Get Out (2017)

Options

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To the people saying that some of the theories are wrong people do unconscious art all the time.It happens more then often the director might drop something he didn´t even know it was in his mind.

Im going to drop one
    -Maybe the black man inside the mind that was controlled by granpa shot himself on purpose because he knew grandpa was going to get control of the mind again.It´s also interesting how strong is the black mind to come back in and out.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To the people saying that some of the theories are wrong people do unconscious art all the time.It happens more then often the director might drop something he didn´t even know it was in his mind.

Im going to drop one
    -Maybe the black man inside the mind that was controlled by granpa shot himself on purpose because he knew grandpa was going to get control of the mind again.It´s also interesting how strong is the black mind to come back in and out.

Imma take the directors word for it. If it didnt mean ? ... Fans are reaching
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »

Yeah I recognize that ? immediately the only scene that had me lost was that fruit loop ?
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only question I have is how he got the cotton in his ears if his arms were tied to the chair? I know it came from him scratching the arm of the chair for the cotton but I'm thinking how it's possible for him to lean his head near his arms to insert it. Cotton is so soft that you still may hear the cling of a cup.

Yea I'm reaching. Lol
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    So the son wanted his body so he could be a got dayum UFC fighter.
    1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

No the blind art dealer was gonna get his body because he was a photographer
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    So the son wanted his body so he could be a got dayum UFC fighter.
    1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

No the blind art dealer was gonna get his body because he was a photographer

Yes but the son also wanted his body that´s why he was sad at the auction.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched it Saturday night because of the hype and originality. Was not disappointed.

As a fan of horror/thriller, the movie was a huge breath of fresh air. A few small problems aside, the movie was very well-made. Looking forward to other work by Peele.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    Figured all that talk about athletic genetic makeup and frame... Was a nod at how some people say ? like "Black people were bred to be better athletes than whites" or the extra tendon in the leg ? .

It looked like only elderly ppl were swapping bodies for black people. The brother was too young... He was the one with the helmet who "hunted" them

Watch the auction scene.One of the last cuts shows the brother mad with his palms to his head when the blind guy ´´buys´´ Chris. Also before that all the comments like ´´If you practiced you would be a beast´´, ´´Your genetics´´ he wanted his body bad so bad that he was going to play fight just to see how strong he was.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Figured all that talk about athletic genetic makeup and frame... Was a nod at how some people say ? like "Black people were bred to be better athletes than whites" or the extra tendon in the leg ? .

It looked like only elderly ppl were swapping bodies for black people. The brother was too young... He was the one with the helmet who "hunted" them

Watch the auction scene.One of the last cuts shows the brother mad with his palms to his head when the blind guy ´´buys´´ Chris. Also before that all the comments like ´´If you practiced you would be a beast´´, ´´Your genetics´´ he wanted his body bad so bad that he was going to play fight just to see how strong he was.

I would have to watch again to catch all the stuff i missed on 1st view.

But im sure the body swapping was reserved for old ppl. Thats why all the guests at the party were old. It musta been a way to prolong their death in old age.

As far as the brother goes he was a weirdo. Looked like Macaulay Culkin and seemed upset in every scene.

But maybe
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options

But im sure the body swapping was reserved for old ppl. Thats why all the guests at the party were old. It musta been a way to prolong their death in old age.

As far as the brother goes he was a weirdo. Looked like Macaulay Culkin and seemed upset in every scene.

But maybe

The old people swaped bodies because they had money to buy the black people.The whole premise of the movie was switching bodies.He not only wanted his eyes he probably wanted his body too because they can live longer.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

But maybe

The old people swaped bodies because they had money to buy the black people.The whole premise of the movie was switching bodies.He not only wanted his eyes he probably wanted his body too because they can live longer.

Isnt that what i just said
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only question I have is how he got the cotton in his ears if his arms were tied to the chair? I know it came from him scratching the arm of the chair for the cotton but I'm thinking how it's possible for him to lean his head near his arms to insert it. Cotton is so soft that you still may hear the cling of a cup.

Yea I'm reaching. Lol

I said that too until I actually tried it. If you are slightly flexible or in some type of shape you could do it.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea I'm reaching. Lol

I said that too until I actually tried it. If you are slightly flexible or in some type of shape you could do it.

Still doesnt negate the fact they supposedly were watching him.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Just saw that joint. Haven't seen a horror flick in like 15 years, so I went in with only the words said by everyone else.

I ? with it.
    I would shot that ? in the throat once I saw my peoples come out that cop car. Maybe shot the ? too, on some Shottas ? just for bringing me to that fuckshit.
    I would have told Rod to run her ass over a few times before leaving
    REAL....? ...? !
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options

For the genetics talk look up a sports reporter called "jimmy the greek" he was ? 1 time and said blacks have been bread to be big athletes because of slavery and they have eztra muscles
    And for the ufc brother he wanted to "demonstrate on the black guy" to try to show him up and perhaps hurt him. White guys ALWAYS want to show up a black guy it would happen to me a lot when I was down south
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea I'm reaching. Lol

He was biting his armstrap earlier so he was clearly able to reach his head over. as far as the cotton, youre right. he would need a lot of it to block the sound