For all my people here that DON'T have children.

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Imma just say this..lots of folks talking about losing their freedom ain't doing ? with the freedom they got. Y'all ain't all globe trottin, living some exciting life.

Children can give you purpose, and make you see life differently. It's a beautiful thing.

*Secretly regrets thoting w/o protection post*

I don't regret having a kid, I do regret who I had a kid with though.

I see folks feeling some type of way about my comment. Truth hurts.

And this is why I'm not in a rush to have kids cause I'll be damned if I have kids with the wrong person. That situation is all too common nowadays . I'm 29 years old I'm good on that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Imma just say this..lots of folks talking about losing their freedom ain't doing ? with the freedom they got. Y'all ain't all globe trottin, living some exciting life.

Children can give you purpose, and make you see life differently. It's a beautiful thing.

And this is why I'm not in a rush to have kids cause I'll be damned if I have kids with the wrong person. That situation is all too common nowadays . I'm 29 years old I'm good on that.

not something you can avoid 100%
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Im just waiting on marriage. I know too many of the homies with baby mama problems and I dont want my child going through that. And im not cool with the ready made families these women already have

I'm trying my hardest to not be with a woman who has kids. I'm 32 and it's getting more and more difficult to find a woman around my age with no kids. I just can't see myself getting with a girl who has kids.
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just waiting on marriage. I know too many of the homies with baby mama problems and I dont want my child going through that. And im not cool with the ready made families these women already have

I'm waiting on marriage too. I really don't want to be that stereotype of black baby mama.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you're over 25 with no kids then its obvious you've been deemed weak and natural selection has chosen to weed your lineage out of humanity

And even more humiliating for men it's nature's way of informing you that you have a small ?
  • Mr.LV
    Options

That is true, but both my Parents did it and I don't see why I can't.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

they were from a different era

women now don't think like your mom
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 35 I want kids but was doing it the "right" way.. it'd a blessing and a curse. I want my folks to have grandkids but I see how my friends struggle with child support and stress with baby momas... I may just say ? it soon tho and bite the bullet lol
  • aneed123
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I'm trying my hardest to not be with a woman who has kids. I'm 32 and it's getting more and more difficult to find a woman around my age with no kids. I just can't see myself getting with a girl who has kids.

We lost.... unless u date younger but that generation is so worldly.... we looking for unicorns...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

We lost.... unless u date younger but that generation is so worldly.... we looking for unicorns...

I just can't take these early 20s girls. Smh I don't have the patience, no matter how fine they are
  • Mr.LV
    Options

Oh I know that, that's why I'm pushing 30 with no kids in sight :bawling:
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

I just can't take these early 20s girls. Smh I don't have the patience, no matter how fine they are

yup, don't do it.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes freedom is just the ability to not be responsible for someone or have that constant worry that comes with being a parent.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Member 10 years ago yamps used to say "there's no good men left cuz they were all ? , dead or in jail" ? :joy: LOOOLLOLOLOL man how times have changed !!

What are they saying nowadays ??

he treats me like ? but at least he don't beat me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    for those of you on your high horses tom bout waiting to get married, you do know that if ya'll have kids, and ya'll get divorced, for whatever reason, she is now your baby mama too right? or is she the mother of your children b/c you put a ring on it?

let me know so i can see if i need to visit 2sides.com

yea....marraige stops nothing...

if it's a goal cool. but to think it's an answer....I got a bridge to sell you in brooklyn
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    for those of you on your high horses tom bout waiting to get married, you do know that if ya'll have kids, and ya'll get divorced, for whatever reason, she is now your baby mama too right? or is she the mother of your children b/c you put a ring on it?

You must've been divorced before, this sounds personal.

But you can look at the stats and see he has a point. My mother was married for 15 years and still ended up being a "baby mama". There are no guarantees in life.
  • aneed123
    Options

yea....marraige stops nothing...

if it's a goal cool. but to think it's an answer....I got a bridge to sell you in brooklyn

I feel u. For a lot of folk it's the moral code of how they may have been raised. It was put in my head no kids before marriage.... seeing how single parent homes impact the community it made me cautious.... but as I got older the realization that the world doesn't have that same moral code... nothing is written in stone.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Women from this era don't how to cook, are ? everything on dating sites, live on social media, and want to be like ? . Not to mention the old social diseases that linger such as daddy issues, depression, not wanting to take responsibility, being birds, etc. Some of these chicks are yamps, ? gotta be careful.

And that's why I'm going international. The day I decide to settle down, I'm gettin me an exotic beauty that hasn't been westernized. Not them mail order brides. I'm talking those local beauties. Think Michael Corleone in the Godfather 2.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

You must've been divorced before, this sounds personal.

But you can look at the stats and see he has a point. My mother was married for 15 years and still ended up being a "baby mama". There are no guarantees in life.

Never said he was wrong that's why I didn't bring up the word marriage in my 1st post. I know how this ? works.