Options
    No pigeons>>>>>
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    I remember both....whats the point

Just a blast from the past.

I hear No Scrubs every once in a while but I haven't heard No Pigeons in years, but it came on Music Choice a few days ago.

I figured I'd post both of them.

I wonder what happened to the Sporty Thieves?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They used to play these joints back to back in the discoteque lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I hear No Scrubs every once in a while but I haven't heard No Pigeons in years, but it came on Music Choice a few days ago.

Yeah I heard no scrubs just last week but now I can't remember where the ? I was at
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Stop making threads bruh. Comment on 80's hip hop only.

This is what I can't understand; If people don't like my threads why do they click on them and tell me to stop making them rather than just not clicking on them in the first place?

If you can explain how that makes any sense I'll give you a cookie.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should start a youtube channel where you take folks down hip hops memory lane with all your reminiscing
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ahhhh 1999 good times i remember when No Scrubs came out u couldnt even look at these chicks cause theyll automatically call u a Scrub for no reason then Sporty Thieves drop Hiroshima on them and the female population with No Pigeon and it was over
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said you remember this like this was 82 or some ? who didn't remember these songs
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

You should really try this new search thing called Google, it's awesome you can literally look up almost anything:

The group contributed to the Rawkus Records 2000 compilation Hip Hop for Respect, a project put together by Mos Def and Talib Kweli to put out an EP recording 41 emcees in protest over the 41 shots fired at African immigrant and innocent man, Amadou Diallo, by the NYPD.

On May 11, 2001, group member Marlon Bryant Brando was killed after being struck by a car in North Bronx at the age of 22. It is reported that the driver of the car was intoxicated and swerving onto the sidewalk.[3]Marlon Brando is believed to have saved a bystanding child's life by pushing him out of the way.[citation needed]

In 2013 King Kirk released his new Sporty Thievz compilation album mixtape called "Cinema, Beats & Brawdz". In 2014 Sporty Thievz released their official follow up to their first album "Street Cinema Part 2".
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

You should really try this new search thing called Google, it's awesome you can literally look up almost anything:

The group contributed to the Rawkus Records 2000 compilation Hip Hop for Respect, a project put together by Mos Def and Talib Kweli to put out an EP recording 41 emcees in protest over the 41 shots fired at African immigrant and innocent man, Amadou Diallo, by the NYPD.

On May 11, 2001, group member Marlon Bryant Brando was killed after being struck by a car in North Bronx at the age of 22. It is reported that the driver of the car was intoxicated and swerving onto the sidewalk.[3]Marlon Brando is believed to have saved a bystanding child's life by pushing him out of the way.[citation needed]

In 2013 King Kirk released his new Sporty Thievz compilation album mixtape called "Cinema, Beats & Brawdz". In 2014 Sporty Thievz released their official follow up to their first album "Street Cinema Part 2".

@ the bolded. Well there's also a website called Allhiphop.com. You can ask a question on the message board and there's usually somebody that can answer it.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

@ the bolded. Well there's also a website called Allhiphop.com. You can ask a question on the message board and there's usually somebody that can answer it.

But for someone like you who literally all you do is ask questions you think a quick Google search that takes 10 seconds would be beneficial. Ah screw it nevermind I know most 50 somethings like yourself are set in their ways so carry on.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always used to hear that sporty thievz album is actually good I just never got around to listening to it
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always used to hear that sporty thievz album is actually good I just never got around to listening to it

Whoever told you those lies should be ashamed of themselves. That song was trash and nobody bought their album when they first debuted. ? 5 Granddaddy I.U.; I can take you on a stroll down memory lane!
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

I think The lead 1 got killed not 2 sure
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    You Ain't Gettin' Nadaaaaaaa from us
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Whoever told you those lies should be ashamed of themselves. That song was trash and nobody bought their album when they first debuted. ? 5 Granddaddy I.U.; I can take you on a stroll down memory lane!

"In 1998, their album Street Cinema was released on Roc-A-Bloc/Ruffhouse Records. The majority of the production was handled by Ski, famous for his work on Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt. It had a unique concept in which every track had its own storyline that could also serve as a premise for a movie. This concept would reprise a decade later on rapper Ludacris's 2008 album, Theater Of The Mind."

Don't tell me what you feel about the single I want to know about the album, because that sounds like something that could be dope
  • Rampage12
    Options

"In 1998, their album Street Cinema was released on Roc-A-Bloc/Ruffhouse Records. The majority of the production was handled by Ski, famous for his work on Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt. It had a unique concept in which every track had its own storyline that could also serve as a premise for a movie. This concept would reprise a decade later on rapper Ludacris's 2008 album, Theater Of The Mind."

Don't tell me what you feel about the single I want to know about the album, because that sounds like something that could be dope

Sounds like an overly ambitious artistic description for not only Street Cinema but also Theater of the Mind. Like all them songs for the ? on Theater of the Mind could be some premise for a movie. GTFOH.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RIP Left Eye and Marlon Brando
  • *~queenbee~*
    edited March 2017
    Options

"In 1998, their album Street Cinema was released on Roc-A-Bloc/Ruffhouse Records. The majority of the production was handled by Ski, famous for his work on Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt.

No shade; I actually like those particular songs on RD, but that doesn't mean I got to like Street Cinema. Some music producers try to add some versatility to their music because of the negative feedback from fans. Around the late '90s, most hip hop fans loved that jiggy/shiny suits type of music. Ski was probably a beast in that recording studio, but nobody gave a damn hence for why SC flopped like it did.
  • *~queenbee~*
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    RIP Left Eye and Marlon Brando

<3:'(
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

"In 1998, their album Street Cinema was released on Roc-A-Bloc/Ruffhouse Records. The majority of the production was handled by Ski, famous for his work on Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt.

No shade; I actually like those particular songs on RD, but that doesn't mean I got to like Street Cinema. Some music producers try to add some versatility to their music because of the negative feedback from fans. Around the late '90s, most hip hop fans loved that jiggy/shiny suits type of music. Ski was probably a beast in that recording studio, but nobody gave a damn hence for why SC flopped like it did.

Sounds like you're jumping to a conclusion without actually listening to the album, you've mentioned the singles and it flopping but nothing about the actual album, I've heard multiple times that it's "actually" good meaning no one believed the album would be any good due to their goofy singles but surprisingly it is
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options