He's right
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Got a couple of lines

"Relish fetishes, menaces want the senator’s percentages
    If you ain't prejudice you still a nemesis
    Smoking on the Clematis, get open like a present is
    Now your presence is on the premises for them presidents"

Rappity rap ? ...nothing of substance. Not a damn thing said here.

So now we changing the meaning of what a bar is saying of it has no content it has no meaning?....so now we gotta define what content is cuz we could say rapping abt fckin ? , bussing guns (which pac did before) isn't content right? Rappin abt jewelry etc isn't content.....so lemme ask a question would those lines in Joey's verse have content if it fit the topic of the song....or are we just bring picky now

So now we sayin every legendary rapper who's ever rippty rapped or made a career off it aint ?

Yaaaaaa I'm done u ? will change the rules whenever to fit your purpose
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread can die now
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac in the mac in the back of the Ac ass ?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Got a couple of lines

FOH

so when pun is doing that "Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know
    That we riddled blah blah blibipty" ? , y'all ? are screaming GOAT!!!!!

So is Big L and Rakim wack rappity rap rappers now?

some of you ? make me sick. 75% of the ? that say joey has no substance and use meaningless words will turn around and say raekwon ghost and camp lo are goats even tho they have no idea wtf they are talking about. lool you pac fans man I swear

scust...
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's right
    Do ? really wanna use the content excuse cuz that's a double edged swords. Cuz ? know they lying if they say all pac content was just dropping knowledge.....I'm assuming that's what u mean by content right? that dropping knowledge ? right. Only problem with that is content comes in all forms. Why u think they say things like "this movie will have violent and sexual content" or put explicit content on album covers......so is we talkin abt good or bad content is u saying Joey's raps have no content at all cuz if u say that u lying I can post alot of songs where he spits knowledge or gets on his political ? . If u think he all rippty rap "I flow like the nile" ass ? then u clearly never listened to him like that.

But I digress we talkin bars right or we going deeper than that trying to define what a bar is? Cuz I can go either or b
  • TayGettem
    Options
    He's right
    So basically the Wu - Tang clan trash that's what yall saying and u fckin lyin if u saying everything they said was content. It sounded good but let's not kid like every line had meaning
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's trippin
    R2_163 wrote: »
    Got a couple of lines

FOH

so when pun is doing that "Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know

some of you ? make me sick. 75% of the ? that say joey has no substance and use meaningless words will turn around and say raekwon ghost and camp lo are goats even tho they have no idea wtf they are talking about. lool you pac fans man I swear

scust...
    This post doesn't een apply to me dawg. I would never say such a thing about those artists...and to the poster above, you can gone head and include wu tang. I didn't/don't like any of their music.
  • TayGettem
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's right
    Got a couple of lines

FOH

scust...
    This post doesn't een apply to me dawg. I would never say such a thing about those artists...and to the poster above, you can gone head and include wu tang. I didn't/don't like any of their music.

That's koo but that's just your opinion just because u don't like someone's music doesn't mean u should deny there skill set.....I'm not taking anything from pac. Even pac admitted his not a technical type of rappers. When u speak on technical rapping we're basically speaking on word play, metphors, similes, punchlines. Joey is cut from that same old school cloth as Joe Budden, crooked I, royce 9, WuTang, Joel Ortiz, Nas, Big L, Biggie, Lupe, Jay electronica where lyrical ability is praised as the end all be all. So for Joey to say he could out bar pac isn't a stretch....for ? to say pac could out bar Joey ud have to place his technical skills on the mic on the same level as some of the guys I just named and ud be lying if u said he could lyrically out bar them cats. Hittem up was a great diss but it was very direct and straight forward it wasn't like Joe Budden disses to Drake where he was dropping punchlines and metphors every other line. An it doesn't mean Hittem up wasn't better but there's a big difference between the two in the way of technical skills on the mic
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Got a couple of lines

FOH

scust...

That's koo but that's just your opinion just because u don't like someone's music doesn't mean u should deny there skill set.....I'm not taking anything from pac. Even pac admitted his not a technical type of rappers. When u speak on technical rapping we're basically speaking on word play, metphors, similes, punchlines. Joey is cut from that same old school cloth as Joe Budden, crooked I, royce 9, WuTang, Joel Ortiz, Nas, Big L, Biggie, Lupe, Jay electronica where lyrical ability is praised as the end all be all. So if u Joey to say he could out bar pac isn't a stretch for ? to say pac could out bar pac ud have to place his technical skills on the mic on the same level as some of the guys I just named and ud be lying if u said he could lyrically out bar them cats. Hittem up was a great diss but it was very direct and straight forward it wasn't like Joe Budden disses to Drake where he was dropping punchlines and metphors every other line. An it doesn't mean Hittem up wasn't better but there's a big difference between the two in the way of technical skills on the mic
    All this, and I never denied his skill set tho...
    Technically, from the little I've heard of dude, he's on point. He can rap.
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right
    Yall gotta be objective most rappersn are and even back then were better then Pac when it came to actual rapping ability Pac schemes and concepts flow delivery stories were on point at times but other then that he was a "LITTLE" above avg.RAPPER IMO
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac did step it up on Makaveli lyrically. Those Jersey boys had him spitting.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    It's funny how you need to be "lyrical" to be a good rapper.

Pac had records were he snapped but Pac's IMPACT on Brenda's Gotta Baby is and will be bigger than anything than Joey puts out.

Let me know when he can put a track like this out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvZX-u4cGg
  • TayGettem
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's right
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    It's funny how you need to be "lyrical" to be a good rapper.

Pac had records were he snapped but Pac's IMPACT on Brenda's Gotta Baby is and will be bigger than anything than Joey puts out.

Let me know when he can put a track like this out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvZX-u4cGg

Once again not denying that but Joey said out bar pac not that he makes better music
    Nobody said u had to be yrical to rap either.
    Hell even the title of the thread is out of context with what Joey actually said he never said he was better just that he could out rap him bar for bar.
    That has nothing to do with pac being overall better
  • Max B Wave God
    Max B Wave God Members Posts: 55
    Options
    2pac got RnB singers to feature and do the hook on 99% of his songs more than any other rapper in history. Hooks were his weakness. So this is why he wasn't a good song writer he couldn't do hooks and got more features for hooks than anybody ever. All he did was rap verses in the song. While the RnB singer featuring did the hook and the producer made the beat for him

His beat selection was also weak his beats were pretty wack didn't bang at all

Yes he had a message but what good is message if it is executed in a very boring and very non engaging way? this is subjective of course but from my perspective his music was boring because he executed the message in a boring way. Having a message is the easiest thing in principle anyone can have a message in their music. What is the key factor is the execution of the message

I don't play any of his albums even his better ones like All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World because they lack replay value to me because I find them and his style boring

However he did make better music than Joey Badass but that's not saying much that is simply and only due to Joey Badass music being so ?
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop rambling and post your ? shadyteam
  • Max B Wave God
    Options
    I forgot to mention 2pac sales a huge % of them increased after his death
  • Max B Wave God
    Options
    For all the message/substance talk a lot of his super fans on the IC mention

2pac's biggest and most successful hit ever was California Love lol. A song where Roger Troutman did the hook, a song that isn't a solo song which Dr Dre featured on, which Dr Dre produced

And this a part song his biggest hit

His highest selling album ever All Eyez On Me is also his least deepest and has the least substance out of his discography
  • TayGettem
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He's right
    2pac got RnB singers to feature and do the hook on 99% of his songs more than any other rapper in history. Hooks were his weakness. So this is why he wasn't a good song writer he couldn't do hooks and got more features for hooks than anybody ever. All he did was rap verses in the song. While the RnB singer featuring did the hook and the producer made the beat for him

His beat selection was also weak his beats were pretty wack didn't bang at all

Yes he had a message but what good is message if it is executed in a very boring and very non engaging way? this is subjective of course but from my perspective his music was boring because he executed the message in a boring way. Having a message is the easiest thing in principle anyone can have a message in their music. What is the key factor is the execution of the message

I don't play any of his albums even his better ones like All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World because they lack replay value to me because I find them and his style boring

However he did make better music than Joey Badass but that's not saying much that is simply and only due to Joey Badass music being so ?

Shut
    I forgot to mention 2pac sales a huge % of them increased after his death

The
    For all the message/substance talk a lot of his super fans on the IC mention

2pac's biggest and most successful hit ever was California Love lol. A song where Roger Troutman did the hook, a song that isn't a solo song which Dr Dre featured on, which Dr Dre produced

And this a part song his biggest hit

His highest selling album ever All Eyez On Me is also his least deepest and has the least substance out of his discography

? up
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    Wen we get rid one ? a next one pops up
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @StoneColdMikey

I know stew don't have the heart
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go & be a mother for once, dead beat
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got too many of this ? accounts on ignore. All she gonna do is make another one
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's trippin
    Pac did step it up on Makaveli lyrically. Those Jersey boys had him spitting.
    Also he was working on that 1Nation with BCC and you could hear the influence of it when he was spitting...