Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne - Changed It (more Remy shots)

Options

Comments

• Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Dope, this is shaping up to be quite interesting. I hope Remy responds and dishes it to Nicki again. Remy Ma can end Nicki's career if she plays her cards right. Nicki not the brightest bulb in the room.
    End it how so? The same people tweeting #ThatWasWackRemy were the same people tweeting #NickiMinajIsOver, which were prob the same people downloading Nicki's Remy disses by the bulk. The public is fickle af. But the industry is a whole other beast, and they are def on Nicki's side. Remy was already crying on camera talking about how she's done and doesn't want Nicki keeping her from eating. Welp prob too late for that, so she might as well keep the beef going. However, she may have won the battle and embarrassed Nicki for a few days, but she cannot win this war.

Remy is a better battle MC and Nicki's last disses were terrible. None compare to ETHER and apparently Rem is sitting on a Nicki Minaj sextape and more ? . If Remy plays her cards right she can damage Nicki beyond repair and end her career. It's not like Nicki is bubbling the way she used to either.

You said it yourself, social media is fickle but as stupid as the masses are, if the IC is a microcosm of Pop culture and the things happening in our community, if you make a thread and ask who's winning the battle or who had the best diss I'll bet $100 the overwhelming majority would pick Remy Ma... A great Queens rapper once said "The people that you ? on on your way up are the same people who'll ? on you on your way down".... The industry will chew up Nicki and spit her out like they did Lil Flip, Lil Kim, Jarule and countless others.
    I highly doubt Remy has a sextape of Nicki. Half of Shether is made up ? . Remy may be a better battle MC than Nicki tho, and that's what I mean by Remy winning the battle. However, Remy burned herself out very early, plus she ? up by using an instrumental that Nicki's label owns. And who else knows what Nicki has in store. But do you really think it'll all be worth it in the end once Remy isn't able to make money like she used to?

She already said it... "Go against Nicki, its gonna cost ya!"

55271_Paulie_Walnuts.gif

Remy will always be able to make money in music because she's independent so that's not a problem. You think when Nicki's tenure is up and it's time to collect that Baby and them are going to pay her what she's worth ? Does Baby even have their money ?? Drake's parent label Republic can't even squeeze them and we already know about Wayne. Cash Money will prolly file for bankruptcy in 5 years.

One day Nicki's star will fade too. And Fat Joe is managed by Rocnation, it's not a problem for him to step in and get the machine behind Remy. Nicki doesn't have control over Remy's career and the Ether beat is one thing but it won't stop the future possibilities of Remy dropping even more vicious disses and exposing Nicki.

This is just talking about​ money, it has nothing to do with who's getting killed on wax..... Did Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez even know there were other female rappers outside of Nicki Minaj ? They prolly never even heard the ether beat until Remy spit over it LOLOLOLOL
    Yeah make money but on a lower level. Being independent or not doesn't matter when you're missing out on endorsements. Remy Is already shook of Nicki being a roadblock of finances. Nicki needs to use that audio in the next diss.

Some people are fine with having $5 million in the bank versus $50 million. Ja was 10x richer than 50 Cent was when 50 first got started and did everything in his power to blackball him. Little good it did. Pepsi and American Idol aren't the only businesses in North America, lots of smaller brands would be more than glad to endorse Remy Ma. I'd rather be independent than have Birdman and Slim hiding my money from me, owning majority of my masters and not paying me what I'm worth. That peace of mind is priceless and the reason why a lot of these older artists signed to KOCH and Asylum back in the day.

And to make matters worse PartyNextDoor is ethering Nicki on social media about ghostwriting. How strong is her circle if the dude she featured on her diss song has an artist that's dissing her too about ghostwriting? LOOLOLOLOLOOOOLLLOOLLLLOOLL

Nicki not rolling right, she supposed to be a boss no ? The public opinion is hanging her.
    Liking tweets is ethering now? :eyeroll

And that's a whole different song they're talking about.

The point is it hurts her credibility and confirms what Remy said in ShEther about having writers. Also contradicts what Nicki said about Remy lying. If Remy's lying why is Party cosigning that he wrote it ? He has no reason to take sides and all the more reason to take sides for Nicki. It doesn't look good when the guy on your song has an artist under him that's confirming what your enemy is saying. That ? is out for his pockets and reputation, this means Nicki isn't rolling right. The bond she claims to have with her peoples is fake. Bet you Nicki is on the phone arguing with Drake to get dude to take that ? back just like she begged Trey Songz to say he didn't ? her.

Nicki out here fighting the people laughing instead of directly focusing on the one making the jokes. Remy is calculated so if she's going to fight Nicki best believe Nicki isn't walking out of this unscathed. So far Nicki looking like she's all over the place trying to out too many fires.

Nosign.

This is Canibus vs LL Cool J all over again.

Canibus was the better battle rapper. The better punchline rapper and he had the mixtape game on lock down. His freestyles were out of this world.

But LL Cool J had a sitcom, a string of classic hit singles, 7 albums under his belt and the industry was in the palm of his hand.

Even though Canibus might have been a hotter MC at the moment, LL had too much power and the major labels were making too much money off LL Cool J to let Canibus take him down.

Its the same way with Remy and Nicki. Remy is like Canibus and Nicki is like LL, she's too big to fail.

@5grand
    Exactly.... Remy Ma needs a bigger machine behind her and Fat Joe Ain't Gotta Do it... Remy Ma is Hip Hop ... Nicki Minaj is RAP... RAP Music simple means Radio Air Play ... Hip- Hop Music was Never meant to played on the Airwaves ... That why Remy Ma did not felt the need to clear the Shether record with Universal Music Group because she reps Hip Hop at its Essence.... Nicki Minaj took two weeks to make a reply because she want her RAP Song to be formated for the radio..

She came out of jail with a show and a few hits y'all ? need to stop playing fat Joe bigger machine= a loss of her soul
    @Ghostdenithegawd
    So you think Remy Ma loss her soul with the song All the Way Up because that Fat Joe most recent biggest machine recently?....

bj80v90yp2zu.gif
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dope, this is shaping up to be quite interesting. I hope Remy responds and dishes it to Nicki again. Remy Ma can end Nicki's career if she plays her cards right. Nicki not the brightest bulb in the room.
    End it how so? The same people tweeting #ThatWasWackRemy were the same people tweeting #NickiMinajIsOver, which were prob the same people downloading Nicki's Remy disses by the bulk. The public is fickle af. But the industry is a whole other beast, and they are def on Nicki's side. Remy was already crying on camera talking about how she's done and doesn't want Nicki keeping her from eating. Welp prob too late for that, so she might as well keep the beef going. However, she may have won the battle and embarrassed Nicki for a few days, but she cannot win this war.

Remy is a better battle MC and Nicki's last disses were terrible. None compare to ETHER and apparently Rem is sitting on a Nicki Minaj sextape and more ? . If Remy plays her cards right she can damage Nicki beyond repair and end her career. It's not like Nicki is bubbling the way she used to either.

You said it yourself, social media is fickle but as stupid as the masses are, if the IC is a microcosm of Pop culture and the things happening in our community, if you make a thread and ask who's winning the battle or who had the best diss I'll bet $100 the overwhelming majority would pick Remy Ma... A great Queens rapper once said "The people that you ? on on your way up are the same people who'll ? on you on your way down".... The industry will chew up Nicki and spit her out like they did Lil Flip, Lil Kim, Jarule and countless others.
    I highly doubt Remy has a sextape of Nicki. Half of Shether is made up ? . Remy may be a better battle MC than Nicki tho, and that's what I mean by Remy winning the battle. However, Remy burned herself out very early, plus she ? up by using an instrumental that Nicki's label owns. And who else knows what Nicki has in store. But do you really think it'll all be worth it in the end once Remy isn't able to make money like she used to?

55271_Paulie_Walnuts.gif

Remy will always be able to make money in music because she's independent so that's not a problem. You think when Nicki's tenure is up and it's time to collect that Baby and them are going to pay her what she's worth ? Does Baby even have their money ?? Drake's parent label Republic can't even squeeze them and we already know about Wayne. Cash Money will prolly file for bankruptcy in 5 years.

One day Nicki's star will fade too. And Fat Joe is managed by Rocnation, it's not a problem for him to step in and get the machine behind Remy. Nicki doesn't have control over Remy's career and the Ether beat is one thing but it won't stop the future possibilities of Remy dropping even more vicious disses and exposing Nicki.

This is just talking about​ money, it has nothing to do with who's getting killed on wax..... Did Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez even know there were other female rappers outside of Nicki Minaj ? They prolly never even heard the ether beat until Remy spit over it LOLOLOLOL
    Yeah make money but on a lower level. Being independent or not doesn't matter when you're missing out on endorsements. Remy Is already shook of Nicki being a roadblock of finances. Nicki needs to use that audio in the next diss.

Some people are fine with having $5 million in the bank versus $50 million. Ja was 10x richer than 50 Cent was when 50 first got started and did everything in his power to blackball him. Little good it did. Pepsi and American Idol aren't the only businesses in North America, lots of smaller brands would be more than glad to endorse Remy Ma. I'd rather be independent than have Birdman and Slim hiding my money from me, owning majority of my masters and not paying me what I'm worth. That peace of mind is priceless and the reason why a lot of these older artists signed to KOCH and Asylum back in the day.

And to make matters worse PartyNextDoor is ethering Nicki on social media about ghostwriting. How strong is her circle if the dude she featured on her diss song has an artist that's dissing her too about ghostwriting? LOOLOLOLOLOOOOLLLOOLLLLOOLL

Nicki not rolling right, she supposed to be a boss no ? The public opinion is hanging her.

The point is it hurts her credibility and confirms what Remy said in ShEther about having writers. Also contradicts what Nicki said about Remy lying. If Remy's lying why is Party cosigning that he wrote it ? He has no reason to take sides and all the more reason to take sides for Nicki. It doesn't look good when the guy on your song has an artist under him that's confirming what your enemy is saying. That ? is out for his pockets and reputation, this means Nicki isn't rolling right. The bond she claims to have with her peoples is fake. Bet you Nicki is on the phone arguing with Drake to get dude to take that ? back just like she begged Trey Songz to say he didn't ? her.

Nicki out here fighting the people laughing instead of directly focusing on the one making the jokes. Remy is calculated so if she's going to fight Nicki best believe Nicki isn't walking out of this unscathed. So far Nicki looking like she's all over the place trying to out too many fires.
    But Nicki owns all her endorsement, merchandising, sponsor, touring, publishing rights, etc so I doubt any of that is even a problem. Remy can be independent all she wants, she still wants to make money and she hurting over Nicki being a threat to her pockets. Even if Nicki had to sell "10 records for every 1 of hers" or whatever she said... 2 million is laps around 50k lol (if this last album even sells 50k). Dunno why she would even go there.

And Party is a weirdo. All he did was like tweets. If he actually wrote that song (which would be weird), Nicki isn't dumb enough to put him on blast over Twitter cause he could easily shut that down. He already responded to it. Looking butthurt over Twitter ain't a good look, but whoever Nicki is losing credibility with over this "battle" was most likely people who never gave her any to begin with. No big deal.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard nicki n the sextape wit dej loaf
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @5grand you can't compare this 2 ll vs can Ctfu… nobody outside the internet new who cannibus was honestly rem has a bigger base…

@KillaCham no way nikky owns 100 percent 2 that… not even her touring lol you gassin shawty up 4 failure folk

Jeezy black balled gucci back then fast forward the years Gucci run trap music an jeezy can't think of a hit evn if it was dm 2 him
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    I heard nicki n the sextape wit dej loaf

Nikky got trained by gowop n waka
    Shawty a thot turned bojie
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    @5grand you can't compare this 2 ll vs can Ctfu… nobody outside the internet new who cannibus was honestly rem has a bigger base…

@KillaCham no way nikky owns 100 percent 2 that… not even her touring lol you gassin shawty up 4 failure folk

Jeezy black balled gucci back then fast forward the years Gucci run trap music an jeezy can't think of a hit evn if it was dm 2 him
    100% of profit does not go to the artist, but I'm sure you can google yourself and see the she owns all of her 360 rights. She did not sign a 360 deal.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Get this ? ? outta here bruh. Jeezy consistently outsells ? . What stats are you lookin at???
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the people that are into these artists also the same people that follow trends that include getting fingers shoved up their ? just because Kanye made it popular?
    Cause it sure seems like it.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options

Get this ? ? outta here bruh. Jeezy consistently outsells ? . What stats are you lookin at???

Jeezy last 3 mixtapes bricked
    Gucci last 3 mixtapes got singles in rotation
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeezy has a position at the label though
    ? has his own

Jeezy can say reckless ? like Gucci cuz he'll lose that white check
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

55271_Paulie_Walnuts.gif

Nosign.

Canibus was the better battle rapper. The better punchline rapper and he had the mixtape game on lock down. His freestyles were out of this world.

But LL Cool J had a sitcom, a string of classic hit singles, 7 albums under his belt and the industry was in the palm of his hand.

Even though Canibus might have been a hotter MC at the moment, LL had too much power and the major labels were making too much money off LL Cool J to let Canibus take him down.

Its the same way with Remy and Nicki. Remy is like Canibus and Nicki is like LL, she's too big to fail.

How the ? do you compare Nicki to LL Cool???? ? blasphemy. Female emcees fall off all the time. The clock is tickin on Nicki
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im remy all day, but i like Nicki's voice. it makes my thing jump.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh what tha ? !? >_>
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close this ? ...? in here talking bout Gucci lame n jeezy n how Nicky make ? ? hard
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lil ? post rappers had 0 Internet push at that time I don't music did in general as far as artist goes

You sounds dumb as ? you better not be over 18
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You obviously weren't living in New York during that time period.

Canibus was destroying mix tapes and posse jams. My roommate had a tape called DMX vs Canibus. This was before either one of the had an album out. It had the N.O.R.E./DMX/Canibus Hot 97 freestyle along with some other freestyles and posse jams.

We thought Canibus was going to be the one to dethrone LL but it didn't happen.

And I didn't have the internet back then. I didn't get online until 1999. I was 25.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canibus was a up and coming rapper back then. Remy Martin been rapping since the big pun days and was mentored by him. It's different. Add on to the fact that ll started that battle for a stupid ass reason.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mic on the arm comment started it
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Canibus was destroying mix tapes and posse jams. My roommate had a tape called DMX vs Canibus. This was before either one of the had an album out. It had the N.O.R.E./DMX/Canibus Hot 97 freestyle along with some other freestyles and posse jams.

And I didn't have the internet back then. I didn't get online until 1999. I was 25.

Yeah but LL bodied Canibus with one line "99.9% of your fans doesn't exist"
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Jeezy has a position at the label though
    ? has his own

Jeezy can say reckless ? like Gucci cuz he'll lose that white check

Jeezy ain't always have that position
    He was brickin b4 that an wat that got do wit tha fact that jeezy black back guwop an still couldn't stop him…

55271_Paulie_Walnuts.gif[/quote

The point is it hurts her credibility and confirms what Remy said in ShEther about having writers. Also contradicts what Nicki said about Remy lying. If Remy's lying why is Party cosigning that he wrote it ? He has no reason to take sides and all the more reason to take f

Nosign.

How the ? do you compare Nicki to LL Cool???? ? blasphemy. Female emcees fall off all the time. The clock is tickin on Nicki

Relax buddy I'm not comparing they said remy is the underdog how canibus was an ll cool j was how nikky is
    An I said remy has a bigger fan base then canibus eva had so that story couldn't repeat itself

Thank you 4 proving my point outside of New York nobody new canibus… what mixtapes was he destroying I never heard him on any classic mixtapes
    Jus his diss songs made it on cutmaster c but that's bout it
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Canibus lost because his first Album sucked in a time when classics were coming out. LL surprised because it was like oh ? old man still got it. When it was really just turning Bis lines back at him. 99% of your fans wear high heels was hard and true. 99% percent of your fans don't exist was obviously not true if he was buzzing off mixes and features.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Not to derail the thread, but here's the Canibus/DMX/N.O.R.E Hot 97 Freestyle. Listen to the whole thing and then consider it was around the time that 4,3,2,1 came out and the whole beef with LL Cool J.

This was before DMX and N.O.R.E's solo albums

We thought Canibus was better than DMX and N.O.R.E. and he was going to pick up where Rakim left off. This was before Jay Z picked up steam and Nas had just dropped The Firm so people said he was washed up. In fact, Canibus was on The Firm album and might have had the illest verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kdd2LWaXMA
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canibus lost because his first Album sucked in a time when classics were coming out. LL surprised because it was like oh ? old man still got it. When it was really just turning Bis lines back at him. 99% of your fans wear high heels was hard and true. 99% percent of your fans don't exist was obviously not true if he was buzzing off mixes and features.

How is this line etherous?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

How is this line etherous?

I wish 99% of my fans wore high heels and I was going gold/platinum
  • trendsetta1030
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Not to derail the thread, but here's the Canibus/DMX/N.O.R.E Hot 97 Freestyle. Listen to the whole thing and then consider it was around the time that 4,3,2,1 came out and the whole beef with LL Cool J.

This was before DMX and N.O.R.E's solo albums

We thought Canibus was better than DMX and N.O.R.E. and he was going to pick up where Rakim left off. This was before Jay Z picked up steam and Nas had just dropped The Firm so people said he was washed up. In fact, Canibus was on The Firm album and might have had the illest verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kdd2LWaXMA

The firm cd not hot bra … it was missin mega…
    If I'm not for getin canibus goin at eminem did not help I think eminem really finished em …