The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    shut ur corny self up, Russ my man but i stated multiple times Harden should get mvp.

coming from the J Wall wizard fan i kno u jus want the attention

Okay but you saying you stated in the past harden should get it is irrelevant since you just said he would not get your vote because he plays for Pringles. Which one is it famo?

If millsap was averaging a triple double right now he got your vote?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Hmm if Russell grabbed 3 more boards a game (serge, durant) he woulda averaged a triple double last year

Interesting

exactly , fact is russ been doing this for now a 3rd year..now now cuz he actually lost 2 athletic 7 footers he "chasing stats" he been doing this . y'all be group think on here

Harden would get my vote but the system he plays in is like steroid era in baseball. this ? Nash got 2 mvps back to back which puts him in rare company. but if you list the PGs from the 90s and early 2000s era....EVERYONE is taking prime Gary Payton, JKidd, Iverson, and Curry over Nash to start a team.

Idk about Iverson. Nash was 50/40/90 ill take that kinda of efficency any day.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah milsap wouldnt get my vote not gon front.

Harden gets it cuz he was top 5 before Pringles
    Nash couldnt even get Cuban to give him $12 mil a year and let him walk to PHX
  • Beta
    Options
    nah milsap wouldnt get my vote not gon front.

Harden gets it cuz he was top 5 before Pringles
    Nash couldnt even get Cuban to give him $12 mil a year and let him walk to PHX

So millsap wouldn't get a vote on the 5th seed hawks but Russell was getting praise on the 7th seed thunder but hey he has now willed that team to an astonishing 6th seed on the 10th best team in the league

But cool you voting harden that's good considering he did move to a new position and has been close to averaging a triple double himself and has multiple 50 point triple doubles to his name. Russell's performance last night put him in harden's company
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook isn't the only player that pad his stats everybody does it. So let not attribute padding stats to him..

And you have a ? who has getting cheap foul as a major part of his game as your mvp lol..

You got ? who says harden is in a system that allows outrageous stats but then says he's the mvp lol...

I put khawii over harden if we talking about wins and if we talking about stats then it's westbrook
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Westbrook isn't the only player that pad his stats everybody does it. So let not attribute padding stats to him..

And you have a ? who has getting cheap foul as a major part of his game as your mvp lol..

You got ? who says harden is in a system that allows outrageous stats but then says he's the mvp lol...

I put khawii over harden if we talking about wins and if we talking about stats then it's westbrook

You know who got wins and stats?

tumblr_oj6zi2ammg1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Nh lol

All 3 of them so what's your point lil ?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Its the first time in my life where I heard, hes so good his team loses because of it. I might need a break from the cheap seats

You might wanna take a break then.

I'm convinced everyone who is calling Russ MVP has only watched highlights. The way they play is not conducive to winning anything. It looks good but then what?

Basketball is a team sport and Russ plays 1 on 5 a lot. It's getting them wins here and there but he's sacrificing ball movement for stats. His play alienates his teammates.

How you avg a triple double and your team is 24th in assists? Something ain't adding up but I don't expect most of you to see that.

Just to compare Rockets are second in assists.

Man, ? it. I got time today.

So westbrooks game is not conducive to winning yet the Thunder are 43-31 tied for the 5th seed with that roster? Lets look at the top 6 teams in the west. You would be a lying ass ? if you didnt admit that OKC has the worst roster out of the top 6 teams.

So are you saying if Westbrook took 10 less shots and was shooting lets say 48% and wasnt stat padding his rebounds, and was averaging 23, 5, and 13, the Thunder would have a better record?

And I do agree that westbrook be stat padding. But just cause he forcing tripple doubles doesnt mean he not the sole reason his team even got 43 wins. It dont gotta be one or the other, it could be both. Other then like 3 superstars, if you replace westbrook with any other superstar, he not carrying the thunder to 43 wins. Harden aint one of them 3 stars btw. Im 50-50 with Harden on that. The Thunder might be as good if they had Harden instead of Westbrook, but i would feel 100% comfortable making that claim.

Plus some of you cats gotta read your posts outloud before clicking post comment. What the ? does he is so good he causes his team to lose mean? Yo no disrespect but I didnt read the rest of that post. You mighta dropped gems, but after you said that ? , i skipped the rest of that ? .

All this and Westbrook aint even my MVP. I got Kawhi, Harden, and then Westbrook.

Westbrook dont gotta be trash for Harden to get mvp man. They can both be good, and they are.

You said some ? ass ? bruh. Own up to it.

You're telling me OKC has a bad team? Do you believe that or did someone else tell you and you ran with it?

Russ
    Taj
    Oladipo
    McDermott
    Kanter
    Adams
    Sabonis (young but talented)
    Abrines (solid 3pt shooter)
    Grant
    Roberson (I honestly couldn't tell you why he's in the league)

There is A LOT of talent on that squad.

Hold on. You asked if Russ was more efficient would they be a better team? Do you not know how efficiency works? If he's shooting close to 50% that means he's throwing up less ? and looking for a great shot which would result in more points. How would they not be better?
    You literally answered your own question bruh.

Why settle for a Russ contested layup off the wrong foot when he can get a great shot from himself or someone else?
    Dipo is shooting 45% and 38% from 3 while Russ takes 10 more shots than he does. How is that ok?
    Nothing bad will ever come from ball movement.

I'm not bashing Russ at all. The ? is amazing but y'all throwing "triple double" out there without providing context. I love watching the ? play but it's frustrating too watch when it's easy to see OKC could be so much better.

Nothing I said was ? , reading is fundamental but if it doesn't come in the shape of a meme or a joke it goes over half you ? heads.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That roster you listed was garbage. I said compare the top 6 rosters in the west. You listed them cats. Proved my point. Complete garbage compared to the top 6 rosters in the west.

Didnt ask if Westbrook was more efficient. I said if he threw up 10 less shots, but was at 48%, would they win more.

Haha, yo i cant make this up. Son said all that about reading comprehension too.

? it though. I was interested in this convo in the morning but i dont care no more. We gonna agree to disagree.
  • Beta
    Options

You know who got wins and stats?

tumblr_oj6zi2ammg1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Nh lol

All 3 of them so what's your point lil ?

But you just said Russ had the stats and kawhi had the wins :/
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls swept us tonight.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hmm if Russell grabbed 3 more boards a game (serge, durant) he woulda averaged a triple double last year

Interesting

exactly , fact is russ been doing this for now a 3rd year..now now cuz he actually lost 2 athletic 7 footers he "chasing stats" he been doing this . y'all be group think on here

Harden would get my vote but the system he plays in is like steroid era in baseball. this ? Nash got 2 mvps back to back which puts him in rare company. but if you list the PGs from the 90s and early 2000s era....EVERYONE is taking prime Gary Payton, JKidd, Iverson, and Curry over Nash to start a team.

He lost those guys, now it's easier for him to jump over people and snatch rebounds, n now he's the undisputed 1 ball handler so of course he has more chances to force bad passes for assists. It b clear to see at times

N lol @ folks saying "everyone does it" in defense of Russ stat chasing. And "it's a cheat code" "he gets cheap fouls" to demean harden, they​ get to the line damn near the same amount of times btw
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kawhi should get MVP. He has wins, stats and he does it on both ends.
  • Olorun22
    Options

Interesting

He lost those guys, now it's easier for him to jump over people and snatch rebounds, n now he's the undisputed 1 ball handler so of course he has more chances to force bad passes for assists. It b clear to see at times

N lol @ folks saying "everyone does it" in defense of Russ stat chasing. And "it's a cheat code" "he gets cheap fouls" to demean harden, they​ get to the line damn near the same amount of times btw

Harden getting cheap fouls isn't anything new tho.
    I don't like watching that wack ? and if you that great you wouldn't need to do all that.

Russell and harden get to the line the same amount of time but different styles.

Y'all actually enjoy watching James play?
  • Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Harden
    Kawhi
    Russell
    Wall/IT/Bron

Real ? standings
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Im biased I think harden should win but any of the 3

Kawhi, Harden or Westbrook I can't be mad at
  • Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Im biased I think harden should win but any of the 3

Kawhi, Harden or Westbrook I can't be mad at

I won't be mad at kawhi or harden

Russell started out as a nice story but then turned into the choice of hypebeasts and I can't allow that
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah Cavs gotta do us that favor tonight
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    throwback thursday

C8MJIocXYAAdJa8.jpg

The best to ever do it.
  • Beta
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Nah Cavs gotta do us that favor tonight

I guess but I wanna see the Cavs to drop to the 3rd seed though

Bulls ain't making the playoffs regardless
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    throwback thursday

C8MJIocXYAAdJa8.jpg

Its shame TJ couldn't hold up in the league but I knew it wasnt meant to be, there were major concerns about his spine while he was being recruited

I can't believe it's been 12 years since he led us to the final four only to get sonned by Carmelo, Hakim Warrick and Gerry McNamar....I still vividly remember watching that game, Melo was ? all over us and the only person that was hooping for Texas was Brandon Mouton smh

Shout out to Royal Ivey
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't even realized the mvp won't be announced till after the NBA finals.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Tony Parker is so bad now

they gotta put Parker and Ginobili outto pasture.... Parker can shoot no more and misses his floater.... last night Golden St adjusted and packed the lane off of Parker and the Spurs couldnt score no more. What happened to Simmons?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting

Imagine a Robert Pack Francis Mark Price, Tim Hardaway, Kevin Johnson Marbury Baron Davis in todays league where their game was surpressed into being a distrubuter and is allowed the freedom Westbrook Harden Rose with thebulls Lillard Wall are allowed to day. Teams turned Francis off cuz he was too selfish yet that style is good today... perpective is something else