we in a 65 and im already doing 75-80 and you come barrelling down on me.....? you

ya'll better buckle up ouchea

and you're the ? that causes these accidents.

Let that pride ? go. You ain't above gettin over when someone flashes their high beams. There's been times when I was on the 696 or I94 flying at 90-100mph in my Mustangs, S12, or my old Prelude Si and had a cat coming up behind me like I was in reverse. I got over, let him pass, then got back over there and continued rollin out.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If someone brake checks me I simply wait until the next lane is clear and go around them. The person in the Honda was an ? but the guy tailgating was more in the wrong.

No, if you're in the left lane you're supposed to be passing. If you're cruising in that lane and a car comes up behind you, regardless of their speed, you're supposed to get over to the right to let faster traffic by.

Going around is much easier than tailgating someone and potentially causing accidents. And why assume I'm only talking about the left lane.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah lol

i mean I get the rules but if we in a 65 and im already doing 75-80 and you come barrelling down on me.....? you

Let that pride ? go. You ain't above gettin over when someone flashes their high beams. There's been times when I was on the 696 or I94 flying at 90-100mph in my Mustangs, S12, or my old Prelude Si and had a cat coming up behind me like I was in reverse. I got over, let him pass, then got back over there and continued rollin out.

aight mane lol....

all this ? is subjective and depends on the situation and even a persons mood that day

so no matter which way you cut it we all got habits that are potentially dangerous for whatever reason

still fairly young but I got a perfect driving record at the moment.....most of the accidents I've witnessed were caused by some fearless speed demon who thought the road was theirs *shrugs*
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's 150 pts.

burnout_3_02_06.jpg

lol @ the radio show continuing on after the crash.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Do there be slow ass people in the left lane, hell yes.

Some of yall need to stop acting like some people aren't just ? speed demons.

You got folks who doing 70-75 in a 60mph zone and will still have someone riding their bumper.

Most times it ain't slow drivers in the left lane thats the problem.

Yo, I was in Hawaii in January. They have long winding roads sometimes with low traffic and there are a lot of sports cars, so it's tempting as hell to drive fast there. I got a free upgrade to a Mustang, and I can lie I was going like 85 in a 55 most of the time I was there. It was like a real life video game driving on those roads. No lie, everyday there would be people blowing by me like I was standing still. Some people just don't give a ? .
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah lol

aight mane lol....

all this ? is subjective and depends on the situation and even a persons mood that day

so no matter which way you cut it we all got habits that are potentially dangerous for whatever reason

still fairly young but I got a perfect driving record at the moment.....most of the accidents I've witnessed were caused by some fearless speed demon who thought the road was theirs *shrugs*

gtf off the road ? ? . please die
  • konceptjones
    edited March 2017
    Options

Going around is much easier than tailgating someone and potentially causing accidents. And why assume I'm only talking about the left lane.

You run the risk of causing an accident passing on the right to go around some ? that refuses to get over like they're supposed to because someone next to you might get into that lane to pass correctly and here you are in the way for no good reason.

It's like those people that use the center turning lane to merge into traffic instead of waiting until traffic is clear like you're supposed to. I've personally witnessed maybe 20-25 head-on collisions because idiots use the turn lane improperly and get surprised when a car is coming towards them using the lane properly. I got into it with one driver that tried to get me as a witness to say he was in the right. I flat out told him that he caused the accident because he used the turning lane to merge like a ? and when the cops finally showed up they completely agreed with me and cited him.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No turn signal switching lanes. Improper following distance on the following vehicle, but not worth the excessive brake checking. And I do mean excessive.

You hit the brakes like that when a deer jumps out in front of you. That vehicle over corrected itself into that crash, but that van was out of line.

None of them can drive I'd say.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Break checking is dumb as ? .

Yea. Let's risk our health
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah lol

aight mane lol....

But you also think the road is yours if you're chilling in the left lane and won't switch lanes
  • 5th Letter
    Options

You run the risk of causing an accident passing on the right to go around some ? that refuses to get over like they're supposed to because someone next to you might get into that lane to pass correctly and here you are in the way for no good reason.

It's like those people that use the center turning lane to merge into traffic instead of waiting until traffic is clear like you're supposed to. I've personally witnessed maybe 20-25 head-on collisions because idiots use the turn lane improperly and get surprised when a car is coming towards them using the lane properly. I got into it with one driver that tried to get me as a witness to say he was in the right. I flat out told him that he caused the accident because he used the turning lane to merge like a ? and when the cops finally showed up they completely agreed with me and cited him.

What's the difference between the driver in front pulling over to the next lane, versus me going around?
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the difference between the driver in front pulling over to the next lane, versus me going around?

? you dont stop progress and its the law. why should i have to get over in the right lane when im passing. youre endangering yourself frfr if i was to get technical. and yes i hate people who speed up when you try to pass them in the right lane. this lady did that one time and i damn neared pulled out the pistol on her. road rage is real. and yall people better start learning how to drive before theres a bullet in the back of your head or a loved one get slumped up.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »

? you dont stop progress and its the law. why should i have to get over in the right lane when im passing. youre endangering yourself frfr if i was to get technical. and yes i hate people who speed up when you try to pass them in the right lane. this lady did that one time and i damn neared pulled out the pistol on her. road rage is real. and yall people better start learning how to drive before theres a bullet in the back of your head or a loved one get slumped up.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather go around a slow ass driver than to stay behind them waiting for them to move over.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should seriously consider treating road rage as a mental illness.

They teach defensive driving because there are sucky drivers and ? out there and you must accept that. Stop saying "people should do this, people should do that", some people do ? ? , but YOU should just be trying to stay ALIVE. Not teaching complete strangers lessons on the road while we are traveling 60mph+ in 4000lb machines running on oil, electricity and gasoline. Not to mention you don't know who that person is you're choosing to be petty to. They might be a sucky driver, but they also might be an excellent shooter

I ain't no saint by any means, we all have our pet peeves and get ? off sometimes but it's sad to see some people in this thread ACCEPTING their road rage and pettiness like they don't realize that it is lowkey suicidal.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

That logic has a limit though. If your ass is driving ridiculously fast, you're already breaking the law. No one on the road has to accommodate your foolishness.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

That logic has a limit though. If your ass is driving ridiculously fast, you're already breaking the law. No one on the road has to accommodate your foolishness.

He wasn't driving that fast though. He would've came up on him much quicker. Also, you never know when someone is going to have somewhere they need to be quickly; be it pregnancy, rushing to the hospital, etc. There are legitimate reasons someone could be speeding which is why cops always ask you when they pull you over. I've been let go for rushing to a wedding. Brake-checking never has a legitimate reasoning lawfully. It only creates danger. It's always wrong.

The reason there's a rule for the slower driver to get over is because since that driver is moving slower, it's easier to make safer maneuvers. If the fast driver in the situation has to go around, danger is heightened (wet roads, etc) and possibly creates a double get over move as they will need to get back into the left lane. You want to minimize passing situations. People magically know the rules when a cop is coming through.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread should be renamed to drivers ed remedial 101
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^im pretty sure that's everywhere

Nope. Not in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, NM, AZ, NV, or Cali for certain. The reason I say that is when we moved from MI to AZ the only two states I noticed this being law was in OK and AR. ? even in TX I was CRUISING in the fast lane only gettin over for faster cars and cops. Wasn't an issue on any of our trips to Cali or Vegas either.
    I feel you tho bro I aint trying to control nobody ? just ? me off.....those drivers lose control, cross the median, and ? families on the way home from the ball game all the time.....so you got people like me on the road, and you got people like you on the road......this ? just bound to happen

As for losing control... Fam, you can lose it at 35mph or less and end up on a median depending on the road conditions. Rain, black ice, snow, anything can cause you to lose it. Out here in metro Phoenix even light rain can create disastrous conditions on the freeway because oil builds up on the pavement and all it takes is a drizzle to create slick spots.

Y'all might be too young to remember, but just after Christmas in 1990 there was a serious blizzard that covered damned near the whole country. I was in Dallas visiting my family down there and the whole ? city was covered in snow. Anywho, we left in three separate cars and got up I-57 a few hours from Chicago and the whole freeway was covered with ice. Traffic was moving at 10mph tops. I was driving my S12 and decided to get off at a rest stop coming up and got over to exit. I was going 10mph and spun out from one side of the freeway to the embankment on the other side just by making a lane change.

Cac
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And a snitch smh
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldve jus went around..

im on the road alot and it be ? who cruise the fast lane..
    i jus wait to go around..
    none of this ? is worth that end result..

i dont understand road rage..

It's straight ego tripping. "Imma show this ? "

Aight.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the speed limit is 65 and I'm doing 80, I'm not darting in and out the right lane for someone doing 85.

If I'm actually cruising, I wouldn't even be in that lane...
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall need to get over yall feelings. ? ? said if You're already going over the speed limit. ? ass ? get the ? over. ? like you need to cite in a car crash do you can Finally realize that you was never meant to drive only driven