What kind of diss tracks do you prefer ? Subliminal or Direct

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Direct diss (naming names)
    moyo wrote: »
    Submiminals can be cool, i like to dissect lyrics as much as anyone else, but saying a ? name and being straight to the point is more effective to me.

C/S.
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think Ether is the GOAT Rap song ever even tho I love Nas and probably let him marry my girlfriend n my mother I'd say this is also great

Hiding behind 8 Mile and The Chronic
    Gets rich but dies rhyming

& Against all the odds is also up there with the GOAT SONGS ya.. That goes hard PAC went in all on ya fake ? (beside my QB ? )

Also I'd say

No Vasilne is up there..

? Hit em up was dope aswell as a young unmature i always felt claimed to be a playa thats i ? your wife,, was hard.. that was nice.. ? he went hard on fat boy.

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    I think Ether is the GOAT Rap song ever even tho I love Nas and probably let him marry my girlfriend n my mother I'd say this is also great

Hiding behind 8 Mile and The Chronic
    Gets rich but dies rhyming

& Against all the odds is also up there with the GOAT SONGS ya.. That goes hard PAC went in all on ya fake ? (beside my QB ? )

Also I'd say

No Vasilne is up there..

? Hit em up was dope aswell as a young unmature i always felt claimed to be a playa thats i ? your wife,, was hard.. that was nice.. ? he went hard on fat boy.

yo.

• chompollet
    Options
    ? gon hate but Nasir Jones is the GOAT .. He is not the GOAT for selling his soul like Eminem or sell his hood like 50 cent.. He is GOAT because he made poor ? look up to him, be like him, rap like him and flip words like him. HE IS THE GOAT RAPPER .. HIS LYRICST IS perfect aswell MAGNISIUM.. HIS LYRICS SPOKE TO ME HARD.. I know Nas is the goat .. If u dont dont Nas is the GOAT ? YOU and ? everything u stand for..
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just caus they didn't say names don't mean it's subliminal. Some disses are just flat out clear who they about nwa didn't say cube name either on real ? but it's clear it's about cube
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @supergangster ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "mystikal youz a hoe, mystikal youz a hoe"

yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=843Nu5uJ3YM
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say my name ? , and Ima come to your houuuuussse.

Be direct and gone head and say the ? name you dissing.
  • chompollet
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I hate fake people who talk behind bak.. I confront them.. At my job this fake grandmas ttalkin bout me behind my neck.. The kids in the school snitch on em that they talk about me.. I go and confront and guess what they fire me.. ? this ppl I hate em.. Now im back here

NAS IS THE GOAT

Prodigy is top 3

Mobb deep the greatest duo ever

Havoc is a top 5 producer
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it doesnt matter. even with subliminal disses its easy to see who the artist is talking about
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to add on, "Destiny lays in my hands" isn't a subliminal.

Ya'll are reaching with that.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ? that passive-aggressive ? . You got an issue with someone in hip-hop....put that ? in a rap with THEIR name on it.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    It's like when ? make subliminal records
    If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Subliminals (sneak dissing)
    ya'll dont ? get it ,it has nothing to do with being scared or in any way relate to the personality of the one who is doing it ...ITS A SPORT ,when you are an MC you have to be able to send subliminal jabs its part of the sport and when its time you should also be able to be full on and direct and say names too!

say what you want but Is That Yo ? is a classic diss song ,That ? must cut Nas deep as hell lol because he knew Jay was ? his baby moms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQC-Z3S8NbY

and the fact that it was subliminal he was able to be even more disrespectful hahaha ,that ? is a rap chess move, nothing about it is weak if you understand what being an Mc is all about !
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    ya'll dont ? get it ,it has nothing to do with being scared or in any way relate to the personality of the one who is doing it ...ITS A SPORT ,when you are an MC you have to be able to send subliminal jabs its part of the sport and when its time you should also be able to be full on and direct and say names too!

say what you want but Is That Yo ? is a classic diss song ,That ? must cut Nas deep as hell lol because he knew Jay was ? his baby moms

and the fact that it was subliminal he was able to be even more disrespectful hahaha ,that ? is a rap chess move, nothing about it is weak if you understand what being an Mc is all about !

eh.

i love the song but i never look at it as a nas diss even when i knew about the whole carmen/jay situation.

jay coulda been talkin about any dudes chick. the shoe just so happen to fit on the nas ? .

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i cant speak for nobody else but i've never been confused on the matter....ima always drop a joke here when i see fit tho

but yeah this ? is like a cold cross over with the pull up, as opposed to the drive, get big, and 1

some people like finesse, some like theatrics

the whole point of a question and a poll is to have two sides.....none is right or wrong
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Direct>>>>>>>>>

Sublims are cool because it is fun finding them out, but Direct to the point disses are my preference. Let us know why your upset rapper people.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this ? right here was so disrespectful

Yeah but you own this message board and I don't see a "Is That Your Chick" button.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from the West Coast...
    what u think??!

u go know we talking to yo ass! lol
  • CapitalB
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Kurupt Callin Out Names
    https://youtu.be/HksJCN5YPSc

Pac Against All Odds
    https://youtu.be/OUxQFlaIiSk

was commin to post Kurrupt ? ! lol

"I don't give a ? !
    catch me in the hood all blue chucks gang banged the ? out cuh!"
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Just caus they didn't say names don't mean it's subliminal. Some disses are just flat out clear who they about nwa didn't say cube name either on real ? but it's clear it's about cube

if its clear who they talking to then its not a sub..
    I take sub as u say some ? but u leave it open so u can always backtrack if need be..

or jus flat out deny u talking about said person knowin damn well u are..

thats some hoe ? to me..
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What was dope about Jay was that he was direct on Takeover and Super ugly but he send subliminals at Nas on a few other songs..