The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-kremlin-differing-explanations-kushner-gorkov-meeting
    WH, Kremlin Not On Same Page About Why Kushner Met With Russian Bank CEO

Did Jared Kushner’s recently disclosed meeting during the Trump transition with the head of a Russian state-owned bank concern business or politics? Depends who you ask.

All participating parties agree that Kushner, President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, spoke with Sergey N. Gorkov, CEO of Vnesheconombank and close ally of President Vladimir Putin.

While the bank and the Kremlin said Kushner held the talks in his capacity as the head of his family’s real estate empire, Kushner Companies, the Trump administration struck a different note, saying Kushner was acting as a campaign surrogate at the time.

In a Tuesday statement to Reuters, Vnesheconombank, which was sanctioned under the Obama administration, said that executives held roadshow meetings “with a number of representatives of the largest banks and business establishments of the United States, including Jared Kushner, the head of Kushner Companies.”

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov also played down the meeting, telling the Associated Press that “it was ordinary business,” and that the Kremlin was unaware of the meeting before it occurred.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer had offered a different characterization in his daily Monday press briefing. He called Kushner “the official primary point of contact with foreign governments and officials” during “the campaign and the transition,” suggesting the meeting was political in nature.

The exact context of that meeting is likely to come up when Kushner interviews with the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is investigating Russia’s interference into the presidential election.

Spicer said Kushner volunteered to interview “given this role” as the Trump campaign’s broker for international relations.

Kushner divested assets and resigned as CEO of Kushner Companies and as publisher of the New York Observer before joining the Trump administration. He retains some real estate holdings associated with his family’s real estate business, however.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/usa-today-trump-business-linked-to-russians-with-alleged-ties-organized-crime

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/03/28/trump-business-past-ties-russian-mobsters-organized-crime/98321252/
    USA Today: Trump Biz Linked To Russians With Alleged Ties To Organized Crime

President Donald Trump's companies have been connected to "at least 10 former Soviet businessmen with alleged ties to criminal organizations or money laundering," according to a report published Tuesday by USA Today.

Those connections came to light during a review of legal and government documents, court cases and an interview with a former federal prosecutor, per USA Today.

The White House referred USA Today's request for comment to the Trump Organization, whose spokesperson Amanda Miller called the allegations "entirely without merit" and said that the organization "never entered into a single transaction" with the individuals listed.

According to the report, the Trump Organization's business connections and the allegations against them include:

• A partner in the firm that developed the Trump SoHo Hotel in New York is a twice-convicted felon who spent a year in prison for stabbing a man and later scouted for Trump investments in Russia.
    • An investor in the SoHo project was accused by Belgian authorities in 2011 in a $55 million money-laundering scheme.

• Three owners of Trump condos in Florida and Manhattan were accused in federal indictments of belonging to a Russian-American organized crime group and working for a major international crime boss based in Russia.

• A former mayor from Kazakhstan was accused in a federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in 2014 of hiding millions of dollars looted from his city, some of which was spent on three Trump SoHo units.

• A Ukrainian owner of two Trump condos in Florida was indicted in a money-laundering scheme involving a former prime minister of Ukraine.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Angela Rye is going in on some smug conservative saltine on CNN right now...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    If they lowered the bar for Obama then that ? must on the ground for Trumpet

Nah they used it to make a cross to burn. 45 barely speaks and reads above a sixth grade level. Lowered the bar...? please if Obama had 5 kids 4 bankruptcies 3 baby mommas 2 federal investigations 1 failed university and 0 political experience; he wouldn't have even been allowed to fill out the paperwork to even run for president. ? joe

Bruh, that ? wasn't even a university, it was not even accredited/have a NY state education license. It was basically ran like "pay for these seminars and we'll mentor you by top real estate experts and we'll also get you hard $ lenders and apprenticeship".... It was a classic bait and switch!

We have an orangutan in office that had a straight up SCAM running for a decade and has been court ordered to pay 25+ mill back to the people he defrauded.

The fact people elected this POS to POTUS never ceases to amaze me..... but @ the same time, he's a pure con artist and there's so many ? out here, I see how the fell for it.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    gh0st wrote: »
    If they lowered the bar for Obama then that ? must on the ground for Trumpet

Nah they used it to make a cross to burn. 45 barely speaks and reads above a sixth grade level. Lowered the bar...? please if Obama had 5 kids 4 bankruptcies 3 baby mommas 2 federal investigations 1 failed university and 0 political experience; he wouldn't have even been allowed to fill out the paperwork to even run for president. ? joe

Bruh, that ? wasn't even a university, it was not even accredited/have a NY state education license. It was basically ran like "pay for these seminars and we'll mentor you by top real estate experts and we'll also get you hard $ lenders and apprenticeship".... It was a classic bait and switch!

We have an orangutan in office that had a straight up SCAM running for a decade and has been court ordered to pay 25+ mill back to the people he defrauded.

The fact people elected this POS to POTUS never ceases to amaze me..... but @ the same time, he's a pure con artist and there's so many ? out here, I see how the fell for it.

He's a white Nigerian.. ole Dearest Friend as CAC..
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

i thought yall said democrats and republicans are the same ?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stupid as ? trump tryna take down anything obama done and you know his stupid ass doesnt even know what half the ? hes taking out does, gives zero ? as long as obamas name is attached to it, ud think obama went and smashed trumps wife or something and now hes on some spiteful petty ? to get back at him
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    ? stupid as ? trump tryna take down anything obama done and you know his stupid ass doesnt even know what half the ? hes taking out does, gives zero ? as long as obamas name is attached to it, ud think obama went and smashed trumps wife or something and now hes on some spiteful petty ? to get back at him

His obsession with dude is not healthy. It's literally past the point of jealously.
  • playmaker88
    edited March 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lXRM2rg2Sc

they had a commercial about environmental protection movie(i was watching the challenge)/doc and played a part of this gem i busted out laughing
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Article 50 triggered. ? the UK!
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of y'all did any homework on Neil Gorsch? Yes, I know he's conservative.
  • fortyacres
    Options

it will be fine , its not as good as they say and its not as bad as they say.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

His mom was a short live head of the EPA in the Reagan admin... Rachel did a piece on that.. He will use religion as means to discriminate against those that dont fall in line with what they may believe in.. as far as business owners discrimination under the guise of.. Religious Freedom

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

We will just have to see. It just seems like total waste of time and money brought about by a selfish demographic who won't even feel the full effect of it in later years.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

His mom was a short live head of the EPA in the Reagan admin... Rachel did a piece on that.. He will use religion as means to discriminate against those that dont fall in line with what they may believe in.. as far as business owners discrimination under the guise of.. Religious Freedom

I was hoping he was more of a John Roberts type conservative although Roberts is conservative he just doesnt always rule in favor of the conservatives.

Kennedy and Ginsburg are getting long in the tooth I really hope Ginsburg especially can hold on a little longer.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/judge-andrew-napolitano-stands-by-british-surveillance-report-in-return-to-fox-news/
    Judge Andrew Napolitano Stands by British Surveillance Report in Return to Fox News

Judge Andrew Napolitano spoke on Fox News, Wednesday, making his first appearance on the network after pushing a controversial report in defense of President Trump‘s claims of wiretapping during the 2016 election.

Anchors Bret Baier and Shepard Smith previously said that Fox could not independently confirm the accuracy of Napolitano’s claim that the British intelligence service GCHQ facilitated the wiretapping. During Napolitano’s spot on America’s Newsroom today, Bill Hemmer noted that “you’ve had a few quiet days.”

Hemmer then asked the judge whether he was still confident in the story, to which the Fox judicial analyst said yes.

The American public needs to know more about this rather than less because a lot of the government surveillance authorities will expire in the Fall and there’ll be a great debate on how much authority we want the government to have to surveil us, and the more the American public knows the more informed there and Congress’s decisions will be.

Napolitano has been absent from the network ever since White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer cited his allegations in defense of the president’s claims. The White House was ultimately forced to (sort of) apologize to the United Kingdom after GCHQ called the charge “utterly ridiculous.”

• stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okWSXPxllw

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/msnbc-panel-gets-heated-sean-spicer-april-ryan-racism-sexism
    MSNBC Panel Gets Heated: 'You Don't Get To Tell Other People What Racism Is'

An MSNBC panel devolved into a shouting match on Wednesday as commentators argued about whether White House press secretary Sean Spicer's remarks scolding a black female reporter for shaking her head were racist and sexist.

"I think it was offensive, I think it was inappropriate, I think it was racist and I think it was sexist," political analyst Jason Johnson told MSNBC's Chris Jansing.

American Urban Radio Networks reporter April Ryan asked Spicer during his daily briefing on Tuesday about how President Donald Trump's administration plans to "try to revamp its image" amid congressional investigations, rampant leaks, media reports and self-inflicted wounds by way of Trump's tweeting.

In response, Spicer accused Ryan of having an "agenda" and told her to "at some point report the facts."

"Every single person who has been briefed on this subject has come away with the same conclusion, Republican, Democrat, so I'm sorry that that disgusts you. You're shaking your head," Spicer said. "At some point, April, you're going to have to take no for an answer with respect to whether or not there is collusion."

"The rhetoric and the behavior of this administration from top to bottom has demonstrated a lack of respect and a lack of consideration for people of color," Johnson said on Wednesday. "I'm not surprised and this seems par for the course for how they've operated."

"I think it's sad. I think this is not going to help our country," American Conservative Union Chair Matt Schlapp said.

He called Ryan a "friend" and said he has "deep respect" for her, but claimed that Spicer "allows her to ask multiple questions at every briefing."

"I think that was a moment where he pushed back and got feisty with a reporter who he has a very good rapport with on most days," Schlapp said. "This is not racism."

"You don't get to tell other people what racism is," Johnson, who is black, interrupted.

"You don't either!" Schlapp hit back.

"Yes I do," Johnson said. "Because you don't experience it!"

"You don't know what's in Sean's heart!" Schlapp replied.

Jansing tried to cut in. "OK," she said. "Let's bring it down a little bit."

Whitey loves telling black folks how they should perceive what's racist and what's not...
  • dasmooth1
    dasmooth1 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Options

That's what they said about Trump. Give it a couple of months
  • fortyacres
    Options
    dasmooth1 wrote: »

That's what they said about Trump. Give it a couple of months

The world still aint over and people are still here and moreover the constitution is being tested and is clearly working.

Brexit negotiations will take atleast 2 years and proper exit will be in 2022, so i just urge people to be politically cautious but not hysterical.