Was Big Pun deeper in the streets than 50 Cent?

Options
chompollet
chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
Big pun said

And to the 50 Cent rapper, very funny, get your nut off
Cause in real life, you don't know
I'll blow your ? head off (ooh yeah)

That's my ? word, you understand?
Thought we was a ? joke? ?
Terror Squad ? , you don't know me
You don't know my name, don't say it, you understand?
Told you before I ain't no ? rapper understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGO9Wf_-8c

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Excerpts from an old dude from Southside on another site

Anyone from the area can vouch for 50 being the young boy on the streets who f***** it up. Every area has that one old guy whose the emperor, but they also got that young ***** that has the area shook. That was 50...bang bang(bang em) and all them ***** were right on his tails with him at all times as well. 50 Looked up to preme...Hell we all did, he was our idol. He was our personal scarface...Hell when youre young? preme/prince stories were our bedtime scary stories lol.(Specially when u hear the gunshots trying to sleep).

Ja was never big like that. I met Ja in 93/94 and he was passing out sample tapes of his joints. nobody respected his s***. He as just another mc in the crowd....Like dudes on soundclick...its 5493049304930 of em!
    50's wack....I never really liked dude...Everyone back home knows Curtis was a thief...And I mean like if u had your tecmo bowl cartridge on your dresser? Dude would snatch it. He was a low life type *****. Worst in our area. But the way these magazines, books, and Murder inc make him out to be? Is MOstly false. And Ghetto Qu'Ran was a banger. Who remembers the version of Ghetto Qu'Ran that had Preme actually ON The intro saying "This is Our History, This is Our Qu'Ran" before the beat dropped...Thats real queens s***. ***** didnt look at that song as a "Snitch Track" We Looked at that song as our history book. He captured ALL OF OUR Heros in one 4 minute song. We Loved that song, EVERYONE Did. Their was no backlash. Bang Em Smurf Didnt start hating until 50 chose Banks as his boy wonder. Bang Em had promised ? the #2 spot in G Unit and 50 wanted his Young boy their. THATS the truth.

Lloyd Banks is a nobody who 50 basically gave a HELL OF A F****** CHANCE TO. Cause no 1 in queens cared for dude. Hell his brother was the one who had a little buzz back home. No 1 cared for him.

He also goes on to say 50 got shot cuz he was hanging around e-money bags. And not because of his antics.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Pun was a monster.Case closed.50 was not deep in the streets like Pun.Pun had ? shook with no guns just his present.People usto say nobody questioned Pun.Ever.50 got beat up shot at robbed all kinds of ? .By the way 50 got his buzz because aftermath was behind him(Dr.Dre,Eminem,Ivine etc)
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Pun was a monster.Case closed.50 was not deep in the streets like Pun.Pun had ? shook with no guns just his present.People usto say nobody questioned Pun.Ever.50 got beat up shot at robbed all kinds of ? .By the way 50 got his buzz because aftermath was behind him(Dr.Dre,Eminem,Ivine etc)

He got his buzz behind hustling these mixtapes ! You sound stupid or young. And clearly you either deaf dumb or blind not to think 50 didn't have a squad and put work in heavy
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicos who bang usually abt it
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He got his buzz behind hustling these mixtapes ! You sound stupid or young. And clearly you either deaf dumb or blind not to think 50 didn't have a squad and put work in heavy

When he put out the mixtapes he was already under aftermath.I know this because I had his mixtapes and first cd.Power of the dollar.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 never pistol whipped his wife so yea..
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/KLiZyr7m8K4

This story about him and whoo kidd was hysterical lls
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soooo..

here i come with my analyst of this.

Pun ....backed up with terror squad and the kings who was probably also kings.....

compared to a ? with a local crew and survived fukking with a top heavywieght(preme).

are you ? serious?

but ill leave it like this.....as deep as pun was.....where he at now? street dont mean ? when ya health aint ? .

and where 50 at now? shows, water, nascar,

perspective people..its not a bad thing

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone from the area can vouch for 50 being the young boy on the streets who f***** it up. Every area has that one old guy whose the emperor, but they also got that young ***** that has the area shook. That was 50...bang bang(bang em) and all them ***** were right on his tails with him at all times as well. 50 Looked up to preme...Hell we all did, he was our idol. He was our personal scarface...Hell when youre young? preme/prince stories were our bedtime scary stories lol.(Specially when u hear the gunshots trying to sleep).

Ja was never big like that. I met Ja in 93/94 and he was passing out sample tapes of his joints. nobody respected his s***. He as just another mc in the crowd....Like dudes on soundclick...its 5493049304930 of em!
    50's wack....I never really liked dude...Everyone back home knows Curtis was a thief...And I mean like if u had your tecmo bowl cartridge on your dresser? Dude would snatch it. He was a low life type *****. Worst in our area. But the way these magazines, books, and Murder inc make him out to be? Is MOstly false. And Ghetto Qu'Ran was a banger. Who remembers the version of Ghetto Qu'Ran that had Preme actually ON The intro saying "This is Our History, This is Our Qu'Ran" before the beat dropped...Thats real queens s***. ***** didnt look at that song as a "Snitch Track" We Looked at that song as our history book. He captured ALL OF OUR Heros in one 4 minute song. We Loved that song, EVERYONE Did. Their was no backlash. Bang Em Smurf Didnt start hating until 50 chose Banks as his boy wonder. Bang Em had promised ? the #2 spot in G Unit and 50 wanted his Young boy their. THATS the truth.

Lloyd Banks is a nobody who 50 basically gave a HELL OF A F****** CHANCE TO. Cause no 1 in queens cared for dude. Hell his brother was the one who had a little buzz back home. No 1 cared for him.

He also goes on to say 50 got shot cuz he was hanging around e-money bags. And not because of his antics.

I was under the impression that folks connected to the supreme team shot 50
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    soooo..

Pun ....backed up with terror squad and the kings who was probably also kings.....

compared to a ? with a local crew and survived fukking with a top heavywieght(preme).

are you ? serious?

but ill leave it like this.....as deep as pun was.....where he at now? street dont mean ? when ya health aint ? .

You always left field with your ? bro. You act like Pun doing life in sing sing or some ? lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

They did. E-money bags shot preme and black just and killed just.

So they pretty much put a hit out on money bags. And 50 was running with him around that time. So it's basically we ? all your associates.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What? Obviously you got put on 50 late, aftermath n shady reached out to 50 bc of the buzz he built w the mixtapes. Even before getting shot 50 had a buzz within the hip hop community, mostly bc of "How to rob" n "life on the line" . Dre n em helped him sell records though, don't think 50 sells 10 million copies of anything w/o that interscope machine. As far as the street ? i heard pun was a Latin king n 50 rolled or was associated w the supreme team n was in the streets..thats the extent of my knowledge on that
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    ? , not even 50s enemies can say he was a wanksta.

That's a way to tell if someone really bout that life, if people that don't really ? w them vouch for them...how can u argue that
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terror Squad was really about it in the 90s in the Bronx.

Big pun was running around The Bronx with them choppers he was not the one ? with. RIP
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

The story seems to change depending on who you talk to. In 50' s first book..correct me if I'm wrong but he said some old ? got in a fight n he was clowning one of them for gettin his ass whooped. I guess that somehow led to him getting shot. If you go by what murder inc associates say..50 got hit bc preme was ? w them n 50 was basically attacking his business/ source of income "ja rule/murder inc". These ? come from the streets going after murder inc was similar to trying to take over the block they hustle on.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soooo..

are you ? serious?

You always left field with your ? bro. You act like Pun doing life in sing sing or some ? lol

i just see things in a different realm of reality
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z personally knows pun was about that life