50 Cent Says Jay Z Can't Compare To Eminem

Options
1234568»

Comments

• aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is em better than jay in all or some categories or is it because of what nas said out of spite
  • fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    Options
    Hov's flow on Hovi Baby >>>>> anything Marshmellow ever done.

Marshall Dontreallymatters didn't even ? Hov on Renegade either.

Hov had the 2nd (his 2nd) & 3rd (his 1st) best verses & better bars, including the most memorable line of the jawn w/ the "skim thru it" ? . Em got him on flow, but ask 10 mufukaz to recite an Em verse & I bet most will hit u wit a blank stare followed by "? up out my face, ? ".
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Ok, I'll entertain this BS.

Who bought all those Eminem records? What does an Eminem show look like? Who's shows have fans from all demographics and who's shows have mainly white kids with their parents (like a kiddy pop artists' concert)? Who appeals to a broad demographic and who mainly appeals to white adolescents? Who has set trends in this genre? Let's call a ? a ? . Which rapper has taken anything Eminem did and incorporated into his own sh*t (don't say "Stan" cuz Nas made it a term when he dissed Jigga in Ether" FOH)? Who has crossdressed on several occasions, made corny joints like "Big ? ", "? " etc.?

your saying it's purely because he is white? how come black rappers sell crazy numbers too? why bring up only tacks like ? and big ? ? what trends did jigga set?
    No, because other white rappers aren't selling nearly as much as Eminem. Eminem definately got skills and he has worked hard for getting where he's at. I don't take nothing away from that fact.

He did sell alot more than his black counterparts due to him being white and he himself has owned up to this countless times (peep "White America" that came out 12 years ago). This ain't even up for debate.
    Eminem selling that much is mainly due to black rappers giving him his needed cred (cosign), partially due to his skills and partially because that white demographic could relate to my dude more than they do to these black rappers.

He didn't set that much trends rapwise but 'culturally' he's had some impact IMO. Shawn made n*ggas dress up (switch from throwback jerseys to button ups), made X5's less popular (that "baby mama line"), killed that autotune bullsh*t (can't attribute it solely to "Death of autotune" but he did have a hand in killing that bullsh*t objectively speaking). Jay Z has had impact in the game.
    Eventhough rapwise he didn't do nothing that wasn't done bfore he's had alot of soundalikes coming out a decade ago. Rappers like Sacario, Bathgate etc. and now you got that n*gga that raps with Birdgang. No rapper has come out and bit Eminem's style.
    Goat post
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This weirdo is completely obsessed with Jay-Z.

• anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z, hate em or love em, is just a bigger phenomenon than Em. Em had a solid decade on lock but Jay is still winning by grabbing pop artists and putting them on pop tracks that he puts out for radio. Honestly, it hardly matters since most youngsters don't really check for either Jay or Em these days.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout time he's right
    JayZ>eminem
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    compared to jay em trash nothing has changed since this thread was 1st made
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This weirdo is completely obsessed with Jay-Z.

And Nas
  • qawshun
    Options
    Flag and no sign all you want lol fact still remains
  • qawshun
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Who sold more records? who is the bigger and more popular artist? who transcended beyond hip hop to become a pop icon and pop star? who has the diamond albums? who has the non hip-hop fans some argue majority of his fan base are non hip-hop fans so that is how much he transcended beyond hip-hop, who has more hits? who has won more awards?

Objective facts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opinion

U gonna whine that sales and popularity and all that doesn't matter but these things are actually objective and concrete so when a person says Eminem music is so great that he has sold over 300 million records worldwide and is the 2nd highest male selling artist of all time across all genres in the billboard that is measured by an objective fact

Though I will be the first to admit Jay Z is the better Emcee, better lyricist and actually is rap music as that is what Jigga does he just raps and he amazing at MC-ing what he does. But 50 Cent here was talking about musically, artistically and overall. 50 Cent was also talking about Eminem being much, much more successful

She sum's up my thoughts on Jay Z's music

She sum's up my thoughts on Eminem's music

Em sold more records so. What matters to me is the bars the music, there's not 1 Em lp i play. It's been like 15 + yrs and Em still hasn't made a impact on my ears to warrant comparison to jay.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who sold more records? who is the bigger and more popular artist? who transcended beyond hip hop to become a pop icon and pop star? who has the diamond albums? who has the non hip-hop fans some argue majority of his fan base are non hip-hop fans so that is how much he transcended beyond hip-hop, who has more hits? who has won more awards?

U gonna whine that sales and popularity and all that doesn't matter but these things are actually objective and concrete so when a person says Eminem music is so great that he has sold over 300 million records worldwide and is the 2nd highest male selling artist of all time across all genres in the billboard that is measured by an objective fact

Though I will be the first to admit Jay Z is the better Emcee, better lyricist and actually is rap music as that is what Jigga does he just raps and he amazing at MC-ing what he does. But 50 Cent here was talking about musically, artistically and overall. 50 Cent was also talking about Eminem being much, much more successful

Em sold more records so. What matters to me is the bars the music, there's not 1 Em lp i play. It's been like 15 + yrs and Em still hasn't made a impact on my ears to warrant comparison to jay.

Cant agree with that. His first three album still get play especially The Marshall Mathers LP
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fif only saying that cuz Em put him on. Jay has better music overall .Em is white so of course he's gonna sell records even when he put out wack ? .Em is def one of the best all time tho not taking that away from him . i just can't ride to his music like i can with Jay Z ? . Nas is better than both of them in my opinion.
  • qawshun
    Options

Cant agree with that. His first three album still get play especially The Marshall Mathers LP

Yo NO one i know bump Em ? , there was never a time i pulled up and dudes were playing that new Em. Even the ones that like Em. Lol dog i couldn't even name 10 songs between those 3 albums. What was the 3rd one ? Real question
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Yo NO one i know bump Em ? , there was never a time i pulled up and dudes were playing that new Em. Even the ones that like Em. Lol dog i couldn't even name 10 songs between those 3 albums. What was the 3rd one ? Real question

How many people do you know?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z has more impact on black culture then black churches for ten years...we followed his ways dressed like he dressed he made money are ? when we see jiga we see what we hope to b ...are thoughts was his thoughts...please dont compare the yakub
  • qawshun
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

a lot homie, lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

a lot homie, lol

Thats a big number, I see how you came up with that now.
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Jay is better at the street songs but needs someone else on the hook for his radio records which Eminem don't. That's why em didn't need to do those 2 singles with RiRi and why I don't like those songs