Cory Gunz 'Funk Flex Freestyle'

Options
water ur seeds
water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in The Reason
Dude has baaaaars *flex voice* I wanna see Cory get some singles out this year, hes got too much talent to sit in the bushes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bne47tlNvU

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude has baaaaars *flex voice* I wanna see Cory get some singles out this year, hes got too much talent to sit in the bushes...

lol are you sion jr? ? can't make songs despite his talent. And hoping to see someone get out the bushes is like wanting to see jay electronica drop an album. Good luck.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spitting like that, there's an album to be made if he stay in his lane
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's always had talent and flow

Seems his 'management' has gotten in his way more often than not
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Career went like his hairline downhill!

cory-gunz-6-foot-sets.jpg

Body bag
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He neva found his sound…he's always been all over tha place him n pap
    Word 2 remy tha bx hot rite now…ctfu
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    He's always had talent and flow

Seems his 'management' has gotten in his way more often than not

His management didn't get him into trouble with the law nor did they determine the fact he can't write complete songs well. Yes YMCMBushes stops talent. But Cory's issues have to due with his inability to write decent songs/mixtapes and his issues with gun charges and other fuckery.

? like Cory Gunz are like And 1 Mixtape stars. Sure they can do certain things very well and flashy. But they are not good enough for the NBA in most cases.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I miss this style of rap. No extra punchlines and PG type wordplay, just flow and recklessness. "Till you yabba dabba do out your designer shoes"... hilarious.

Sidebar: Tical 2000 is one of the best produced albums ever.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He was suppose to blow but yall forget that charge he received few years ago.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was hot a few years ago when young money was popping..but needed hit records to be able to see the light outside the bushes....i still can't believe tyga came through...corey aunt got a "rack city" in him i guess...wayne set that boy up pretty nice w that 6-7 track
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Nah Cory had decent mixtapes and features, its not he is a battle rapper who cant put a proper 16bars together, charge fckd his career up for abit though...

He was on DrinkChamps and talked about his situation, but my memory is fckd I cant remember what he said but he sounded like a loyal type of dude by the sounds of it... IMO he needs to go somewhere like RocNation where I think if he puts the work in, his music will get out, plus he will have access to contacts and oppositeness to get on shows, and shows is where the money is now imo...

I dont care about the politics of the game, I just wanna hear dope cyphers and mixtapes, and Cory has that ability, this is hip hop, yes its a job now too, but 'fans' just wanna hear rappers drop bars upon bars...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Nah Cory had decent mixtapes and features, its not he is a battle rapper who cant put a proper 16bars together, charge fckd his career up for abit though...

He was on DrinkChamps and talked about his situation, but my memory is fckd I cant remember what he said but he sounded like a loyal type of dude by the sounds of it... IMO he needs to go somewhere like RocNation where I think if he puts the work in, his music will get out, plus he will have access to contacts and oppositeness to get on shows, and shows is where the money is now imo...

I dont care about the politics of the game, I just wanna hear dope cyphers and mixtapes, and Cory has that ability, this is hip hop, yes its a job now too, but 'fans' just wanna hear rappers drop bars upon bars...

"I wanna hear a cory gunz project in 2017" - said nobody every

From what i recall he had a show on MTV and still could never pick up steam. He also has never had a hit single as the main artist which worse talent has done even coming out of New York. And again this dumb ? got in trouble with the law. He then dropped a mixtape in 2013....crickets.

He has always been dope in freestyle/cyphers. But i can't remember one Cory Gunz mixtape that ? had to hear. Now yes signing to YMCMBushes didn't help outside of wayne putting him on 6 foot 7. However even RocNation can't save cory.

He needs to prove that he can actually make a solid mixtape in 2017 which in my opinion he can't. He will always be a cypher punch line rapper. Which is fine but yall ? on your @Sion thinking ? are a label change away from being a star is misguided.
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fam he had dope mixtapes, I dont know about years and whatever but since he got his situation sorted with the law he needs to just a project out, if its dope imo people will check for it...

But like I said he just needs get with a forward moving label like RocNation or even Maybach, it not hard in this day and age to get music out if your not shelved or held back by a label... I dont know what your on about with this 'sion' schitt but Cory is dope, imo being on CM is holding him back...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy was signed to Young Money for the longest wasnt he?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle think everybody got to like what he like
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Fam he had dope mixtapes, I dont know about years and whatever but since he got his situation sorted with the law he needs to just a project out, if its dope imo people will check for it...

But like I said he just needs get with a forward moving label like RocNation or even Maybach, it not hard in this day and age to get music out if your not shelved or held back by a label... I dont know what your on about with this 'sion' schitt but Cory is dope, imo being on CM is holding him back...

1. He does not need a major label to catch fire he needs a hit song. ? making songs out their basement like 21 savage and uzi and all of a sudden they have hits.
    2. There are rappers i hate on here as far as rappers but even they have had a mixtape single that turned to a hit or a fire mixtape that tore up the streets. Cory Gunz has neither. He was fortunate and took advantage of 6 foot 7 and that is it.

Sure i am known to be critical of rappers especially from the YMCMB camp but this is beyond that. You may like his mixtapes but his 2013 mixtape was hardly talked about and the mixtapes before that turned heads but never was critically acclaimed by ? . Name 1 mixtape cory gunz had that blew up go ahead ill wait lmao.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

as long as cats prefer Subway over Blimpe and or Quiznos i ain't got no issues with how you think lmao.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blimpe>>>>>subway

By far
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Blimpe>>>>>subway

By far

Man ? blimpe we have better revenue per store and they got a one hot sandwich every 10 year average.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Subway is ? garbage. Only ? I get in there is that steak and cheese and even that ? is weak af.... The cookies is the best thing in that store.... Eat fresh? ? them ?
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I miss this style of rap. No extra punchlines and PG type wordplay, just flow and recklessness. "Till you yabba dabba do out your designer shoes"... hilarious.

Sidebar: Tical 2000 is one of the best produced albums ever.

That was hot his style always been jibberish ibberish jabbish in a real fast way…Word to my mama, I'm out of my lima bean
    Don't wanna see what that drama mean, guess I'm Dramamine
    Llama scream, hotter than summer sun on a Ghana queen
    Now all I want is hits, ? , Wayne signed a fiend
    I played the side for you ? that's tryna front, and see
    Son of Gunz, Son of Sam, you ? the son of me
    Pause for this dumber speech, I glow like Buddha
    Disturb me, and you'll be all over the flow like Luda
    ? , I flow like scuba, ? , I'm bold like Cuba
    And I keep a killer ? , she gon' blow right through ya
    I be macking, 'bout my stacking, now I pack like a mover
    Shout to ratchet for backing out on behalf of my shooter
    ? think they high as I, I come laugh at your ruler
    Cash Money cold, ? , but our actions is cooler
    Wayne, these ? out they mind
    I done told these ? ? , so many times
    That I keep these bucks steady on my mind
    Tuck these, I ? these on your mind, pause
    To feed them, on my grind, gonna need a little luck
    Keep throwing my sign in the middle
    Hit 'em up, piece on my side, 'cause ain't no peace on my side, ?
    I'm a man, I visit urinals abroad
    Tune told me to, I'm shooting when the funeral outside
    I'm uptown, thoroughbred, a B.X. ? , ya heard?
    Gunna……ny always has excuses he ain't blow cuz he ain't got it in em not cuz no gun charge ya 4get homie was bigger then meek mill rite
  • water ur seeds
    Options

as long as cats prefer Subway over Blimpe and or Quiznos i ain't got no issues with how you think lmao.

Look breda Im not argue about Cory Gunz with you, you either like him or you dont...

He has mixtapes with over 120k downloads on Datpiff though with 4/5 star ratings, Worldstar music videos with mad views, he's been on CM, the fact people from all over the world know of him and his tunes prove he is marketable, he has a following just like Chris Rivers for people who like lyrics...

I cant be bothered to waste energy, either you like his music or you dont...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Look breda Im not argue about Cory Gunz with you, you either like him or you dont...

He has mixtapes with over 120k downloads on Datpiff though with 4/5 star ratings, Worldstar music videos with mad views, he's been on CM, the fact people from all over the world know of him and his tunes prove he is marketable, he has a following just like Chris Rivers for people who like lyrics...

I cant be bothered to waste energy, either you like his music or you dont...

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

Oh wow 120K download lmaoo. 0 hit singles and 0 mixtapes that were in the top mixtapes of the year period lmao. How many ? are truly anticipating a cory gunz album haha.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? dont want it as bad .