Dez Bryant Says Black People Are The Reason They Are Unsuccessful,Not White People...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/10/dez-bryant-says-black-people-are-the-reason-they-are-unsuccessful-not-white-people/
With the ongoing saga of former San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick still being job-less due to his National Anthem protest while lesser QB’s continue to be signed, everyone is coming out of the woodwork to give an opinion on it or an opinion on a topic that closely relates to it.

On Sunday, Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant took to Instagram to give his opinions on why he thinks black people in America can’t be successful and it has nothing to do with white people.

He went to talk about the times he was racially profiled, catching up with an old friend who chose the wrong path in life, and why other black people look down upon the ones who want to be sophisticated and black.

di704f9ae389.png

1tv92mdbk14c.png

snaejhaucl15.png

q8qztlrwc36q.png

socov5df4i4t.png

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Yall still want athletes to speak up or naw?

Yes
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't disagree with what he said.

Also, that excerpt has that ? life story sounding like a Donald Goines novel. He got every excuse in the book to have a ruined life, but he turned out alright.

Can't be mad.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    What his wife look like?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come nobody talks about the systemic racism that got black people to this point? Tell these crackers to give us reparations and then in 100 years if we still in the same position then we can put more of the blame on black people
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is part of the reason I don't understand why people take what many of these athletes and entertainers seriously. They live in a different world than the average black people, so they are just out of touch. Their life experiences have led them to believe that working hard alone can make anyone successful. They don't really see the other side.

Many don't but a few do.

I used to live next door to an NFL player. I won't name drop but he's a cool dude who comes from a big ass family. Regular down to earth guy who wasn't even flashy considering the money he gets. When other players came through they used to mob out to different cities and throw around footballs with kids at the parks in the hood and make a point to get black kids involved. This dude ain't no ? .

Can't always judge a book by its cover. They do live in a bubble though once the season starts it's a 24/7 lifestyle. I can see how some get out of touch if they don't have regular ppl around them to keep them grounded.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    While it definitely has elements of truth... When ? say ? like this they always come off as if they are mouth pieces for white supremacy.. Your message should be for those that could gain fro it not for.. The outsiders.. Personal responsibility and accountability is paramount. He could have made a great point by not even mentioning white people just say something to the affect.. That people who make bad choices are destined to have bad results.. and tha wouldnt have put all black people in the same basket.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    But you some of you overlooked how he said his homeboy wanted to do better for himself. Does Dez sound like he out of touch? Yes he does. But we can't get mad when someone else try or our own define our blackness because we don't have or show a particular stereotype to fit there narrative.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imma come back in this thread cuz y'all don't know what the hell y'all talking about
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp
    i know what they'll be talking about on first take for 40 minutes today
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Idgaf about what an athlete says. Mfs can take Colin's shine all they want. He shook those shackles and now he's "paying the consequences" but something tells me he sleeps better than the mfs that have shunned him.

There's a moral code that comes along with being a man. Bryant took the Bill Cosby route. Soon as you turn on your own kind you become open for all attacks. Homie better check himself. Just because he "made it out" doesn't give him any right to condescend to others that haven't.

I'm not gonna say he's a ? . His message is just full of error.

maybe I missed something but what did he say that was condescending?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I don't disagree with what he said.

Also, that excerpt has that ? life story sounding like a Donald Goines novel. He got every excuse in the book to have a ruined life, but he turned out alright.

Can't be mad.

these ? don't get it.

like you said, he had every reason....but he used his gift to make something of himself. no he's not the average person as far as physical attributes, but take that away...then he wouldn't be playing ball.

now only if the people coming down on him can harness that same energy into there gift...then maybe they will see why he says this.

I'm ready to fight