Get Out (2017)

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It's crazy how many people slept on that album. Redbone imo will go down as a classic track.

I was in the theater jammin, that's my ? !

I listen to that track at least 5 times a day :)
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it yesterday. Good ass movie im looking forward to peele making more movies.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tried to watch friday here in BR...was sold out...

but glad to see that the movie is getting folks to think about stuff

also glad to see people showing Gambino love and giving dude a chance. Awaken my love still getting play
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Georgina actually spilled the drink because the real her was trying to "Get Out " and again when she was crying when the brotha was trying to talk to her during the phone incident. She started crying because she was fighting back for a brief moment. She was looking in the window because the grandmother was vain and was enjoying her new found youth.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Some more moments that may have been missed that may or may not be true.

1. Rose isn't actually sticking up for Chris when she argues with the cop about showing ID. She's avoiding a paper trail.

Had the cop run both their licenses, there would be a record that Chris and Rose were together before his eventual disappearance.

2. Georgina spills the iced tea because Missy accidentally clinks a spoon against a glass, sending her into a brief hypnosis.

3. Georgina was probably fixing her bangs in the reflection of the window so her lobotomy scars wouldn't be visible.
    It's the same reason we never see Walter or Logan without a hat.

4. Chris's cell phone camera gives him his first insight into the mystery of Logan's strange behavior. Cell phone footage has been instrumental in shedding light on police brutality cases in America in recent years.

5. The image of Rose eating Froot Loops and milk separately can be seen as a metaphor for never mixing nonwhite and white things.

6. Dean has a lot to say about how little he cares for deer and bucks. "Black buck" was a racist slur in post-Reconstruction America for black men who refused to bow to white authority.

7. Jeremy foreshadows his own death when he talks about jujitsu over dinner. Chris stays "moves ahead" when they're grappling and finally overpowers him.

8. The knight's helmet we see in the white car has some overlapping language with the "White Knights of the Klu Klux ? ."

The rest were obvious or already stated.

Now I get this scene

What was more striking to me was her drinking milk through a black straw in all white llz
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that ? was funny
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loved this movie. The beginning part was ? up but the end is so satisfying. I ? love revenge / comeuppance type endings.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lilrel ? killed it

I can't wait for the next season of the Carmichael Show
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Samuel L Jackson criticises black British actors who take African-American roles, John Boyega responds

The Kong actor spoke candidly about horror film Get Out

Jack Shepherd @JackJShepherd Wednesday 8 March 2017 17:01 GMT20 comments

Samuel L Jackson - who is currently promoting the film Kong: Skull Island - has criticised the casting of black British actors in films concerning Americans race relations.

Speaking to New York radio station Hot 97, the actor spoke candidly about the film Get Out, which stars British actor Daniel Kaluuya - best known for his role in Black Mirror episode ‘Fifteen Million Merits’ - as an African-American man who interacts with white liberal Americans. 

“I think it’s great [Get Out]’s doing everything it’s doing and people are loving it,” Jackson told the station. “But… I know the young brother who’s in the movie, and he’s British. 

"So, there are a lot of black British actors in these movies. I tend to wonder what would that movie would have been with an American brother who really feels that.

“Daniel grew up in a country where they’ve been interracial dating for a hundred years… What would a brother from America have made of that role? I’m sure the director helped, but some things are universal, but [not everything].”

He reasoned: “[British actors] are cheaper than us, for one thing. They don’t cost as much. And they [casting agents and directors] think they’re better trained, because they’re classically trained.”

Jackson’s comments angered Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor John Boyega, who responded on Twitter saying: “Black brits vs African American. A stupid ass conflict we don't have time for.”

Numerous black British actors have been cast in Hollywood films concerning race relations, including David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King in Selma and Chiwetel Ejiofor in the Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/samuel-l-jackson-black-british-actors-african-american-john-boyega-get-out-a7619161.html
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Sam must be on the pipe again
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Yo! can someone start a spoiler Get Out thread so I can talk freely please!
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    godoffun wrote: »

Somebody already gave the ending away without a spoiler
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    godoffun wrote: »

Oh I see ya throwing spoilers already huh?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    That was stupid of Samuel L.

I do see where Sam is coming from tho. Its alot of talented brothers and sisters in the states that dont get the same shine and tend to get the roles taken by a brother or sister from the UK. Sam just shouldntve taken it there
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found myself laughing at alot of it. Crazy how the gf was in on everything
    Yall better leave them white women alone
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw this last night, good movie. I caught a few of the subliminal messages but after reading this thread, I think I want to see it again. You all are bringing up some good theories...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »

This is ? dope. Kudos to the yellow brotha for spelling it out to a ? . I have Chinese in my ancestry a few generations back so it was a particularly interesting read.