Best of NY without a classic

Options

Comments

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabulous
    Tried to vote for Banks 3 times now and it still wont let me? how has Banks only got 4 votes and Jada has 17? I like Jada but come the ? on, Banks has HFM 1 and 2 plus Rotten Apple which IMO is a solid album that gets overlooked.

Maybe your mind wants you to vote, but your soul wouldn't let you. All joking aside....
    I don't know, you have to contact a moderator about that.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jada kiss
    as a fellow brooklynite i'll admit fab is overrated over here. ? swear like he's the coldest dude out. banks and kiss both are way better than him

His best projects are the soul tape series and a good chunk of the songs are him rapping on other ? beats.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lloyd Banks
    And Soul tape 1 -3 crushes everything Banks have ever been on. Whats your point. Hunger for more still not a classic.

You must be smokin chewy

He sure is SMH

Can you both get each other's ? out your mouths, so we can talk hip hop.

? you talking to b? Now apologize

I'm not Jay-Z. People suck ? on this site every day, B
    Weazel wrote: »
    Other then that
    Joell Ortiz could be featured as poll option.
    Mad skills, lots of dope material (group/solo)
    But, yet no classic album.

I never heard of anybody saying Joell was next to take on the crown. People have said that about these 3. Plus all 3 are bigger artist than Ortiz.

BEST of NY right?, it was about the best rapper out of NY
    If not, it's a popularity contests. So never mind I named one of the best.
    I'll go with Wakaflukaflame instead, he definitely ain't got no classic (lmao)
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss
    Jada...this why he's really not top 5 D.O.A like he claims.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss
    Jada kiss is the only right answer

Maybe busta if you don't consider any if his work classic
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jada kiss
    Only white g unit stans and queens ? like lloyd banks
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss
    Hunger For More is a classic, not one skippable song. All of G-Unit's artist's first albums are classics... except for Yayo.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous
    youngnick wrote: »
    Hunger For More is a classic, not one skippable song. All of G-Unit's artist's first albums are classics... except for Yayo.

So Hunger for more on the same level as Reasonable Doub,t ready to die, Illmatic, Only built for Cuban links, Supreme Clientele, Muddy Waters, ATLiens, ? , the chronic, and Midnight Marauders? Foh!!!!
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss

So Hunger for more on the same level as Reasonable Doub,t ready to die, Illmatic, Only built for Cuban links, Supreme Clientele, Muddy Waters, ATLiens, ? , the chronic, and Midnight Marauders? Foh!!!!

? what kind of logic is this. Only 90's albums can be classics?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lloyd Banks
    Cold Corner tapes>Soul Tapes. That's a fact
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous

I see you totally missed the point. College Dropout, The Cool, Stillmatic, Big Doe Rehab, Good Kid Bad City, Gangsta and Gentleman, American Gangsta, Be..... is Hunger for more on these albums level?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Jada kiss
    Tried to vote for Banks 3 times now and it still wont let me? how has Banks only got 4 votes and Jada has 17? I like Jada but come the ? on, Banks has HFM 1 and 2 plus Rotten Apple which IMO is a solid album that gets overlooked.

Only people that believe in round earth can vote.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss

I see you totally missed the point. College Dropout, The Cool, Stillmatic, Big Doe Rehab, Good Kid Bad City, Gangsta and Gentleman, American Gangsta, Be..... is Hunger for more on these albums level?

I don't think Hunger For More is on that level, but I'd rate Beg For Mercy alongside those albums.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous
    5 Grand wrote: »

I don't think Hunger For More is on that level, but I'd rate Beg For Mercy alongside those albums.

I think Jada second album better than Hunger for more. Its been a minute since I heard it. But it was a solid album.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabulous

Some of those aren't even classics and it's better than a few on that list
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous
    And Soul tape 1 -3 crushes everything Banks have ever been on. Whats your point. Hunger for more still not a classic.

You must be smokin chewy

He sure is SMH

Can you both get each other's ? out your mouths, so we can talk hip hop.

? you talking to b? Now apologize

I'm not Jay-Z. People suck ? on this site every day, B
    Other then that
    Joell Ortiz could be featured as poll option.
    Mad skills, lots of dope material (group/solo)
    But, yet no classic album.

I never heard of anybody saying Joell was next to take on the crown. People have said that about these 3. Plus all 3 are bigger artist than Ortiz.

BEST of NY right?, it was about the best rapper out of NY
    If not, it's a popularity contests. So never mind I named one of the best.
    I'll go with Wakaflukaflame instead, he definitely ain't got no classic (lmao)

I never heard of anybody say Ortiz was or could be the best. You do know music is subjective. If you are the only saying someone is the best and everyone elso say the other person the best well.....there no test to say who the best is. It's based on popularity and common sense based of skill level, and sometimes that don't count. But Joel is super nice. I just never heard his name brought up in the convo for next king of NY.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous
    bck145 wrote: »

Which ones?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss

I think Jada second album better than Hunger for more. Its been a minute since I heard it. But it was a solid album.

Kiss of death is Jada worst album. Body yourself b
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous

Quit trolling me Immobility. Everyone I know like it better than his first album.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabulous

Which ones?

College dropout, the Cool, big doe rehab, gangsta and a gentleman, American gangsta...not classic

Hunger for more better than the first 3....i can see arguments for American gangsta and gangsta and a gentleman being better than hunger for more but it's close
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jada kiss
    3 of my favorites and I think alot of people been sleepin on Banks lately he been spitting his best ? in the last 2 years ,halloween havoc 2 and live it up are on par with the soul tapes Banks might even be top 10 all time if we strictly talking straight bars! yeah I know sounds far fetched because he has no charisma and his voice is monotone but not alot of guys can spit better than him

just a little reminder here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEsf-7XBiCw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqKR6WHNDv0&index=3&list=PL8GPlv0cDWuTp7XdtwkTILZS29aXKzu_W
  • power_wisdom
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fabulous

Which ones?

College dropout, the Cool, big doe rehab, gangsta and a gentleman, American gangsta...not classic

Hunger for more better than the first 3....i can see arguments for American gangsta and gangsta and a gentleman being better than hunger for more but it's close

You must be def. All those albums ? on Hunger for more. I just listened to it in the car. ? far from a classic!!!! I can make a thread for each of those albums against Hunger and they will destroy them. All those albums are critical acclaim. I know music is subjective, but come the ? on! Ghost worst album better than anything Banks made. And College Dropout and the Cool might be the best albums Kanye and Lupe made. I can't be the only one reading this.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    He's not on the poll but Fat Joe has a dope catalogue without having a masterpiece album.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada kiss

Quit trolling me Immobility. Everyone I know like it better than his first album.

I'm serious. His first album atleast has classics on it the second album is forgettable

And I know you did not just call me immobility
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Fabulous

I'm serious. His first album atleast has classics on it the second album is forgettable

And I know you did not just call me immobility

By your side, welcome to D block ,kiss of death, WHY, Air it out (Sprint jerking em)This album got better songs. It flowed better. Less bs and more real ? . And you like that one (Immobility)...