Marvel's Iron Fist

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the show pretty good and just like anything else it has its flaws. None of the flaws are big enough to make me not like or watch the show.

Hopefully it will improve though.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finished it last night. Joint is solid, did it have flaws, yeah but all them Marvel shows do.

It's still better than Jessica Jones tho. 3/4 ain't bad plus there still The Defenders and The Punisher coming.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to need Daredevil and Iron Fist to fight before teaming up... Thor/Iron Man style.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danny can't touch Daredevil in anyway. Just finished it last night. Could've been better
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron fist (Comic)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron fist is a beast in the comics.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaan... I watched the first episode last night. ? was different, thats all i can say.

Not sure i like Finn as Danny Rand. I get that hes all bhuddist and spiritual, he just doesnt convince me of that ? . The fighting is so slow and clearly choreographed that its hard to take serious. Im still gonna keep watching but Im already a bit disappointed in the quality of this show. The villain is a ? too i want to see him die soon.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I'm convinced Danny became Iron Fist through white privilege. His homeboy was making ninja stars out of tin foil and throwing that ? into stainless steel and was also loyal to the cause - meanwhile Danny took the powers and dipped and still takes 5 minutes to beat up one low-level henchman.

he pretty much fulfilled some prophecy of a child born of fire... or something like that
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was surprised whenever Rand took a punch. He got hit in the back of the head by a nobody early in the series smh I was like yooooo Iron Fist can be caught off guard that easily yeah??
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm bout half way through and Ward and his pops are annoying af. Show is pretty average. I see why ppl complained about the fighting scenes. They are pretty lame. It seems so slow and basic. Like some ? I would've did in the backyard with the fellas. Dude playing Danny sucks. Ward and Joy are both annoying.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finn was a massive miscast Marvel dropped the ball not getting a mixed dude with martial arts skill. Colleen Wing ? on him in every fight and didn't look as rehearsed as his scenes. I blame the showrunner who is also behind Inhumans. I'm not instilled with confidence now due to this.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of you ? is buggin. The show is terrible. Some of yall just trying to go against the grain (critics) forcing yourself to like it.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wasnt bad but u can tell the show was rushed. Using stunt doubles for Bakuto. I dont think they had long enough to train. Hoping it improves next season. Idk if and of you guys watch into the badlands but thats a show that has really good fight choreography. Hopefully next season can be something like that
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I finished ep 8. Danny's annoying and corny and his fight scenes suck. His ? homeboy was giving him that work. So far colleen's swordfight with that chick from the hand is the best fight.

With that said, I like the show. It's obviously not on par with the other ones, but it's not as bad as critics made it seem. The fights are the part I dislike most cuz I expected so much more from a martial arts show. Colleen's fights are straight but Danny's are ass even down to how they're filmed cuz I feel like I can't really see what's going on. It's like they were trying too hard to hide the stunt double. If they clean that up for season 2 I'll be good.

And yall gon stop disrespeckin JJ lol that show was dope
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Some of you ? is buggin. The show is terrible. Some of yall just trying to go against the grain (critics) forcing yourself to like it.

Or we don't share your brain.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this show was Meh as fugg. I was disappointed in it, story just didn't move me and Danny whined like a little ? too much. I didn't care for Jessica jones but if it wasn't for the fighting in Iron Fist, I'd say I found the JJ storyline more interesting. Daredevil season one was gonna be a tough act to follow for any of them though...I also think the villain daddy dude actor on Ironfist would make an ill Freddy Kruger. Some of his ? expressions reminded me of Kruger.
  • Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They ? up on this one.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Marvel is killing it and all you crying ass ? in the Luke Cage thread talking about fight scenes. Well here goes a martial artist should be nothing but epic fight scenes

Nice to dream, huh?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harold is the best character on the show to me
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Harold is WAS the best character on the show to me

Fixed