Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs a dope album
    texas409 wrote: »
    KRITS toe crust>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Troy Ave

@Beta

The funny thing is you emotional soutern ? trying to bring troy ave into a conversation between 2 southern rappers Krit and Cole. Cole is clearly better and you Kritovas Witnesses catching feelings about why this ? literally stuck doing small club shows in his own region (the south). ? Troy ave doing the same size venues that yall ? Krit doing lmaoo.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Beta

The funny thing is you emotional soutern ? trying to bring troy ave into a conversation between 2 southern rappers Krit and Cole. Cole is clearly better and you Kritovas Witnesses catching feelings about why this ? literally stuck doing small club shows in his own region (the south). ? Troy ave doing the same size venues that yall ? Krit doing lmaoo.

m34qdnlex8r8.gif
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hes not good enough
    Yo if yall gonna keep quoting each other...just edit the @ sign out from my name sheesh lol
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Beta

That may be true, but Krit done sold WAAAAAAAYYYYY more records than that brick dropping weed plate master ass ? . Lol Oh yeah ? u @MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 if u don't like the man's music what the ? u in the thread for??? Y'all some ole bitter beer face ass ? round here boy. Lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes not marketable
    5th Letter wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    HafBayked wrote: »

And ATL is known for making everybody else them other ?

And Houston is known for making everybody else them other ?

LA is known for making everybody else them other ?

etc etc etc

The difference is NY is treated like this is exclusive to them. NY ? rep their ? and they do it proudly. The issue is y'all don't like HOW they do it. In y'all minds NYer's are a bunch of arrogant douches. Y'all are supposedly "running" hip hop so why get bent out of shape about NY's opinion of the south. Shouldn't be nothing to a giant right?

? ......

"I" aint bent outta shape over ? .......nor do "I" go around saying any one region is "running" hip hop....I couldnt care less

again, yes, every city and region reps themselves like they should.....but yes, HOW you do that makes a difference

kinda like when people try to explain that being pro black doesnt mean anti white

you mentioned 3 major cities that have their own style and following, but there was never a time in any of those places where NY (or anyone else) was completely disregarded because they were different

DEFINITELY not Houston......Nas, Biggie, Jay, Etc were all featured on early Screw tapes

The first part of my post wasn't specifically for you, just talking in general. I used those cities as an example nothing more. And NY never disregarded anyone I was living in NJ in the 90's, ? out here never hated on other regions, did ? go out of their way to bump some ? ? Not really. I mean hard feelings over ill conceived notions are bad, don't know what else to say because I doubt I'll say anything that would make you reconsider, so it is what it is.

I read an interview from treach where he said they used to get booed because they were fromjersey

I need to see that because Naughty records stayed on hot 97 back in the day.
    I originally saw it on another site
    https://philly.hiphop/naughty-by-nature-recall-the-exact-moment-the-fades-turned-to-braids/

Listen to their drink champs inferview

It didn't say anything specific, was the performance wack, were they late to the venue. I doubt they were booed specifically because they were from New Jersey.

Cmon you know New Yorkers love to ? in Nj
  • Beta
    Options
    Hes not good enough
    moyo wrote: »

@Beta

That may be true, but Krit done sold WAAAAAAAYYYYY more records than that brick dropping weed plate master ass ? . Lol Oh yeah ? u @MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 if u don't like the man's music what the ? u in the thread for??? Y'all some ole bitter beer face ass ? round here boy. Lol

Question....do you think more people know who KRIT is or Troy Ave? I'm just wondering
  • moyo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

@Beta

Question....do you think more people know who KRIT is or Troy Ave? I'm just wondering

Krit. But i really don't care bruh. I'm jus trolling the trollmasters back. Lol
  • 5th Letter
    Options

etc etc etc

The difference is NY is treated like this is exclusive to them. NY ? rep their ? and they do it proudly. The issue is y'all don't like HOW they do it. In y'all minds NYer's are a bunch of arrogant douches. Y'all are supposedly "running" hip hop so why get bent out of shape about NY's opinion of the south. Shouldn't be nothing to a giant right?

? ......

"I" aint bent outta shape over ? .......nor do "I" go around saying any one region is "running" hip hop....I couldnt care less

again, yes, every city and region reps themselves like they should.....but yes, HOW you do that makes a difference

kinda like when people try to explain that being pro black doesnt mean anti white

you mentioned 3 major cities that have their own style and following, but there was never a time in any of those places where NY (or anyone else) was completely disregarded because they were different

DEFINITELY not Houston......Nas, Biggie, Jay, Etc were all featured on early Screw tapes

The first part of my post wasn't specifically for you, just talking in general. I used those cities as an example nothing more. And NY never disregarded anyone I was living in NJ in the 90's, ? out here never hated on other regions, did ? go out of their way to bump some ? ? Not really. I mean hard feelings over ill conceived notions are bad, don't know what else to say because I doubt I'll say anything that would make you reconsider, so it is what it is.

I read an interview from treach where he said they used to get booed because they were fromjersey

https://philly.hiphop/naughty-by-nature-recall-the-exact-moment-the-fades-turned-to-braids/

It didn't say anything specific, was the performance wack, were they late to the venue. I doubt they were booed specifically because they were from New Jersey.

Can't argue against that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes not marketable

etc etc etc

? ......

Can't argue against that.

Even Staten Island ? have the nerve lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Hes not good enough

@Beta

Nah I was just asking your thoughts

Thanks for not being a ? ? like these other kritters
  • moyo
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Beta

Nah I was just asking your thoughts

Thanks for not being a ? ? like these other kritters

Dude ur a trip. Lol But nah honestly even tho Krit is defined as underground, he's pretty popular and well respected nationwide in industry circles. I think he's content to rep the south and make music for his loyal fans. As far As Troy ave goes like I said earlier I've never heard any of the mans music in my life so musically I can't form an opinion on him. Jus had to troll u Back, cuz u was trolling and shittin on my guy. It's all jokes mane, I don't take this ? serious. Good discussions
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He needs a dope album

@Beta

Nobody is talking about troy average or new york. Your dodging the point of the last few pages which is Krit ain't as lyrics as North Caronila Cole. Because yall dumb southern ? are in your feelings lmao. Using all caps and extra a's and ? like that cause you are emotional.

I am a Krit and Cole fan. I bought Krits first album when the majority of the south passed on buying it. I listen to his songs. But there is a reason Krit has not blew up and Cole organically grew in the underground college scene. Because coles music overall connects with ? corny lines and good lines.

But at the end of the day Krit who still had low sales for both albums performs in the same size venues as troy average.
  • Beta
    Options
    Hes not good enough
    Yo if yall gonna keep quoting each other...just edit the @ sign out from my name sheesh lol

Thanks guys :/
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes done alright
    This thread did a 360 lol....I ? with both Cole and Krit.
  • moyo
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Beta

Nobody is talking about troy average or new york. Your dodging the point of the last few pages which is Krit ain't as lyrics as North Caronila Cole. Because yall dumb southern ? are in your feelings lmao. Using all caps and extra a's and ? like that cause you are emotional.

I am a Krit and Cole fan. I bought Krits first album when the majority of the south passed on buying it. I listen to his songs. But there is a reason Krit has not blew up and Cole organically grew in the underground college scene. Because coles music overall connects with ? corny lines and good lines.

But at the end of the day Krit who still had low sales for both albums performs in the same size venues as troy average.

? u wasted so much time and effort wit this weak ass illiterate ass retort. But southern ? dumb right??? ? eat a ? ....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    He needs a dope album

@Beta

? u wasted so much time and effort wit this weak ass illiterate was retort. But southern ? dumb right??? ? eat a ? ....

Yet you a ? southern ? claim i have a weak ass response with no proof. Then you simply say "eat a ? ". So me the ? from the northeast actually put together a few sentences with facts. You the ? southerner hit the wack button and said "eat a ? ".

Just as many people pay money to see ? ass troy ass as they do krit. At this point in 2017 more people know who troy ave is than they do big krit.
  • moyo
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Beta

? u wasted so much time and effort wit this weak ass illiterate was retort. But southern ? dumb right??? ? eat a ? ....

Yet you a ? southern ? claim i have a weak ass response with no proof. Then you simply say "eat a ? ". So me the ? from the northeast actually put together a few sentences with facts. You the ? southerner hit the wack button and said "eat a ? ".

Just as many people pay money to see ? ass troy ass as they do krit. At this point in 2017 more people know who troy ave is than they do big krit.

? sit yo dumb northeast ass down n get out ya feels. I was jus trolling on my original post, but u never gave a proper response to my retort that Krit has sold more records than Mr weedplate. How yo trolling ass gone talk ? then cry when a ? reverse the game on yo punk ass. Jus take ya punk ass to bed and start over tomorrow bruh. Lol
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Def Jam wasn't the place for him they switch up personel too much .He should have stayed indy and just got that underground paper he has a core fanbase so he should be good .Would have been great for Stankonia records when it existed or Dungeon Family . The majors are not the same and don't invest like they use 2.He is still one of the most talented new artist today and still growing .
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lmao 5th letter you know NY in the 90's shut out every region. And no every other region wasn't the same, E-40 had the southwest riders album collabs with southern rappers and west coast rappers, scarface and cube collabed, master p was making music in the bay area as well. NY had a crab in the barrel mentality for years and having the least successful artist out now is karma

You're basing this on collaborations now? So Cube didn't work with Big Daddy Kane and Public Enemy? So Biggie didn't do a record with Uncle Luke? Daz and Kurupt didn't work with Method Man and Redman? ODB wasn't working with Tha Alkaholiks? Cypress Hill wasn't working with the Wu? Erick Sermon wasn't working with Too Short? Didn't Pac work with the Outlaws? I can go on and on. How do NY have the least successful artists now?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    He needs a dope album

@Beta

? sit yo dumb northeast ass down n get out ya feels. I was jus trolling on my original post, but u never gave a proper response to my retort that Krit has sold more records than Mr weedplate. How yo trolling ass gone talk ? then cry when a ? reverse the game on yo punk ass. Jus take ya punk ass to bed and start over tomorrow bruh. Lol

Nobody trolls and types in all caps. Clearly you caught feelings. Yes Krit sold more records than Troy Average. But in an era where touring is based on your public demand in any given city Troy and Krit are even. Minus that tour where he was the janitor opener for Macklemore lmao.

What this means is more people know who Troy ave is than they do Krit. This also means the amount of people who will pay to see a Krit show and will pay to see a ? ass troy average show is in the same attendance bracket. Meaning despite ? like me (and maybe you) buying Krit albums his concert fanbase is the the same and or less as Troy Ave.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao 5th letter you know NY in the 90's shut out every region. And no every other region wasn't the same, E-40 had the southwest riders album collabs with southern rappers and west coast rappers, scarface and cube collabed, master p was making music in the bay area as well. NY had a crab in the barrel mentality for years and having the least successful artist out now is karma

You're basing this on collaborations now? So Cube didn't work with Big Daddy Kane and Public Enemy? So Biggie didn't do a record with Uncle Luke? Daz and Kurupt didn't work with Method Man and Redman? ODB wasn't working with Tha Alkaholiks? Cypress Hill wasn't working with the Wu? Erick Sermon wasn't working with Too Short? Didn't Pac work with the Outlaws? I can go on and on. How do NY have the least successful artists now?

Who's dominating the airwaves and getting the most sales recently. How many new York artists are in the top 10. Yes I'm aware of joey, Dave east, Don q and ace boogie and ASAP ferg and rocky but they're not really moving the needle currently
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that's the case then Canada is running this rap ? , not the south
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Who's dominating the airwaves and getting the most sales recently. How many new York artists are in the top 10. Yes I'm aware of joey, Dave east, Don q and ace boogie and ASAP ferg and rocky but they're not really moving the needle currently

A Canadian is selling the most right now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    where's my option for Def Jam didn't really try to make KRIT happen