East Region Round Of 64.... #2 Drake vs #15 Dave East (Drake squeaks by in a nail biter)

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited March 2017 in The Reason
2017 Best Rapper Of The New Millennium Tournament

The seeding was determined by votes, skill, popularity and achievements(no order). There was no right way to do this since we didn't have a lot of votes so if you're upset by seeding, I'm sorry.

Vote on whoever you think is better, simple. Voting ends at midnight ET.

61hb3uxg81od.jpg

East Region Round Of 64.... #2 Drake vs #15 Dave East (Drake squeaks by in a nail biter) 44 votes

Drake
52%
gns5th Letterinfamous114sr_the_freshmanvageneral08Ibexlamontbdctexasdaking88StoneColdMikeyShizlanskygemini86silverfoxxRickyRichKamPushMeCottonCitySlimBetaCashmoneyDux$tayRichROLLINBabaaavictory_kid 23 votes
Dave East
47%
[Deleted User]double0sugeachewon87LcnsdbyROYALTYqawshunbigbird_1HustleThaDonilledoutCJillestni99ainneBmore BoyBuilt 4 cuban linxOlorun22TrillfategenocidecutterListencloser5 Grandbck145KnowReasonForPeaceLouis Devinear 21 votes

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    This thread is gonna be good
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave East
    This is going to be an upset
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Drake
    I'm surprised Dave East is winning this. But I'm trying to be objective.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    I ? with Dave East heavy, but if he wins then this tournament is clearly ? based on bias opinions. No way Drake should lose this round bruh lmao
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    I ? with Dave East heavy, but if he wins then this tournament is clearly ? based on bias opinions. No way Drake should lose this round bruh lmao

Some ? who voted for east probably never heard his song but since hes going against drake they will vote for him . I like both artists so this a hard one
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave East
    RickyRich wrote: »

Some ? who voted for east probably never heard his song but since hes going against drake they will vote for him . I like both artists so this a hard one

You just explained it.

I have no idea who Dave East is, but I can't stand Drake.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »

You just explained it.

I have no idea who Dave East is, but I can't stand Drake.

Stop doing this dumb ? , just don't vote if you've never heard his music. It's childish as ? .
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave East
    We would've never heard of Drake if his ex didn't break his heart and force him to rap about it
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Drake
    I can break this ? ass tie right now.

Tell me why I shouldn't send Drake to Hip-Hop hell where he belongs off GP.

Drake obviously is the more accomplished artist, and biggest out of anyone, but if we go by that logic, then he clearly wins the East Coast bracket and this is a waste of time.

Dave East had the better album last year (Kairi Chanel vs Views). Dave East writes his own ? and has maintained an east coast vibe while doing it which is difficult in this climate. Dave East has a lot of room for growth where as Drake, its hard to calculate because of all the hands in his kitchen.

Give me an argument.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Drake

Drake obviously is the more accomplished artist, and biggest out of anyone, but if we go by that logic, then he clearly wins the East Coast bracket and this is a waste of time.

Dave East had the better album last year (Kairi Chanel vs Views). Dave East writes his own ? and has maintained an east coast vibe while doing it which is difficult in this climate. Dave East has a lot of room for growth where as Drake, its hard to calculate because of all the hands in his kitchen.

Give me an argument.

Oo ? n vote already
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Drake
    Sion wrote: »
    Surprised to see it's​ this close. The Reason HATES Drake with a passion but this is surprising dayum...

I'm surprised you voted for Dave East over Drake.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake

Give me an argument.

I'm one of the many who hate Drake but I voted for him.

I'm looking at this tourney like this, If a book about hip hop were to written from 2000-2017 would that artist be in the book. And for better or worse Drake would be over Dave East and it ain't even close.

If this tourney is solely about rapping skills then we need to start over cuz it's a bunch backpack/underground rappers that need to be in over a lot of these folks.
  • Stew
    edited March 2017
    Options

Give me an argument.

I'm looking at this tourney like this, If a book about hip hop were to written from 2000-2017 would that artist be in the book. And for better or worse Drake would be over Dave East and it ain't even close.

If this tourney is solely about rapping skills then we need to start over cuz it's a bunch backpack/underground rappers that need to be in over a lot of these folks.

We not starting over lol u had it right with your initial thought that's why I have Drake as a #2 seed. Dave East only got in cause of vote and skill alone, he has no accomplishments or the amount of work to compete with most ppl in this bracket let alone Drake. If it comes down to one vote I'll vote for Drake despite not being a fan.
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Drake

Give me an argument.

I see what you saying my ? but if we go by the bolded, then Drake is winning this tournament.

I feel like his discretions disqualify him to an extent because although its pretty much been solidified and proven that he use writers, the discussion on how you gauge him now against other artists has not been had.

The book you speak of is gonna have a big ass asterisk next to Drake's name. Dave East still has a shot to come out clean on the last chapter.
  • Stew
    edited March 2017
    Options

Give me an argument.

I see what you saying my ? but if we go by the bolded, then Drake is winning this tournament.

I feel like his discretions disqualify him to an extent because although its pretty much been solidified and proven that he use writers, the discussion on how you gauge him now against other artists has not been had.

The book you speak of is gonna have a big ass asterisk next to Drake's name. Dave East still has a shot to come out clean on the last chapter.

He's not gonna win cause that's not the only factor in this. I made the seedings based off of votes, talent and accomplishments. Clearly he's not going to win from 2 of those. He's got a ghostwriter tag on his name so I won't be mad if he doesn't get outta rd 1.
  • RickyRich
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Well damn at the polls
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gonna sit this one out.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    not the biggest drake fan but this one easy
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Come on y'all.. I don't ? with drake heavy but y'all know good and damn well drake is a better artist at this point. Maybe in a year we could revisit this poll.
  • Stew
    Options
    This ? is holdin ? up
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Drake
    Stew wrote: »

Give me an argument.

He's not gonna win cause that's not the only factor in this. I made the seedings based off of votes, talent and accomplishments. Clearly he's not going to win from 2 of those. He's got a ghostwriter tag on his name so I won't be mad if he doesn't get outta rd 1.

I don't have a problem with the criteria you set, I'm just sayin going by said criteria, it should be no surprise if Dave East actually edges this out because right now:

Votes (Most important) is a tie and based off board popularity.
    Skill is tainted in Drakes case so goes to Dave.
    Then popularity does to Drake.
    And achievements, which is also tainted due to the writers situation, is up in the air because ? have a legitimate argument to say ? Drake's trophies. I'm being dead serious here.

Like, is it really that blasphemous to get Drake the ? up outta here on round one, based off the criteria that has been agreed upon? Because the more factual criteria items which should be propping Drake up end up looking iffy in the light.
This discussion has been closed.