Sir ? Charles Barkley: "A lot of Black People are Full of ? ."…

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some black people are full of ? with him being at the front of the line.

Minister-Louis-Farrakhan.jpg

I agree
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Ok ....

Barkley is free to have his opinion. But the real ? is this idea he is this purveyor of truth who is being punished by many of the very ppl he is trying to help. Then he goes on to act like he does not want a pat on his back for his donations to HBCUs and then proceeds to pat himself on back

Ppl question his blkness, or allegiances rather, not because they don't like that he "keeps it real". Its in response to when he makes comments like: “The notion that white cops are out there killing Black people is ridiculous. It’s flat-out ridiculous. I challenge any Black person to make that point. Cops are absolutely awesome. They’re the only thing in the ghetto (separating this place) from this place being the Wild, Wild West.” Or when he defends the actions of the officer who killed Eric Garner as being justified

What is even more damning is when he disparages or dismisses the likes of the BLM movement or police detractors, he does so without acknowledging that they do raise valid concerns

I really don't take much he says seriously. This is the same man when asked if he would ever play again for the 76ers, said, "I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the ? ." But if this isnt the biggest case of a kettle calling the ? black
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Idc how much Barkley does for black people behind the scenes, he says too much ? publicly that Fox News and other white supremacists tend to agree with and echo... he does it intentionally

I don't think that's true.

Why?

Unfortunately there are many ppl who tend to share the same sentiments or are at least predisposed to

And he's said that he's wanted to pursue a political career. Think he ran for a senate seat in Alabama before

Wouldn't be surprised if he was intentionally trying to position himself to do so or just garner the support of a certain constituency

I mean who knows

But its plausible

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    No probs wit what he said, and i dont even like that ? , some of yall ? on here are against everything said against blacks even if the ? real talk, and thats wack, im pro black as ? but im also realistic as ? , of course all races are full of ? but u cant ? on charles cause he didnt say that everybody was or watever,wasnt bout other races he was bein asked bout blacks, some of yall ? love reachin

but how you know he aint call the news on himself? man just because you put lipstick on a pig.......and why give to auburn? oh its his alma mater but why the ? did he go there if he felt so strong about hbcu's? hahahaha. he never gave a ? about them hbcu's. hes just trying to save face. sort of like getting a life insurance. just incase of ? .

You reaching hard as ? with this post

tell me how pleighboi? he can ? it up real hard but since he "made" contributions to hbcu's hes all good in your book. youre they type that was like hilary is cool because she kept hot sauce in her purse. or you was probably those ones that said clinton was the first black pres because he played the sax. got some head, or smoked weed but didnt inhale. or better yet was all on obamas ? all the while not understanding that he wasnt an african american like you. smmfh. ? ? . you need to be shot

You're making up a bunch of ? nobody is saying or even hinting at meanwhile making posts that expose your own insecurities. You got issues you need to deal with.

this just his area.....

hes trying to prove something by using examples, when he doesnt know how the example he is using came to be.

follow that ? and we all would still be on the plantation

on the plantation? ? you would rather for the one percent of blacks to live like whites and the rest of us in the poor working class. both of yall never loved blacks. and hugging the block? ha. ? i dont own none of those blocks so why do i car. and tulsa? well i highly doubt any of those blacks ? with white people to get their blocks going. so is it wrong that theyre holding down their "blocks"? how did they think outside the box? the only way i can see it, is by ? with strictly their own people and then branching off.....but you want blacks to be white and deal with whites and say ? blacks as a whole. i get you.....you want to be white.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes in here hurt
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idc how much Barkley does for black people behind the scenes, he says too much ? publicly that Fox News and other white supremacists tend to agree with and echo... he does it intentionally

I don't think that's true. He doesn't say the ? that he does because he wants to give FOX News fodder to use against blacks. However, he is irresponsible and stubborn and refuses to understand that's exactly what he's doing.
    Lolz. U REALLY dont think Barkley knows what hes doing???
    BarkleySIcover.jpg?token=bPB7LLpcwESMBpR0uJTtHhjmqco%3D

So ya'll are cool when people like Lebron compare professional athletics to slavery every time they don't get what they want, but SI symbolizing Charles talking freely and unrestrained by using the imagery of a slave breaking his chains is too much?
    Lebron? This ? just completely changed the subject lol.

U previously stated Barkley didnt know what he was doing when speaking on race. But its CLEAR as day this ? is a willful ? much like Lil Wayne, Kanye, Ray Lewis, RZA & the other ? you defend. U still think he aint know what he was doing wearing chains on that cover?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Interviewer: Some Black people said you're not from the streets.

Interviewee: A lot of Black people are uneducated.

Some of yall MFs: Well, it's true.

----

Some of y'all really ain't ? (in the "Black unity" sense) and are quick to ? on your people in a heartbeat.

When it comes to saying some negative ? about us that can interchangeably be said about ANY race, ask yourself why they want you to be the one to say it, or why it needs to be said in the first place.

Some cops are racist psychopaths. Do you hear the pig leaders saying "A lot of cops are racist psychopaths." ?

Some republicans are going along with Trump and don't agree with him. Do you hear the republican leaders saying "A lot of republicans are cowards." ?

I wouldn't trust some of y'all MFs to go to the store for chocolate milk let alone be about some Black unity ? .

But isn't the same thing you're complaining about...ahh ? it lol
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Interviewer: Some Black people said you're not from the streets.

Interviewee: A lot of Black people are uneducated.

Some of yall MFs: Well, it's true.

----

Some of y'all really ain't ? (in the "Black unity" sense) and are quick to ? on your people in a heartbeat.

When it comes to saying some negative ? about us that can interchangeably be said about ANY race, ask yourself why they want you to be the one to say it, or why it needs to be said in the first place.

Some cops are racist psychopaths. Do you hear the pig leaders saying "A lot of cops are racist psychopaths." ?

Some republicans are going along with Trump and don't agree with him. Do you hear the republican leaders saying "A lot of republicans are cowards." ?

I wouldn't trust some of y'all MFs to go to the store for chocolate milk let alone be about some Black unity ? .

But isn't the same thing you're complaining about...ahh ? it lol

What you mean ?
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options
    My problem with Barkley and it has always been my problem is that he is never consistent and goes back and forth on his views. Whether it's politics, social issues, predicting who will win a game or championship, or chasing a ring. He alwys says one thing and then changes his opinion and pretend like no one will notice. He is such a hypocrite at so many things that I will never embrace that guy.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Ok ....

Barkley is free to have his opinion. But the real ? is this idea he is this purveyor of truth who is being punished by many of the very ppl he is trying to help. Then he goes on to act like he does not want a pat on his back for his donations to HBCUs and then proceeds to pat himself on back

Ppl question his blkness, or allegiances rather, not because they don't like that he "keeps it real". Its in response to when he makes comments like: “The notion that white cops are out there killing Black people is ridiculous. It’s flat-out ridiculous. I challenge any Black person to make that point. Cops are absolutely awesome. They’re the only thing in the ghetto (separating this place) from this place being the Wild, Wild West.” Or when he defends the actions of the officer who killed Eric Garner as being justified

What is even more damning is when he disparages or dismisses the likes of the BLM movement or police detractors, he does so without acknowledging that they do raise valid concerns

I really don't take much he says seriously. This is the same man when asked if he would ever play again for the 76ers, said, "I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the ? ." But if this isnt the biggest case of a kettle calling the ? black

@The Lonious Monk this is the man u defend?

I guess that quote is no different than when lebron said he's choosing miami huh?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Dudes in here hurt

Yeah he roasted those who fit the shoe pretty good. Got em going in here I see. But he was simple and to the point and what he said, in this instance, is undeniable. I havent seen any post that disproves what he actually said. Its just people who dont like him giving reasons why. I think another thing that may hurt is the fact he actually did things financially. While they have done nothing (in many cases) but whine and complain and whatnot. Getting that mirror put up to them and hthe truth of that. It is what it is.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Like Willie D said...
    Listen up Charles Barkley
    You light skin but they still calling you a darky.
    The only reason that they put the mic in your face
    Is so you can do they dirt and talk down on your race...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd7YDAKlCo8
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? reunion

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    No probs wit what he said, and i dont even like that ? , some of yall ? on here are against everything said against blacks even if the ? real talk, and thats wack, im pro black as ? but im also realistic as ? , of course all races are full of ? but u cant ? on charles cause he didnt say that everybody was or watever,wasnt bout other races he was bein asked bout blacks, some of yall ? love reachin

but how you know he aint call the news on himself? man just because you put lipstick on a pig.......and why give to auburn? oh its his alma mater but why the ? did he go there if he felt so strong about hbcu's? hahahaha. he never gave a ? about them hbcu's. hes just trying to save face. sort of like getting a life insurance. just incase of ? .

You reaching hard as ? with this post

tell me how pleighboi? he can ? it up real hard but since he "made" contributions to hbcu's hes all good in your book. youre they type that was like hilary is cool because she kept hot sauce in her purse. or you was probably those ones that said clinton was the first black pres because he played the sax. got some head, or smoked weed but didnt inhale. or better yet was all on obamas ? all the while not understanding that he wasnt an african american like you. smmfh. ? ? . you need to be shot

You're making up a bunch of ? nobody is saying or even hinting at meanwhile making posts that expose your own insecurities. You got issues you need to deal with.

this just his area.....

hes trying to prove something by using examples, when he doesnt know how the example he is using came to be.

follow that ? and we all would still be on the plantation

on the plantation? ? you would rather for the one percent of blacks to live like whites and the rest of us in the poor working class. both of yall never loved blacks. and hugging the block? ha. ? i dont own none of those blocks so why do i car. and tulsa? well i highly doubt any of those blacks ? with white people to get their blocks going. so is it wrong that theyre holding down their "blocks"? how did they think outside the box? the only way i can see it, is by ? with strictly their own people and then branching off.....but you want blacks to be white and deal with whites and say ? blacks as a whole. i get you.....you want to be white.

everyone see the bolded?

yall see it...this is what he said...

where did the people in tulsa get their supplies from, genius?

the had planes and an airport.....where they get the planes? how they know how to build an airport?

where they get there movie projectors? their groceries were not all locally grown...

so again ya ? ....at some point you need to step out of the only black ? to deal with white people to bring back to black and then circle the wagons and protect.

this is how you know you aint got ? and will never have ? ....

an you are right ...you dont own the blocks.....why is that?

you love for say someone wants to be white......you are truly a ? . like a ? as superhero with DA on ya chest.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Lol at giving ? the benefit of the doubt.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a disingenuous analogy. Athletes stating Inconvenient Truths about owners acting like Plantation slave masters is not the same thing as Charles Barkley dressing up as a ? slave on the cover of SI. Thats a lasting image and a disgrace, there's no comparison

Professional athletes are not slaves under any set of circumstances. What they go through is no different than what a lot of working class people go through and honestly people in Lebron's position have a lot more freedom than the average person. That man knows he's never going to be in a position where he's not good. A lot of the people in this country are in a position where their bosses truly have power over them because if they lose their jobs for any reason, right or wrong, they are ? . Lebron invoked the slavery rhetoric for one reason and one reason only. He was about to pull that ? with Miami and he knew there would be a lot of criticism, so he wanted to deflect some of it by painting Gilbert as the villain (which to some extent he was). If you believe anybody making millions of dollars has the right to compare themselves to slaves, you're being idiotic and just as ignorant as Lebron and Barkley in this case.

And words last just like pictures. The same way you can surf the net to dig up that cover. I can surf the net to dig up Lebron's quote. At the end of the day, you dislike Barkley so you're less forgiving. You're making it seem like he was dressing up as a slave like it was some kind of good thing. He wasn't. He was breaking the shackles. The symbology was meant only to cast the same negative light on censorship that is associated with slavery. That is the same ? thing that Lebron was trying to do, only replace censorship with NBA business dealings.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2017
    Options

Why?

Unfortunately there are many ppl who tend to share the same sentiments or are at least predisposed to

And he's said that he's wanted to pursue a political career. Think he ran for a senate seat in Alabama before

Wouldn't be surprised if he was intentionally trying to position himself to do so or just garner the support of a certain constituency

I mean who knows

But its plausible

I don't disagree, and I don't know for sure. I'm just going by Barkley's history. To me if you look at the totality of what he says and does, he's more of a person that's out of touch with the average black person and doesn't have the sense to keep his mouth closed on these issues than someone who is trying to ingratiate himself to white people. After all, there have been times when he's ? white people off too by saying ? they don't like. More often than not he just doesn't think before he speaks. On top of that, he's really not that bright of a guy. People are giving him way more credit than he deserves. If it's not about basketball, no one should be taking his comments seriously.

U previously stated Barkley didnt know what he was doing when speaking on race. But its CLEAR as day this ? is a willful ? much like Lil Wayne, Kanye, Ray Lewis, RZA & the other ? you defend. U still think he aint know what he was doing wearing chains on that cover?

Me and you have been around and around on this topic, but this time you should have no beef with me. I've said multiple times in this topic that I think it's perfectly fine to call Barkley a ? . The only people you listed that I ever defended were Ray Lewis and Rza and I admitted they said some dumb ? , but I also don't believe a few bad comments makes a person a ? . However, Barkley has a body of work that I wouldn't even try to defend. I think calling him a ? is a lazy way of attacking him, but that's really all ya'll are capable of, so have it. It's more appropriate in this case than most, so I wouldn't bother arguing against that.
    Lol

Ok ....

I guess that quote is no different than when lebron said he's choosing miami huh?

My ? for real? I swear some of you dudes have the reasoning ability of 2 year olds. In what world what you just did be considered any kind of logical way to discuss something? Like I can't even articulate the stupidity of what you just did.

Look man, I'll say it for the third time this topic. You want to call Barkley a ? , go ahead. I have no problem with that. I probably wouldn't call him that because it's too simplistic and doesn't really describe his stupidity all that well, but he's got more than enough bonafide coonish acts and comments to make the title fit. We weren't debating whether Barkley was a ? or not. We were talking about the merit or potential truth in his recent statements, and almost everyone in this topic has agreed that they weren't really wrong. I'm not sure why you dudes are still arguing so hard about this.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so would yall want a ? talking like barkley to not give money to hbcu's?

is he forcing his opinion on any of yall? is he saying think like him or he wont help?

i agree with him.....alof of black people are full of ? .

this man cant have his own opinion?

why do black people always gotta say the right things...or be in agreement with everyone else?

if he say some ? against black people...ok fukk him for that statement. just that statement...or maybe even a list of statements. but fukk it ...he reached back to help....what are you ? doing?

will you turn away his help?

where do you ? think most scholarship money comes from? sure aint level headed white people. racist white people looking for a tax write off.

yall ? aint hungry enough.....yall the type to turn away a handout even being on the sidewalk homeless for years cause you trynna make a stand against what was said.

if his million puts 15 people thru college, and that gives the a degree where they can support their family and give them a good life and put them thru college so that they can in turn support their family, the fukk are yall talking about?

so his opinions should ? the possibility of helping generations?

yall do know yall in one of the most racist countries in the world, right?

cops having target practice, ? killing ? ....an we worried about what his opinion is and why he helping a white school help black people?

some of you ? will never be ? .

the only group of people who needs help, takes help from whitey, but scrutinize a black man for helping because he aint say the right thing. but then get mad at the people who dont want to help. so ? and sellouts are not welcomed by yalls standard? but ya ok with taing it from ? hating white folk?

yea, yall fukked up in ya head.

ole battered wife syndrome ass ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

is he forcing his opinion on any of yall? is he saying think like him or he wont help?

why do black people always gotta say the right things...or be in agreement with everyone else?

if he say some ? against black people...ok fukk him for that statement. just that statement...or maybe even a list of statements. but fukk it ...he reached back to help....what are you ? doing?

where do you ? think most scholarship money comes from? sure aint level headed white people. racist white people looking for a tax write off.

yall ? aint hungry enough.....yall the type to turn away a handout even being on the sidewalk homeless for years cause you trynna make a stand against what was said.

if his million puts 15 people thru college, and that gives the a degree where they can support their family and give them a good life and put them thru college so that they can in turn support their family, the fukk are yall talking about?

cops having target practice, ? killing ? ....an we worried about what his opinion is and why he helping a white school help black people?

the only group of people who needs help, takes help from whitey, but scrutinize a black man for helping because he aint say the right thing. but then get mad at the people who dont want to help. so ? and sellouts are not welcomed by yalls standard? but ya ok with taing it from ? hating white folk?

Yeah common sense would say "thats his opinion of course it aint gon be the exact same as mine" plus thats Barkley I mean gotta put things in their place and perspective. I would say its an immature thing but ironically there are older people who seem to think like that too. Like they dont understand your not going to agree with someone exactly on everything, but you may on some things. So you can weigh what those things are. I think a lot of people just take an emotional viewpoint and it clouds their reasoning to where they cant see positives for what they are any more. And then there are the undercovers who are not of the demographic they portray who get in these discussions to try to cause discord and try to paint giving money to colleges by him as some type of negative. That type of thing is childsplay to me to see through though...
    F it I actually think hey, I'd rather that man be real and say his mind. I can agree with this and not that we arent clones. Clowns think they can control or have any say over him like that? Uh, I dont think so.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The fact that you continue to assume and at the very least imply that anyone disagreeing with Barkley is, uneducated, broke and unable to support his\her family makes you just as big of a ? as he is.

The problem with those of you riding the ? train is, your go to is, "How much money do you have?" "Have you given as much as ___________?" Get the ? out of here with this ? line of questioning and thinking.

There are scientists, teachers, counselors, mentors, doctors, etc that will never have the wealth that Barkley was allowed by the creator to have. This doesn't make their contributions any less to society or whatever charities and institutions they give too any less.

No Black people aren't the only ones that need to say the right things. We all should be striving to say and do the right things. However, when given the station of being in the public ones sense of etiquette, class and character should rise to the status they have been afforded.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Why?

I mean who knows

But its plausible

I don't disagree, and I don't know for sure. I'm just going by Barkley's history. To me if you look at the totality of what he says and does, he's more of a person that's out of touch with the average black person and doesn't have the sense to keep his mouth closed on these issues than someone who is trying to ingratiate himself to white people. After all, there have been times when he's ? white people off too by saying ? they don't like. More often than not he just doesn't think before he speaks. On top of that, he's really not that bright of a guy. People are giving him way more credit than he deserves. If it's not about basketball, no one should be taking his comments seriously.

Me and you have been around and around on this topic, but this time you should have no beef with me. I've said multiple times in this topic that I think it's perfectly fine to call Barkley a ? . The only people you listed that I ever defended were Ray Lewis and Rza and I admitted they said some dumb ? , but I also don't believe a few bad comments makes a person a ? . However, Barkley has a body of work that I wouldn't even try to defend. I think calling him a ? is a lazy way of attacking him, but that's really all ya'll are capable of, so have it. It's more appropriate in this case than most, so I wouldn't bother arguing against that.
    Lol

Ok ....

My ? for real? I swear some of you dudes have the reasoning ability of 2 year olds. In what world what you just did be considered any kind of logical way to discuss something? Like I can't even articulate the stupidity of what you just did.

Look man, I'll say it for the third time this topic. You want to call Barkley a ? , go ahead. I have no problem with that. I probably wouldn't call him that because it's too simplistic and doesn't really describe his stupidity all that well, but he's got more than enough bonafide coonish acts and comments to make the title fit. We weren't debating whether Barkley was a ? or not. We were talking about the merit or potential truth in his recent statements, and almost everyone in this topic has agreed that they weren't really wrong. I'm not sure why you dudes are still arguing so hard about this.

You don't have any data to qualify Barkley's ? statement. Barkley's charitable contributions are not a qualifier neither is the ten people in here agreeing with Barkley's statement.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

You don't have any data to qualify Barkley's ? statement. Barkley's charitable contributions are not a qualifier neither is the ten people in here agreeing with Barkley's statement.

This site, hell, this thread is really the only data needed. How often do we have relatively benign topics like this blow up cause ? like you want to start calling names and attacking characters every times someone says something you don't particularly like or agree with? Silly ? like you and the others in this thread aren't unique in the black community or human race in general. There are lots of people out that respond to discourse like 4 year olds and attack the messenger rather than the message. That's why we a crooked buffoon as president because people can't think rationally. They get in their emotions and their ? and act based on that.

Barkley isn't wrong about that. You ? never need data to quantify or qualify the dumb ? you say, so why does Barkley. 9 times out of 10 he just a fool that likes to run of at the mouth. This time his comments just happened to be less foolish than usual. You disagree. Fine, but how about you provide some data to qualify your side? Or you could just keep doing what you always do, which is call people who disagree with you a ? or in other words, nothing.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

This site, hell, this thread is really the only data needed. How often do we have relatively benign topics like this blow up cause ? like you want to start calling names and attacking characters every times someone says something you don't particularly like or agree with? Silly ? like you and the others in this thread aren't unique in the black community or human race in general. There are lots of people out that respond to discourse like 4 year olds and attack the messenger rather than the message. That's why we a crooked buffoon as president because people can't think rationally. They get in their emotions and their ? and act based on that.

Barkley isn't wrong about that. You ? never need data to quantify or qualify the dumb ? you say, so why does Barkley. 9 times out of 10 he just a fool that likes to run of at the mouth. This time his comments just happened to be less foolish than usual. You disagree. Fine, but how about you provide some data to qualify your side? Or you could just keep doing what you always do, which is call people who disagree with you a ? or in other words, nothing.

You are a ? and a clown to boot. Why? Because you are supporting ? \clown rhetoric. If, the IC is your go to source for polling data then you aren't just riding the ? train you're an idiot as well. You support Barkley responding like a 4 year old but are here accusing others of behaving similarly? If, you are going to support one person responding like a 4 year old support them all. Hypocrite.

There is no message in calling people losers and full ? because, they disagree with you or question your person. Barkley's sounding off was rational and unemotional? Man ? off.

There is no need for me qualify any statements because, I do my utmost to not throw out blanket statements against other people especially my own.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny how this thread basically proved Chuck right.