*~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    This is make or break for Wale man

What makes you say that

In my opinion Wale should be at the forefront with Kendrick & Cole cause dude can rap his ass off and is very talented. Somehow he hasnt managed to get there. Its like a high school basketball star who never reaches his potential once he gets to the A. The Album About Nothin was supposed to be a big album for him and it came and went.
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    Wale been slowly fallin off for a while now. I might not even listen to this ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree..

Wale needs to make this his dark sky paradise
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What makes you say that

In my opinion Wale should be at the forefront with Kendrick & Cole cause dude can rap his ass off and is very talented. Somehow he hasnt managed to get there. Its like a high school basketball star who never reaches his potential once he gets to the A. The Album About Nothin was supposed to be a big album for him and it came and went.
    Yeah I bought album about nothing and it was aight

But I don't think he'll ever be as popular as he was around Ambition era so
    Sion wrote: »

What makes you say that

Wale is in the same place Big Sean was before DSP and J.Cole before FHD. Like my brother in gods @IceBergTaylor said, it really is make or break for Wale. As much as I rip on Wale he is super talented and has the potential but I always felt his music structure was unorganized. Big Sean was determined to get over the loss of his girlfriend and grandmother, J.Cole wanted to speak for a time and generation that was reeling from social issues and growing pains. Wale needs an approach/direction IMO.

I want to see him win and that's rich coming from me. I always felt he should leave MMG they just don't have the machine to push his music to platinum status like that but maybe he'll prove me wrong.
    Cole was in a great space before FHD but I get what you're saying
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good ?

Sion wrote: »

What makes you say that

Wale is in the same place Big Sean was before DSP and J.Cole before FHD. Like my brother in gods @IceBergTaylor said, it really is make or break for Wale. As much as I rip on Wale he is super talented and has the potential but I always felt his music structure was unorganized. Big Sean was determined to get over the loss of his girlfriend and grandmother, J.Cole wanted to speak for a time and generation that was reeling from social issues and growing pains. Wale needs an approach/direction IMO.

I want to see him win and that's rich coming from me. I always felt he should leave MMG they just don't have the machine to push his music to platinum status like that but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Who the ? r u but a mod from Canada on a states hip hop site?? The last time I checked wale album flopped under the interscope shady white supremacy slave empire & wale got 2 gold albums on mmg...so how is he not winning?... Gtfoh wale will never b a plat artist & that's cool
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

I hope this album is fire. Wale is dope but he has zero hype an he could fail.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What makes you say that

Wale's album was better thanColes album that came out around the same time. He just dont have that same fan base it is what it is
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it is his make or break, it's his 2nd one, I thought ambition was make or break n he made it by far, then started a really slow decline, this to me is making it back on track or breaking. Last couple albums were ok but not great imo
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me he too focused on tryna make a song that's "in" or forcing wrestling references, hopefully that Cole song set him straight
  • gee757
    edited April 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

What makes you say that

Wale's album was better thanColes album that came out around the same time. He just dont have that same fan base it is what it is

Bingo.... Kendrick is on the machine under the EUROmath shady umbrella so his fanbase is bigger... & Cole is half white & wale raps that blk soul so of course Cole's fanbase is bigger.....Wale is fine where he's @ on a blk label getting that blk dollar on the blk market gold #Shine

• soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale in the same boat Joe Budden was. It's a common thing to just say "wale whack" without even listening.

It's crazy, I've actually seen ppl rocking to some of his songs m, but then turnaround and say he still whack
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk black women still love wale plus he gonna get those Nigerians bumping his album
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    seems like we trying to make this ? what he's not....i'm just gonna appreciate the music and not wonder why he's not out there like kendrick and j cole..I think his lat 2 albums were number 1...this ? isn't going to break him

with that said he really doesn't have a hit single that's in rotation...usually he got a junt that hoes are loving

i ? with running back but that fashion week ? kinda wack...and the momentum for PYT been played out...he would've been better off dropping that ? right now instead of last summer sense it was such a big deal to get that sample...I'm check for the album but he needs a single to pop at some point

and to think wale is going platinum is crazy...? not on that level
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

What makes you say that

TAAN is not better than FHD.

yea i thought he might've been saying the gifted was better than born sinner b/c no way is TAAN better than FHD
  • gee757
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    seems like we trying to make this ? what he's not....i'm just gonna appreciate the music and not wonder why he's not out there like kendrick and j cole..I think his lat 2 albums were number 1...this ? isn't going to break him

with that said he really doesn't have a hit single that's in rotation...usually he got a junt that hoes are loving

i ? with running back but that fashion week ? kinda wack...and the momentum for PYT been played out...he would've been better off dropping that ? right now instead of last summer sense it was such a big deal to get that sample...I'm check for the album but he needs a single to pop at some point

and to think wale is going platinum is crazy...? not on that level

To b a plat rapper u have 2 have a big white fanbase & wale is not aiming for the Becky Marshall shady crackkka Trump crowd.......Wale don't have the machine euromath stamp & he's not half white so he's not doing kdot & j Cole numbers
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really liked Attention Deficit, Ambition and most of his mixtapes but the rest of his studio albums have been underwhelming-forgettable

Based off the track listing I dont have much desire to hear the album but I'll probably give it a listen at some point

I thought Pharrell and Timbaland were suppose to play a big part on this album too?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All I said was skill and talent wise, Wale SHOULD be right up there with Cole & Kendrick when it comes to appreciation . I'm not talkin about sales
  • gee757
    Options
    Wale was the 1st & only rapper to perform @ a president state of the union address Kendrick & Cole can't say that... Wale is doing better than he ever dreamed of on mmg after being a slave on the shady interscope​cotton picking slave plantation...... Interscope had wale tryna to appeal to the shady Trump crowd wit Lady Gaga & that ? ain't him he had 2 get wit a blk label 2 b successful & #Shine