Deal with the Devil

Options
SolemnSauce
SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Lets say for argument sake, that most of your life is a little bland. Most of your life brings you little joy but, you have a skill. A skill that when doing it, brings you satisfaction and joy up to the moment you begin and the moment it ends.

You somehow meet the devil and it gives you a deal to consider. Be fulfilled with purpose at all times, but lose your ability to do the skill that gave you moments of purpose and fulfillment in a bland world.

Do you take the deal and why?

Deal with the Devil 9 votes

Yes
11%
fortyacres 1 vote
No
88%
playmaker88CashmoneyDuxTrillfateYoung StefSplackavellionetoughmiracleBlueIceBransongodoffun 8 votes

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We already made a deal with the devil in the Garden of Eden, hence why we all have the knowledge of good and evil.

Sadly the devil continues to deceive humanity into believing in everything but the truth of the gospel.

Thus many will be cursed for all eternity because the deal they made with the devil was never broken by the blood of Jesus Christ because of their refusal to come to Jesus as a reptant sinner.

It was written, therefore it shall be done.

Amen.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Skills to consider if you can't be introspective

Are you good at b ball

Are you good at picking up women

Are you good at hustling

Are you good at art

And these hobbies give you added purpose...now consider losing the ability to do these things. But feeling the way they make you feel, all the time.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    We already made a deal with the devil in the Garden of Eden, hence why we all have the knowledge of good and evil.

Sadly the devil continues to deceive humanity into believing in everything but the truth of the gospel.

Thus many will be cursed for all eternity because the deal they made with the devil was never broken by the blood of Jesus Christ because of their refusal to come to Jesus as a reptant sinner.

Amen.

What deal do u speak of?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Genesis 3 tells us the deal. And we are currently living it out.

? said don't eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or else we will die.

The devil came and said that we won't die, but we will be like ? knowing good and evil.

Eve was deceived and ate, then she gave the fruit to Adam who was next to her and he ate as well.

After that choice was made sin entered into the world, death came because of it, and the grave yard never says enough.

So the deal with the devil was made long ago with our first parents and it subsequently passes down from generation to generation. That is why we all die!

BUT ? !!!!

Hallelujah!

Even though all die in Adam, yet in Jesus Christ shall all be made alive! What the first Adam messed up on the tree, the 2nd Adam came and fixed us up by a tree! Hallelujah! Thus ? has given us the choice to be BORN AGAIN in order to break the deal with the devil that we all have.

And if you are BORN AGAIN you will have forgiveness of sins, everlasting life, peace with ? , an immortal body, a new name, access to the tree of life, and joy forevermore in the new heavens and the new earth where in dwells righteousness. Hallelujah!

Do you know Him?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Amen.

Who is this "we" you speak of?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Amen.

What deal do u speak of?

The deal of being able to do evil. Only ? knew of good and evil, we only knew how to do good. We ate of the "tree" and were then able to lie, steal, cheat, murder, covet, etc and we could only do that when we gained the ability to see ourselves as separate from everything else*(notice our nakedness).... quite a major evolutionary jump of our consciousness.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is was* a necessary evil, just like that ol serpent in the garden and satan in the bible(see Job).
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Amen.

All of us were in Adam when he sinned. That is why we are all born with the same sin nature that he has. Hence why we all die.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe in the devil but assuming it exists, in that fashion, then you would HAVE to believe in the Bible as the absolute truth...

And based on what I know from the Bible, it would be the ultimate backwards hustle to deal with this being in any way.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I don't believe in the devil but assuming it exists, in that fashion, then you would HAVE to believe in the Bible as the absolute truth...

And based on what I know from the Bible, it would be the ultimate backwards hustle to deal with this being in any way.

You are going to have to deal with Him regardless my brother. There is nowhere you can hide to escape from your appointment with Him my friend. Where can you go to hide yourself from His Spirit? Or where can you flee from His presence? If you ascend to heaven, He is there! If you make your bed in Sheol, He is there!

You have a date with Him my friend @Inglewood_B. The only question is how will you be dressed on the day of your meeting with our Creator? Yes that is the question!

Amen.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    But as far as the thread, hell ? no I would not, couldn't word my deal well enough to outwit the devil.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immortal Technique - Dance With the Devil
    DMX - Damien I, Damien II, Damien III
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets say devil aint trying trick me and the deal is what is in o/p.

So I have no purpose in life, and I got one skill that gives me purpose. Devil gonna take that away but im gonna feel purpose all day every day? Why do I care about the skill that gave me temporary purpose if I can feel that purpose with everything I do?

So yea, im taking the deal.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be fulfilled with purpose at all times, but lose your ability to do the skill that gave you moments of purpose and fulfillment in a bland world.

Ummm ill just keep my skill that gives me purpose instead of dealing my skill away for purpose.

Not a hard choice
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This devil sucks at making offers. Could of at least offered immortality or some ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options

Amen.

What deal do u speak of?

The deal of being able to do evil. Only ? knew of good and evil, we only knew how to do good. We ate of the "tree" and were then able to lie, steal, cheat, murder, covet, etc and we could only do that when we gained the ability to see ourselves as separate from everything else*(notice our nakedness).... quite a major evolutionary jump of our consciousness.

That's funny, thats like the OP in reverse
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    This devil sucks at making offers. Could of at least offered immortality or some ? .

Mans main goal in life is purpose, and survival. What's the point of living forever, you lose purpose. And then eventually, you lose ur mind. Death gives us purpose.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

(Bring your lifestyle to me, I'll make it better)
    How long will I live?
    (Eternal life and forever)
    And will I be the G that I was?
    (I'll make your life better than you can imagine or even dreamed of
    So relax your soul, let me take control
    Close your eyes my son)
    My eyes are closed
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes you think our dark overlord wants to make a deal with you?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd take the deal, call up my crew, double cross the devil, knock that ? off.

Set up shop in hell....knock off the old guard...and quadruple the cost of the work.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    In this scenario, he is not trying to fool you. Its a legit trade and then u are left alone.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my best skills is ? ...which i enjoy every moment of.

I think that is my purpose brah...hell if i let Lucifer take ? away from me
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No
    ill never betray my principles to be under someones thumb and/or or personal enrichment.

Clear and Free>>
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Amen.

All of us were in Adam when he sinned. That is why we are all born with the same sin nature that he has. Hence why we all die.

Naw. ? gave us free will to make our own choices and to be judged by them alone. I never made a deal with the devil.