The Kalief Browder Story: SPIKE TV Docu-Series Premiers Tonight at 10

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow kalif had heart. and that lil ? could really fight especially being only 5'5. During that hallway brawl, he knocked that one dude out cold in a single punch!
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow kalif had heart. and that lil ? could really fight especially being only 5'5. During that hallway brawl, he knocked that one dude out cold in a single punch!

He did sucker punch him though...

giphy.gif[img][/img]
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, on the real, when I HEARD about the story, I figured he was a square, a good kid, school ? , just got caught in a ? up situation...watchin the doc, he's the total opposite, ? was about that ? ...bein in a gang, aint no hoe ass ? , foster kid, street ? ...just still caught up in a ? up situation..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk man this the type ofshit that d make me track all involved....on some ? Bill ? if this was my son or relative
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk man this the type ofshit that d make me track all involved....on some ? Bill ? if this was my son or relative

The saddest part of it all is, despite everything he went through.........he still had a chance for a new beginning, but he ended up taking his own life instead.

That's the part that doesn't make sense.

In the clips they showed of him after he had been released, he didn't give off the vibe of somebody who would wanna ? himself.

Instead, he came across as somebody who was just trying to move on with his life more than anything.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

The saddest part of it all is, despite everything he went through.........he still had a chance for a new beginning, but he ended up taking his own life instead.

In the clips they showed of him after he had been released, he didn't give off the vibe of somebody who would wanna ? himself.

Instead, he came across as somebody who was just trying to move on with his life more than anything.

Mental health issues are real .. the trauma he went thru caused his suicide
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

man you dont know what someone is going through deep down.....like homie who was part of the Central Park five said like up to 8 months after release, he was still taking showers with his drawers on....
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    Anyone got a link?

It comes on BET every Wednesday night at 11pm.

What that has to do with getting a link?

People usually only want links for shows that come on premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.

BET is on basic cable, so...........

1lzhd9yhmpbv.gif

Guess I just assumed ? had basic cable.

Lmao! I don't watch tv enough to have cable. As long as I got the internets I'm good. And a brotha found a link so
    raw
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    damn that rikers island ? is too depressing
  • aneed123
    Options
    Crackers so evil. The ? they did to his brother SMH
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That family went through hell..
    thats a lot of hurt to carry
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched part 2 last night.

Love the fact that young ? through it all NEVER broke weak and "got with the program".

Stood tall by himself everyday.

IMO them other ? just showed how weak they was in them interviews cause they always had to jump him.

? got called out started losing a fair fight your folks jumped in to save you and he got the nerve to be talking on this interview like he some type of certified ? . That ? is crazy

I want to watch the rest of it but I have my own opinion on why he killed himself. Want to finish the whole series to see if I'm right.
  • aneed123
    Options
    they ruined that mans family thru 2 decades.... He died Hid brothers life was ruined and then his mom died all over lies
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeh idk if I can stomach finishing the series up. They put that young man through absolute hell.
    Rikers needs to be shut down
  • deadeye
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeh idk if I can stomach finishing the series up. They put that young man through absolute hell.
    Rikers needs to be shut down

It's not just Rikers........it's the system.

Dude gets arrested for stealing somebody's backpack a week after the alleged crime already happened.

The witness ("victim") heads back to Mexico.

The DA/Prosecutor's office delays his trial multiple times claiming they need more time to prepare, but knowing full well they don't have a case because they've lost contact with the witness.

On top of all that, despite how weak their case is against him.........they still constantly try to pressure him to accept a plea deal.

I understand the public defender is the worst kind of representation you can have, but how bad of a lawyer do you have to be to not ask for the case to be dismissed just based on how many times they case was postponed because the DA's office claimed they............."weren't prepared?"

Maybe I watch too much Law & Order and don't completely understand the system.........but it doesn't seem like it would have taken that much effort for the public defender to get the charges against him dismissed.

"A corrupt, vicious, and hypocritical system." -Malcolm X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNfAFfu6VD0
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    Anyone got a link?

It comes on BET every Wednesday night at 11pm.

What that has to do with getting a link?

People usually only want links for shows that come on premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.

BET is on basic cable, so...........

1lzhd9yhmpbv.gif

Guess I just assumed ? had basic cable.

every cable company aint got bet
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate ? like this...

Mexican and a system ruined lives.

but i think we shouldnt focus too much of hhim being real...he was what he had to be in his environment. him having the issues he had tells me he didn't want to be like that or treated like that. while he did show any signs...again, he couldn't because of his environment.

things are never as surface as they appear.. we are all more complex than what we may need to show.

these are kind of kids i want to help.

this young man didn't have a break. no black child should have to live like that.
  • D. Morgan
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The other day I felt even more disgust with this whole situation and the total disrespect still being shown to Kalief Browder and his family.

I'm watching TV the other day and I see a commercial for that 3 panel judge show Hot Bench and see that ? Patricia Dimango is one of the judges. That ? was one of the main judges to keep allowing the state to keep postponing Kalief trial.

Now this ? is actually on tv still getting paid. The fact that after all this these ? people have the audacity to give this ? a higher paying tv job after what she did to that man's life is just way too ? up.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Love the fact that young ? through it all NEVER broke weak and "got with the program".

IMO them other ? just showed how weak they was in them interviews cause they always had to jump him.

? got called out started losing a fair fight your folks jumped in to save you and he got the nerve to be talking on this interview like he some type of certified ? . That ? is crazy

I want to watch the rest of it but I have my own opinion on why he killed himself. Want to finish the whole series to see if I'm right.

why u think he killed himself?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    The hurt he had to deal with throughout his live is unfathomable this is anger and rage/ inducing
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I wanted to wait until I watch all 6 episodes before I said why.

I think he did it because he felt a rage inside of himself and he was going to hurt somebody and that person probably wouldn't have been anybody who subjected him to that torture and he didn't want to go back on that island for doing it.

Also IMO he felt like he didn't have any control over his life after what he was subjected to and didn't want to keep feeling that way. He felt like those people could do anything they wanted to him whenever they felt like it and it was nothing he could do about it and no matter who he told about it basically it was nothing they could do as well. So that gave him a feeling of still being locked up so even though he was out on the street in his mind he still was never going to actually be FREE.
  • deadeye
    Options

I think he did it because he felt a rage inside of himself and he was going to hurt somebody and that person probably wouldn't have been anybody who subjected him to that torture and he didn't want to go back on that island for doing it.

Also IMO he felt like he didn't have any control over his life after what he was subjected to and didn't want to keep feeling that way. He felt like those people could do anything they wanted to him whenever they felt like it and it was nothing he could do about it and no matter who he told about it basically it was nothing they could do as well. So that gave him a feeling of still being locked up so even though he was out on the street in his mind he still was never going to actually be FREE.

Good theory.

Sad, but it makes sense considering everything he went through.
  • D. Morgan
    edited April 2017
    Options

Good theory.

Sad, but it makes sense considering everything he went through.

Hearing what episode 5 was about is the reason I wanted to wait because its basically a totality of ? that caused him to ? himself and all of it didn't have to do with being on the inside.

I haven't watched episode 5 but hearing him complain about all the media attention and interviews.

He had to feel like where the ? where all of yall for three years while I was going through hell? Why didn't yall fight for me then and make a big deal about it then like yall are now?

? like that just added to his frustration IMO.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at ? in the neighborhood thinking he got money and robbing him
  • playmaker88
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Smh at ? in the neighborhood thinking he got money and robbing him

? man that ? is just overwhelmingly sad just too ? much to deal with, a good kid that never got to be a kid or grow into his manhood.