Happy International Womens Day

Options
TheGOAT
TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure I even understand the purpose of the protest.

Well, I understand it........but it doesn't make sense.

The Immigrant day made sense because, due to there being a push to get illegal immigrants out.......they wanted to show what it would be like if they weren't here.

However, I haven't heard anything about there being a movement to push women out.......so it's hard for me to really understand why they're protesting.
  • deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

The Immigrant day made sense because, due to there being a push to get illegal immigrants out.......they wanted to show what it would be like if they weren't here.

However, I haven't heard anything about there being a movement to push women out.......so it's hard for me to really understand why they're protesting.

@desertrain10

Please explain.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about ? girl crime?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@desertrain10

Please explain.

and here comes the ? ..
  • deadeye
    Options
    @Westie

Are you taking part in this?
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    I said same thing to my girl and she said...

They tryn cut funding to Planned Parenthood

Under Obama my girls birth control was free. Republicans tryn make people pay for it.

Plus just the fact Trump is president and the ? grabbin comments & admitting to walking into pagent dressing rooms stuff.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh do you follow current events?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Shoutout to all dem gyal dem
  • TheGOAT
    Options
  • deadeye
    Options

Bruh do you follow current events?

Do you have sufficient reading comprehension skills?
  • deadeye
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Under Obama my girls birth control was free. Republicans tryn make people pay for it.

Plus just the fact Trump is president and the ? grabbin comments & admitting to walking into pagent dressing rooms stuff.

That's what I figured.

Just feelings more than anything.

Don't understand why my tax dollars should be used to pay for somebody else's birth control.

If anything, they need to get at the 51% of white women who voted for Trump despite his comments.

db5bx5gnanxo.gif

They don't wanna talk about that though.

jlt0vha6epe4.gif

nh

lnp3hgtul94e.gif
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I figured.

Don't understand why my tax dollars should be used to pay for somebody else's birth control.

If anything, they need to get at the 51% of white women who voted for Trump despite his comments.

db5bx5gnanxo.gif

jlt0vha6epe4.gif

nh

lnp3hgtul94e.gif

It's also about how women are paid less than men or not considered for top jobs. Women strike to show business will not be able to run to the same level without them.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Your argument about where your tax money should go is short sighted.

They gonna take your tax money anyway so why not let it go to free birth control? If you ever find a woman willin to put up with you and spend your life with... U too will be needing birth control. Also your tax money is already paying all these politicians in DC mught as well go toward something that can help u down the line.

And im a firm supporter of Planned Parenthood. I myself purchused a couple abortions from there in my time.
  • deadeye
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Your argument about where your tax money should go is short sighted.

They gonna take your tax money anyway so why not let it go to free birth control? If you ever find a woman willin to put up with you and spend your life with... U too will be needing birth control. Also your tax money is already paying all these politicians in DC might as well go toward something that can help u down the line.

ghih1fbbejhu.gif

Good point.

If these women have kids they can't support on their own, then..........over time............ more of my tax dollars would be spent on her and her kids than on her birth control

So, it's definitely cheaper to put them on birth control rather than have them create an even larger tax burden by having kids they can't afford.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have this every year, it has nothing to do with that ? president.

Let them ladies cook.... And clean and do laundry...Etc.

Na just playing ladies. Love y'all, well the black ones anyway.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I figured.

db5bx5gnanxo.gif

jlt0vha6epe4.gif

nh

lnp3hgtul94e.gif

Providing affordable and accessible birth control to ALL women would save us all money in the long run, and help prevent unwanted childen from being aborted or birthed and then mistreated.

But keep on with that line of thinking.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sigh

it's international women's day

and many women around the world are still treated like second class citizens

here in america, specifically, many women are going to be negatively impacted by the defunding of planned parenthood.... especially the poor and women of color who depend on planned parenthood for health services, such as cancer screenings, prenatal services, and birth control, they couldn't afford otherwise

a little off topic, but just fyi a significant number of women take birth control for reasons other than the prevention of an unwanted pregnancy...

america is the only advanced economy that doesn't mandate paid sick or paternity/maternity leave for its workers, which disproportionately impacts women...especially women of color

females make up a disproportionate amount of the poor here and around the world

all over the country women's reproductive rights are being stripped away though women have a constitutional right to abortion

but you have no interest in having a real discussion, you just like the attention... I see you
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand this holiday at all and just learned it exists today because of the radio. Now I'm salty that I had to fork up 60 bucks to buy flowers for moms and the grill
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea get this ? outta here
  • deadeye
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

That's what I figured.

db5bx5gnanxo.gif

jlt0vha6epe4.gif

nh

lnp3hgtul94e.gif

Providing affordable and accessible birth control to ALL women would save us all money in the long run, and help prevent unwanted childen from being aborted or birthed and then mistreated.

But keep on with that line of thinking.

@Kat

I agree wholeheartedly Kathryn.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea get this ? outta here

Get that hate out your :heart: b
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I figured.

db5bx5gnanxo.gif

jlt0vha6epe4.gif

nh

lnp3hgtul94e.gif

n2hhlyshn6plinfzehn7.jpg
  • TheGOAT
    Options