Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope the Hardyz stick around for a while
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    It's crazy how Wrestling is script but Taker retiring has most of us feeling someway.

Taker the GOAT.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I always thought Bearer (if alive) and Kane would induct Taker but Vince might be the one to do so
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all hail Roman Reigns!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Man seeing him trying to get up and couldn't killed me so sad
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man seeing him trying to get up and couldn't killed me so sad

That ? had me laughing
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We all knew it was coming...still got us in our feelings

Roman was the perfect pick...again say what you want...but Roman putting Taker down is a big ass deal not just to us...but backstage too...has a lot less to do with selling merch and being pushed to the moon like ppl are arguing.

And everyone watching the match can clearly see the botches were on Taker and not Roman...as a matter fact Roman tried to save both spots by himself...

Anywho...that was a great Mania and Im glad I got to see Takers last match.

And personally I think the biz...the crowds...everythinh would be better if ? quit worrying about what happens behind the curtain bruh. Just let the performers put on the show and judge that. All this meta fandom is wack af. Thats why aint no heels and faces no more.

HHH was right...dont need to "officialy" turn Roman heel when the crowd already has.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    Options
    Woulda been better if he had that "smark tears" mug lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    a29xhby9yq7v.jpg

Mad disrespectful lol
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    I wish a chant of this is stupid would have happened during that ?

A u ? up chant would've been more appropriate
  • jono
    Options
    Excellent show. B+

Low points:
    ---Wyatt vs Orton was a MAJOR disappointment. It was just a terrible match, much too slow and a bad finish. HHH or Undertaker working slow is fine because they sell alot and it works in their matches but Orton...dude. i didn't mind the special effects, if it was only done once it would have been better though.

----Ending of the mixed tag/proposal (like homie said this isn't for the guys) but it still came off kinda phony. Miz & Maryse looked like goofs too. They got treated like Carmella and Ellsworth. No need for that.

----Andre the Giant MBR. Mojo Rawley. C'mon bruh. I'm glad the crowd was into it though.

The meh points:
    ---- Owens vs Jericho, it was what I figured it was going to be. Like the finish though.

----Ambrose vs Corbin. Ambrose has been a wet blanket for months now. This match should have been better but came off like a Smackdown main event.

----Mixed Tag Match. The build was the best on the card but the match itself was an expected MEH affair.

----Ladder Match. The Hardys definitely spiked interest. They spiked it so much I don't remember much of ? from the actual match.

----Women's match (RAW). Just...not really much of anything there. Weird to see Sasha get beat by a turnbuckle. Weird to see Charlotte get beat by an elbow drop...just weird in general.

----Women's match (SD) Rushed, told no story really but not bad.

----Entrances (most of the men). Rollins entrance was weird, real fire becoming LED fire and all that. HHH tricycle could have been cooler without the police ? .

High Points:
    ----Hardys. Obviously.

----Jeff Hardy Swanton bruh is 40, was in a ladder match the day before and still did a 20 ft ladder spot. Tremendous.

----Undertaker' retirement. Obviously.

----AJ/Shane. Match of the night. Shane wrestled a legit match, proving YET AGAIN that dude is an underrated performer. His offense consisted mostly of counters of AJ's offense but they were done smoothly.

----Shane's Shooting Star Press and Coast 2 Coast. Dude is above 45 and still got ups. He's a freak of nature. If his last name wasn't McMahon he'd probably get more respect for his talent.

----Neville vs Aries. Close second for MOTN. Good storytelling with the finish. I think Aries should have won but it was still great.

----Stephanie goes though a table. Unexpected. She wasn't a big part of the build so I didn't expect her to be a big part of the match and yet she was.

----Women's Entrances. The RAW Women's match had dooooope entrances. Naomi and Alexa had dope entrances too.

----Goldberg vs Lesnar. 4 moves in the whole match but it was still hype because those moves are ? OVER!

----Storytelling. Undertaker vs Roman wasn't a match, it was the last gunslinger being put down. They used kick outs as hope spots for Christ's sake. Roman did a decent job of being disrespectful and acting heelish while Undertaker is surprisingly excellent as a babyface in peril. HHH/Rollins was a match and while a little slow in some spaces it told a great story.

----The stage. Beautiful stage that lit up great at night. It gave an amusement park feel.
  • jono
    Options
    Will probably have to watch the ladder match again without marking out to get a good sense of how the match was but the Hardys being there made it so surreal that the match was a blur to me.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hardyz last night is auto-one of greatest Wrestlemania moments/returns ever. Super pumped I got to see it in person.

The misdirect with the New Day coming out in their gear was perfect too. Never seen so many grown men jumping around, screaming like little girls. And yes I was one of them.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    How much more impact would the underakers retirement have been if Roman broke the streak last night?
  • CJBachelor85
    CJBachelor85 Members Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much more impact would the underakers retirement have been if Roman broke the streak last night?

I think it would've been better. That's why a part of me don't understand the streak being broken at WM30. He comes back and wins against Bray at WM31 then against Shane at WM32?! Why not, that one loss on his record being his final match. But then again we don't know the whole truth about anything going on backstage because we are not creative, we are just fans.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    To place the hate on Reigns is dumb. He doesn't deserve it. Most likely Vince and Undertaker had a talk about it and they chose Reigns. What's Reigns supposed to do, say no to that opportunity?
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    Options
    To place the hate on Reigns is dumb. He doesn't deserve it. Most likely Vince and Undertaker had a talk about it and they chose Reigns. What's Reigns supposed to do, say no to that opportunity?

Too much logic in this post man

they wont accept it...
  • CJBachelor85
    CJBachelor85 Members Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea bruh. You know Taker definitely signed off on this one. Last match too. Taker and Vince (probably HHH) discussed about it and felt Reigns was the best choice. I can understand ppl' point on AJ Styles or Cena but this who WWE has been pushing for the past couple of years. He is supposed to be the face of the company for the next several years so who else would you want to end Taker's career...none other than him. Rather you hate it or not.

Ric chose Shawn
    Shawn chose Taker
    So it's obvious especially with his clout within the company that Taker chose Reigns.

But ? ....you never know bruh.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? what is wrestlemania gonna be like next year without the pageantry of an undertaker entrance. Never to hear that gong again. Damn man this sucks. Wish I went this year
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only issue I have w Taker/Reigns is that Reigns isn't experienced enough to carry Taker. He needed that. That's why this match seemed so weak.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ? what is wrestlemania gonna be like next year without the pageantry of an undertaker entrance. Never to hear that gong again. Damn man this sucks. Wish I went this year

He will do it one last time for the hall of fame next year

and Ill be there. Its in New Orleans next year...Im def going...already saving up for it