Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    is Kendrick still on Aftermath? he has no guidance with his song making skills. great ideas but just managed poorly. if this album is wack, then im done. no more chances. im gonna put him right next to Rick Ross in artist i dont listen to.

No one cares about DR Dre beats in 2017
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is Kendrick still on Aftermath? he has no guidance with his song making skills. great ideas but just managed poorly. if this album is wack, then im done. no more chances. im gonna put him right next to Rick Ross in artist i dont listen to.

Still Aftermath. I think Dre gives him creative freedom though. Same with Top Dawg. Its odd though because Dre hasnt been anywhere on Kendricks Last 2 albums. He did some producing on GKMC but they aint worked together on a Kendrick album since. Kendrick did a verse for the compton album but thats all.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Dre is listed as "Executive Producer" but who knows how involved he was.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Nah son. Just say the music aint for u. Period. And Rick Ross and him both make good music*shrugs*
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Dre is listed as "Executive Producer" but who knows how involved he was.

Dre was never invovled more than 10% of Kendrick albums.

Kendrick is an talent himself. Whole TDE Is unique
  • chompollet
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Top 5 producers DOA

1. Premier
    2. Havoc
    3. RZA
    4. Pete Rock
    5. Dr Dre
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat is dope. Sound like some old beats by the pound sh*t. song is straight, nothing special
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »

Top 5 producers DOA

1. Premier
    2. Havoc
    3. RZA
    4. Pete Rock
    5. Dr Dre

Dr Dre is number 1 out that list FOH. He's apart of almost every major hiphop movement
  • chompollet
    edited March 2017
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »

Top 5 producers DOA

1. Premier
    2. Havoc
    3. RZA
    4. Pete Rock
    5. Dr Dre

Dr Dre is number 1 out that list FOH. He's apart of almost every major hiphop movement

Premier done more for the game than Dre

& Havoc & his mobb deep production over Dre anyday

RZA Wu tang classics >> Dre classcics

Pete Rock overall >> Dre

Being listed as number 5 DOA should never be bad.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Agree to disagree
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really good video but I would be happy if i never heard that song again
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? slappin wit a couple 12s in the trunk. Good job Kdot.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said Kendrick have no guidance with his song making skills. As if there's no overarching direction

But let me guess...Lupe is hella focused, direct and consistent with his ideas

Lol
  • gemini86
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    ? said Kendrick have no guidance with his song making skills. As if there's no overarching direction

Lol

I don't listen to lupe. Only song I know is superstar
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol

Lol so u never heard Kick Push, Tokyo and Show Goes On???
  • gemini86
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

Lol

Lol so u never heard Kick Push, Tokyo and Show Goes On???

Oh yea I heard kick push. Not the Tokyo one though
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is the only greatest rapper of his generation. Period. Thats jussa fact yo. No rapper under 30 (including honorary youngbuck J. Cole) has earned that title more than K-Dot. Look no further than this #Humble joint for all the evidence you gon need b.. Yea I kno Mike Will Made It made the beat. ? you Mike Will Made It n ya corny ass name.. I actually still dont like you one bit but this record is haaaard yo. A song witta beat that sounds like it was made on a $35 Casio keyboard from 1989 aint spose to be this fire. ? sounds like what you might get if you unthawed a caveman n put a MPC in front of him nahmean. Had the Rae Smurfeder muthafuckas rapped on it Im sure the garbanzo beans nature of the beat woulda stood out to me more...but Kendrick went ? on it so he basically elevated it to Ambitionz Az A Ridah or Bridge Is Over level instead of some Cold Like Minnesota or U Guessed It ? . Name another rapper who could make this ? work.. n not jus for the little millennials thats allergic to quality music n anything resembling integrity or RESPECT FOR THE CULTURE...I mean jus regular ass muthafuckas wit good taste such as myself. This is damn near alchemy yo. "Sit down...be humble" is bout to be the slogan for 2017. When Agent Orange gets impeached n charged wit treason I hope CNN n MSNBC use this song as the opening music to every segment they do to cover that story namsayin. In the meantime Ima jus sit back n watch the young king play chess wit Big Sean whole career. This man really tryna monopolize the fire emoji yo.. Thank you #kendrick

Lmao
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is the only greatest rapper of his generation. Period. Thats jussa fact yo. No rapper under 30 (including honorary youngbuck J. Cole) has earned that title more than K-Dot. Look no further than this #Humble joint for all the evidence you gon need b.. Yea I kno Mike Will Made It made the beat. ? you Mike Will Made It n ya corny ass name.. I actually still dont like you one bit but this record is haaaard yo. A song witta beat that sounds like it was made on a $35 Casio keyboard from 1989 aint spose to be this fire. ? sounds like what you might get if you unthawed a caveman n put a MPC in front of him nahmean. Had the Rae Smurfeder muthafuckas rapped on it Im sure the garbanzo beans nature of the beat woulda stood out to me more...but Kendrick went ? on it so he basically elevated it to Ambitionz Az A Ridah or Bridge Is Over level instead of some Cold Like Minnesota or U Guessed It ? . Name another rapper who could make this ? work.. n not jus for the little millennials thats allergic to quality music n anything resembling integrity or RESPECT FOR THE CULTURE...I mean jus regular ass muthafuckas wit good taste such as myself. This is damn near alchemy yo. "Sit down...be humble" is bout to be the slogan for 2017. When Agent Orange gets impeached n charged wit treason I hope CNN n MSNBC use this song as the opening music to every segment they do to cover that story namsayin. In the meantime Ima jus sit back n watch the young king play chess wit Big Sean whole career. This man really tryna monopolize the fire emoji yo.. Thank you #kendrick

Lmao

Do this ? have an IC account? lol this ? jGUTTA I don't know if he still post or not but I could swore he dropped a Casio keyboard joke about somebody beat in one of the old Sample Flip threads lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bigghost is a lame white boy
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Lmao

No lie the more i think abt it kendrick really just pulled a jigga. Everyone knows sean is fond of saying lil ? and hold up hold up wait. He took them adlibs and made em a hot song lol. Smh i hope sean got a game plan cuz ? online already given him the L
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bigghost is a lame white boy

What? For real?
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like bougie hoes from Normandy and western.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol

Now Kendrick got no guidance. ? got two concept albums back to back.