2 Pac vs DMX

Options
power_wisdom
power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in The Reason
Theres many fascists to being a great mc. You have lyricism, flow and delivery, content, creative, story telling ability, song structure and being albe to create an album. 2 pac content was surpassed by almost none. He could rap about anything, which many people said made up for him not being super lyrical. DMX on the other hand was not lyrical either, but also had alot of music with content. He was very creative and a good story teller. And he could rap with any lyricist and not be out shined. They both have classics under their belts. I know their a lot of Pac fan on here, but I think DMX is a better MC. What do you think?

2 Pac vs DMX 31 votes

2 Pac
64%
sapp08_2001nawledge_godnex gingman82bless the childPanchoYoSanchoCapitalBCabana_Da_DonShizlanskyT. SanfordRickyRichTrillfateblackgod813Go figure5 Grandbck145KnowReasonForPeacetrendsetta1030Mr 202Nechesh358 20 votes
DMX
35%
a_listFocal Pointdouble0sugepower_wisdomJusDre313CeLLaR-DooR_God_KamPushMed1al_t0nebartek420Qpczyk 11 votes

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2 Pac
    Goin with Pac. Love most of DMX music but his last three albums were straight ass. With Pac he had the consistency album to album. Not countin those albums released after his death
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    Got go wit X
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    All eyes on me>dmx career
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    "Theres many fascists to being a great mc"

Hmmm what could be wrong here
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    I voted for 2Pac but honestly if X got shot and killed after his 3rd or 4th album he'd be on the same level as 2Pac.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I voted for 2Pac but honestly if X got shot and killed after his 3rd or 4th album he'd be on the same level as 2Pac.

Dont do that
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    X has the better catalogue of albums and better songs as s whole
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    DA DUN DA DUN
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    Not to take away from dmx....but he's not close to pac
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    DMX
    bck145 wrote: »

What did Pac do that DMX didn't or can't?
  • bck145
    Options
    2 Pac

Multiple classics..wider range..more diverse
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX
    DMX a better rapper and is near/level Pac on the deep, introspective ? so he gets my vote.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac
    Pac obviously.He was just more focus and reached a bigger demographic but DMX was Pac´s second coming if it was not for him Rap would have taken one to the chin.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX

In what way? If he's not doin' introspective, I don't really care. DMX can do way more
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Pac

man ? with that ?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk they both in my top 5
  • power_wisdom
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DMX

You do realize in 96 Pac was one of the few multi platinum artist who was in their prime and had an actual discography. Most of the rappers from 88 on to the early 90s had in the eye of many had fell off. Rap was very young and the career span of a mc was 2 to 3 albums or the first wack album. What ever came first. Kane had "fell off" , Slick Rick was locked up, Rakim had just had a weak album and people felt he was falling off, G Rap was on hiatus. LL was hot and cold from album to album. And KRS was dope but didn't have the sales other rappers had. Ice Cube was doing his thing, but like many mcs I just name only rapped about a certain topic. Pac would do many songs with different subject matter. So when he was killed, not only was he multi platinum which many other rappers were not. He had touched alot of people and was still in his prime and had a catalog. All the mcs that were getting attention or was in the spot light were only on the first or second album. Nas only had 2 in 96, Common had 2, Jay-Z had 1 Biggie had 1, Snoop had 2. ? only had 1 Red had 3. Quick had 3 and Ehit had 2 solo. So with 5 solo albums multiple songs with different subject matter, multiple hits and a hugh public persona, and millions of records sold, being the first major rapper to be murder would be enough to be given Goat. But in 2017 you have mcs that could do just about every thing Pac did and more with double sizes catalogs. If we are being truthful quite a few rapper surpassed Pac. It's only natural. Nas went on to have great subject matter, classic albums, sales, same with Common. ? have to understand its been 20 years. Hip hop has come a long way. Artists didn't stop growing after 96.
  • Go figure
    Options
    2 Pac
    Judging them respectively by their various subject matters, radio hits/club tracks, deeper catalogue cuts your casual fan never heard, lasting legacy/influence and terms of being an icon i gotta give it to pac.

But cant get mad at someone picking X. Its dark and hell is hot, flesh of my flesh, and then there was x i practically grew up on but pac had way more influence on the whole genre even today.

Imo this actually a good poll
  • bck145
    Options
    2 Pac

You do realize in 96 Pac was one of the few multi platinum artist who was in their prime and had an actual discography. Most of the rappers from 88 on to the early 90s had in the eye of many had fell off. Rap was very young and the career span of a mc was 2 to 3 albums or the first wack album. What ever came first. Kane had "fell off" , Slick Rick was locked up, Rakim had just had a weak album and people felt he was falling off, G Rap was on hiatus. LL was hot and cold from album to album. And KRS was dope but didn't have the sales other rappers had. Ice Cube was doing his thing, but like many mcs I just name only rapped about a certain topic. Pac would do many songs with different subject matter. So when he was killed, not only was he multi platinum which many other rappers were not. He had touched alot of people and was still in his prime and had a catalog. All the mcs that were getting attention or was in the spot light were only on the first or second album. Nas only had 2 in 96, Common had 2, Jay-Z had 1 Biggie had 1, Snoop had 2. ? only had 1 Red had 3. Quick had 3 and Ehit had 2 solo. So with 5 solo albums multiple songs with different subject matter, multiple hits and a hugh public persona, and millions of records sold, being the first major rapper to be murder would be enough to be given Goat. But in 2017 you have mcs that could do just about every thing Pac did and more with double sizes catalogs. If we are being truthful quite a few rapper surpassed Pac. It's only natural. Nas went on to have great subject matter, classic albums, sales, same with Common. ? have to understand its been 20 years. Hip hop has come a long way. Artists didn't stop growing after 96.

Haha so all these rappers fell off or put out wack albums...thats not pac's fault..thats their fault for not being on that level

In 2017 we haven't had another rapper who did what Pac did...i wish we would have more people make music the way Pac did
  • power_wisdom
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DMX

Haha so all these rappers fell off or put out wack albums...thats not pac's fault..thats their fault for not being on that level

In 2017 we haven't had another rapper who did what Pac did...i wish we would have more people make music the way Pac did

You missed the whole point. In the 90s Hip hop was still young. When you said who was the best, you didn't look at past rappers. It was about who was doing it right then. The media crown Pac the best rapper. Before he died, nobody said it, not even himself. But once he was dead, people took a look at what he had accomplished. And at that time no other rapper he done what he done. But there were mcs who were more talented out then. They just hadn't accomplished what he done then. Like Nas. Nas in 2017 has surpassed Pac. He rapped about everything from street life, the clubs, woman, balling, to social politics, Africa history, being married, having kids, while being super creative and making critical acclaim albums. Rapper are having 20 year old careers now. In the mid ninties Rakim was thought to be washed up. Now he's a Legend. You put him next to Pac and you have a discussion. But back in the 90s before his come back people looked at him like he fell off. People are looking at hip jop as a real music genre. It's not about who is the best in the moment. It's about who is the best in whole history to the present . Not saying Pac didn't deserve the title back then. But I think there are a few who really changed the game since then. And there are a few before Pac who didn't get the credit they should have gotten.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this a poll? For the people who pick DMX....why isn't he a bigger icon haveif he the same content and was better
  • Go figure
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2 Pac
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Why is this a poll? For the people who pick DMX....why isn't he a bigger icon haveif he the same content and was better

As far as being an icon it has to transcend time. Where Pac became a hip hop martyr so to speak, X is just a ? head.

Also Pac was seen as some kind of a conscious revolutionary, been in cult classic movies, career on an upward spiral. Someone ahead of his time and yet taken before he reached his peak.

Also people love a good tragedy story.

Dont see how someone who voted for X can make their case...it would have to be strictly music preference.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Dont do that

Dont do that

Wait he does have a point

Pac never had time to "fall off" or go batshit crazy like X did

He died on his best note...If X would died after 3 then I agree