The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Logan. Dope movie. Damn shame @ the end. Smh
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congratz to Zazie! She is sexy as all hell to me. Except her armpit hair, that can gtfoh.

I was excited for Monae to play domino but i got no qualms with Zazie getting the role.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Logan was pretty damn good and unexpectedly funny at times...the Caliban I K we from X force won't no puny dude though..

The Caliban here never got augmented by Apocalypse
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Country For Old X-Men.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Country For Old X-Men.

#bars
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie was very violent. Its a good movie.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie wasn't as good as people made it out to be but I enjoyed it. The action was good but got repetitive very quickly. Best parts was Stewart and the little girl. Honestly have no idea what the plan is for X-men after this. There was really no plan from the beginning but they should just reboot at this point. 7/10
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They alreadt rebooted. That was pretty much the point of DoFP to solidify the First Class timeline as the new continuity. If anything the X-Men movies now have more freedom than ever to do whatever they want narratively. Hence ? like Deadpool and Logan.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its like what happened to Star Trek. Old Trek is still the base but is just now a parralel timeline to the one the current movies focus on.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was wack AF. I appreciated the R rating so you got some extra violence and cursing but overall weak storyline and terrible ending
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would be cool if they started an X-Men 2099 even though that's only 70 years after Logan takes place
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    This was so much better than Old Man Logan

I bet all those ? calling it boring love Micheal Bay Transformers and hate reading books.

Soon as I finished the movie I'm like dam old Man Logan wouldn't of only struck half the notes this movie did would it of had a better "cool" factor yes would it of been a better movie no

This movie is classic imo I've been watching X-Men all my life so yeah I have a strong connection to these characters and I also watch the movie differently because there struggle is based on ours

I have 0 complaints in this movie other than that x-24 savagery could of been turnt up a few notches to show how real prime Logan was
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn good. Loved it.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Deadpool 2: Janelle Monae Rumored To Be Frontrunner For Domino

It looks like there’s a new leader in the casting search for Deadpool 2’s Domino. The names of many actresses have been mentioned in conjunction with the search for Domino, the mutant with probability controlling powers usually described as “good luck.” MacKenzie Davis was among the first, but Scandal star Kerry Washington was the latest actress considered to be leading the casting race.

That seems to no longer be the case. Singer/songwriter turned actress Janelle Monáe is now rumored to be the frontrunner to play Domino in Deadpool 2, according to a report from That Hashtag Show. Monáe’s first two acting roles were in Hidden Figures, which was nominated for Best Picture by the Academy Awards, and Moonlight, which won the same award.

As That Hashtag Show notes, there has been no official casting made as of yet. Monáe may be the frontrunner, but that does not confirm that she has the job.

Domino, whose real name is Neena Thurman, is a mutant mercenary and early ally and love interest of Cable, who will also make his on-screen debut in Deadpool 2. Domino was an early member of X-Force, which also has a movie in the works to follow Deadpool 2.

Another interesting note is that through the first year or more of the original X-Force run the mutant shapeshifter known as Copycat impersonated Domino. Copycat is the character that inspired Vanessa, the character played by Morena Baccarin in the first Deadpool movie. Deadpool did not establish that Vanessa is a mutant, and so there’s no way of knowing if that particular plot point will be referenced in Deadpool 2.

Domino is just one high-profile Deadpool 2 casting announcement still outstanding. Cable is another, and now some are speculating that Cable’s daughter, Hope Summers, could be a third. Considering Deadpool 2 is the fourth most anticipated upcoming comic book movie among ComicBook.com readers, with a 4.27 out of 5 ComicBook User Anticipation Rating, it is safe to say that fans are waiting anxiously for these reveals. Let us know how you're looking forward to Deadpool 2 by giving it an anticipation rating below.

Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, Deadpool tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

Deadpool stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein, T.J. Miller, Gina Carano, Leslie Uggams, Brianna Hildebrand, and Stefan Kapičić.

The Deadpool movie's sequel is currently in pre-production. Reynolds will return with writer Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese. David Leitch will direct. The film will introduce Deadpool's time-traveling mutant partner, Cable, as well as X-Force member Domino. Members of the original film's supporting cast are also expected to return.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/03/08/deadpool-2-domino-janelle-monae/

Pathetic
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    In both timelines pretty crazy xmen/mutants are no more in the future. Goes back to what beast said in DOFP. How certain ? are just meant to happen
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Now that the franchise is 10 movies deep how would you guys rank them?

Xmen days of future
    2.. Xmen united
    3. Logan
    5. Deadpool
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Enjoyed this movie. SMH @ me not realizing Pierce was played by the guy from Narcos

tumblr_omqc1ckx2j1rsrbguo1_500.gif
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young Jack or Young Clint Would've Made Ill Wolverines

jack-nicholson-gif-9.gif

tumblr_o4n7nhPv531s2wio8o1_500.gif

Burt Reynolds Too (Deliverance Era #Pause #NoNedBeatty

14534-4769.jpg
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that the franchise is 10 movies deep how would you guys rank them?

1.X2 United
    2.Deadpool
    3.Logan
    4.X-Men First Class
    5.DOFP
    6.The Wolverine
    7.X-Men
    8.X-Men Apocalypse
    9.Wolverine Origins
    10. X3 Last Stand
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadpool
    Logan
    DOFP
    First Class
    X2
    The Wolverine
    Xmen
    Apocalypse
    Wolverine Origins
    X3
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Young Jack or Young Clint Would've Made Ill Wolverines

jack-nicholson-gif-9.gif

tumblr_o4n7nhPv531s2wio8o1_500.gif

Burt Reynolds Too (Deliverance Era #Pause #NoNedBeatty

14534-4769.jpg

no more tall actors for wolverine gotdammit!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Tired of all the time jumping. They need some better organization skills

That's part of X-Men comics. One of the superhero franchises with the most time travel and time jumping (prequels and epilogues) is X-Men. Only makes sense that the movies eventually got there too.

I guess that explains why havoc is 20 yrs older than his older brother cyclops. :/

Thier fathers a ? space pirate.

Dont know what that has to do with anything just wanted to add that

I knew that but knowing fox and brian singer they would have made corsair a fight attendant.