Marvel's Iron Fist

Options

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I think most people didn't understand that Danny never finished his training. He's inexperienced, that's why he can't control his chi and only could summon one Iron Fist.

They literally showed you that Danny was wack when Bakuto showed him footage of an old Iron Fist with two glowing hands stomping cats in the woods.

I think folks were so amped to criticise they missed the point.

Danny is a manchild, a fish out of water. It would be weird as ? for a dude to come into N.Y. after being gone 15 years and be street smart and hip. Time froze for him at 10 years old.

The show is literally growing pangs. He knows nothing about running a company but was put in position to do so. He didn't really know ? about being the Iron Fist either, which is why he was going back to Kun Lun at the end.

Also he was abused in Kun Lun and forced into being Iron Fist. It's a classic "He was doing what was expected" versus doing what he wanted scenario.

I think its a solid B- show. The acting was meh but I understood why Danny behaved like he did. It was a little too much of the Meachums (especially Ward's stuffy ass).

This show is a half step behind JJ because Kilgrave was awesome and JJ supporting characters were better utilized. i wouldn't have made it through that show without Patsy and Simpson or that crazy neighbor Robin (IIRC).

All these shows are having the same issue where they with hold the origin (and big bad) until the middle or the end. But nobody microwaved a villain like Luke Cage with that whole Diamondback thing. That ? literally came out of nowhere.

Yeah I got alla that, I just think they made the wrong decision. Shudda made Iron Fist the one of the four Defenders who was 100% in the kno'. Would have made exposition a lot easier and it wudda made more sense.

Even takin' into account that Iron Fist wasn't fully trained in chi, he was still trainin' in combat for 15 or so years and shouldn't have taken a single blow from these no names
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it was ok. Not great but ok

I think they ? nurse Claire in the defenders. She's the link between all of them so it would make sense as a way to bring them all together
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I won't be watching this any time soon or ever. Bring on Punisher.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think most people didn't understand that Danny never finished his training. He's inexperienced, that's why he can't control his chi and only could summon one Iron Fist.

They literally showed you that Danny was wack when Bakuto showed him footage of an old Iron Fist with two glowing hands stomping cats in the woods.

Danny is a manchild, a fish out of water. It would be weird as ? for a dude to come into N.Y. after being gone 15 years and be street smart and hip. Time froze for him at 10 years old.

The show is literally growing pangs. He knows nothing about running a company but was put in position to do so. He didn't really know ? about being the Iron Fist either, which is why he was going back to Kun Lun at the end.

Also he was abused in Kun Lun and forced into being Iron Fist. It's a classic "He was doing what was expected" versus doing what he wanted scenario.

I think its a solid B- show. The acting was meh but I understood why Danny behaved like he did. It was a little too much of the Meachums (especially Ward's stuffy ass).

This show is a half step behind JJ because Kilgrave was awesome and JJ supporting characters were better utilized. i wouldn't have made it through that show without Patsy and Simpson or that crazy neighbor Robin (IIRC).

All these shows are having the same issue where they with hold the origin (and big bad) until the middle or the end. But nobody microwaved a villain like Luke Cage with that whole Diamondback thing. That ? literally came out of nowhere.

Yeah I got alla that, I just think they made the wrong decision. Shudda made Iron Fist the one of the four Defenders who was 100% in the kno'. Would have made exposition a lot easier and it wudda made more sense.

Even takin' into account that Iron Fist wasn't fully trained in chi, he was still trainin' in combat for 15 or so years and shouldn't have taken a single blow from these no names

Again, this is my problem. had they showed ANY of his time there, some of his actual training, things woulda clicked for us as viewers. but then he wouldn't be able to justify his inconsistent ability. He talks about his training but he may as well have played hooky the whole time there.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well Danny has to struggle in order for the Hand to feel like a threat. Considering this trip to N.Y. was his first experience with the Hand he couldn't be in the know.

Claire knew more about the Hand than he did and it makes sense considering she was hanging out with Daredevil while Danny was in a closed off mystical city.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finished the show yesterday. It got better as the season went on and got a good amount of undeserved hate. I understand some complaints, but overall i thought it was a decent watch and Im looking forward to season 2.

Didnt care too much for the villain. Danny Rand has the finest chick though out of the netflix heroes.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna bring up Into the Badlands fight scenes compared to Iron Fist it's a damn shame..whoever did the Fight Choreography needs to be fired
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finished it. That boy Finn Jones been ? on TV two times in a row now, smh
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_on2cb7yKvE1u1kyq6o1_540.gif
    tumblr_on2cb7yKvE1u1kyq6o2_540.gif
    tumblr_on2cb7yKvE1u1kyq6o3_540.gif

I don't get it..

Watch jessica jones.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i'm five episodes in now heres my unpopular opinon, I think the show is good. its not great but its good.

"grant this humble servant one more favor"
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm five episodes in now heres my unpopular opinon, I think the show is good. its not great but its good.

"grant this humble servant one more favor"

I said the same thing 8 episodes in...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished it wasnt wack but it was the weakest Marvel netflix show
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching Enter the Badlands makes Danny and his Taebo moves look even more pathetic

and cs this, I just watched the first 2 episodes of season and Badlands put this ? to shame

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Haven't even watched this yet

You aren't missing anything and I get angry everytime I think about this show smh.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I was pretty upset they didnt show jack ? of Danny's training or his earning of the iron fist. They showed Dragon Eyes the very last episode, but thats it. Also Danny's delivery of some lines is just cringeworthy lol.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Also, Danny in this scene was cringey as ? .

That entire scene is ? Horrible..on some high school acting 101 class.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Best thing about this show is asain girl in her sweatpants and Rosario in her short shorts.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miscast like a ? smh
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Best thing about this show is asain girl in her sweatpants and Rosario in her short shorts.

Pics/gifs?