Dez Bryant Says Black People Are The Reason They Are Unsuccessful,Not White People...

Options

Comments

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I watched this earlier today and I clapped for'em.

I wanted to post the whole segment from YouTube, but it hasn't been uploaded yet.

When it comes to talking about black issues, I have no problem w/ Shannon speaking for me or the black delegation. He brings the flamethrower out airtime!!
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Smh at an athlete comparing his success to a regular person.

Imagine if that inarticulate ? had to use his mind instead of athleticism to make a living, he'd change his tune

but why bash him for understanding his mind won't get him anywhere....so use his body.

so now ? who find there calling is a bad thing?
    Why is he bashing ppl who arent as blessed as he is?

He shouldn't be uttering Anything a bigot/white supremacist would cosign and retweet... how soon we forget that before he got drafted the white media slandered the ? outta him in attempts to ? his draft stock aka money. Allegations of his mother being a crackhead were at the forefront of his draft status. Now the ? rich and wanna act brand new, foh

But in his mind it was Black people trying to bring him down and ruin him.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? Dez Bryant and every one ? with him for saying that ? .

Him saying that ? in the context surrounding the statement, as well as the racial climate we are living in is GARBAGE.

ive said it before. Even in todays world with all of the information at our fingertips, white people; while being the world minority still control this whole ? for one reason. THEY HAVE A HIVEMIND THAT PROTECTS INTEREST OF WHITE SELF PRESERVATION.

We concerned about if he has a point. Im weak.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't think he is totally excusing the other issues that face blacks. I think his point is, as a black person. You statically deal with others blacks more than whites. At times you have to over come strife by the hands of your own moreso than that of white people.

It's sort of you guys argument of black on black crime. Where you say people in closer vicinity of each other are more likely to commit crimes against each other.

He's sorta saying the same but it's not crime, its cultural pressures and angst

83bnt4io87dk.png

I get what he's saying but he's not saying it well, and so ya know...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I watched this earlier today and I clapped for'em.

I wanted to post the whole segment from YouTube, but it hasn't been uploaded yet.

When it comes to talking about black issues, I have no problem w/ Shannon speaking for me or the black delegation. He brings the flamethrower out airtime!!

i swear i ? wit Shanon..

AND he rep LeBron!!!?!?
    GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!!!! lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Man ? Dez Bryant and every one ? with him for saying that ? .

Him saying that ? in the context surrounding the statement, as well as the racial climate we are living in is GARBAGE.

ive said it before. Even in todays world with all of the information at our fingertips, white people; while being the world minority still control this whole ? for one reason. THEY HAVE A HIVEMIND THAT PROTECTS INTEREST OF WHITE SELF PRESERVATION.

We concerned about if he has a point. Im weak.

was jus talkin to my one younger cousin who chooses to listen to me and was tellin him this..

? need to realize its a collective of people who put they minds together to oppress u..
    its go take an opposing collective to liberate u..

it truly takes a villiage..
    but i feel ? go to the extreme and try to include EVERY ? ..

nah.. get wit those who share ur desire and share ur ideas commitment and diligence.. others will come once u biuld it.. but they need to understand that because they wasnt there at the bottom they'll never see the top but least they in the buildin..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Smh at an athlete comparing his success to a regular person.

Imagine if that inarticulate ? had to use his mind instead of athleticism to make a living, he'd change his tune

but why bash him for understanding his mind won't get him anywhere....so use his body.

so now ? who find there calling is a bad thing?
    Why is he bashing ppl who arent as blessed as he is?

He shouldn't be uttering Anything a bigot/white supremacist would cosign and retweet... how soon we forget that before he got drafted the white media slandered the ? outta him in attempts to ? his draft stock aka money. Allegations of his mother being a crackhead were at the forefront of his draft status. Now the ? rich and wanna act brand new, foh

That's the point in a nutshell
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever said dez wasnt succesful ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The crab natural habitat is not a bucket. Then America is not our natural habitat but an artificial environment meant to capture us and detain us while we develop Stockholm Syndrome. Ecology and psychology is vital in understanding why black Americans aren't doing so hot in America and history as well.

imma stop you there.
    black Americans are doing very well considering the circumstances an history.

the problem is not enough are doing well.

we have the ability to take over an sweep this country from under cacs. not saying this will be easy at all. we must believe in ourselves more.

Most black people don't know how to do well and that is an issue. We are doing good, but as you said not good enough. We are still swimming in a artificial environment that was not made for us. Most people aren't going to rise as fast as others. It's a process and a very slow one. We are only 50 years removed from Jim Crow and 150 years removed from slavery and if you study history we are moving quite fast. Europe didn't rise until about a 1000 years after the fall of Rome start moving at a fast pace. In 200 or 300 year we'll be way ahead of the game.

so you said all that to agree with me....lol

but some want to do better and some don't....I think it leans too far in the wrong direction.

just my opinion

Nah, you're acting like it should happen much more quickly and rapidly, but the psychological traumas are here and still here and we are slowly assimilating with them at a much quicker rate than actually progressing as a unit.

see...this is where people usually get me confused...

I work at high levels with white people. this is...they ? hell.

on the flip side, I am from the hood. slit of people there are smart as fukk.

the difference is one person us not convinced they are smart enough and the other wants you to prove they are not smart enough.

we gotta stop with this conditioning ? .

we do that to each other.

that type thinking comes from aint ? parents. passing aint ? ideas down.

kids pick up on ? an take it to heart.

we have obstacles, yes. but that doesn't mean success is out of reach.

he's a sell out
    he's a cornball
    he talks white
    he acts white
    he wanted to live around white people
    he wants that white education

ask any black male who is doing the damn thing and I am sure he has heard one of them at some point.
    crazy because successful black women dint get the same type heat or need to prove their blackness.

cmon man...I live what your trying to get at.

Do you know how psychological roots take to fix? Most people globally do not defeat inner childhood trauma, it's usually irreversible without high level of psychological treatment, it's your bodies reaction from being wiped out, self preservation which could also lead to a species downfall. Best thing to do is to promote healthy psychological treatment in order to bring people out of their darkness.

i hear what you trying to say....I just don't agree to an extent.
    I personally think the wrong thing is pushed to our black kids.

but it's crazy because the not wanting to try can be turned on and off.

hear me out.

? will go relentlessly after a phat ass, nudes, taking a ? chick.

but that same effort is not present when told to step up to better their self.....please dint take this as all black people...just a small example.

but anyway....it is controllable... care to dispute this
    @Ajackson17

It is controllable definitely, but you to combat this you'll need to understand psychologists and there are plenty of black psychologists working on this as we speak. Then you'll need your historians, then you'll need your business men as such as yourself and other fields of expertise to combat this and work as a conglomerate. It'll take a lot of thinking and resources and working to completely attack this, but we need something beyond the NCAAP and other black organizations that are specifically for black people.

or have more positive black american males around.

a positive man can make a world of difference in a child's life.

Positive black men and women. You need both, but we have to define what's positive and what's negative as well. That's when we get in what I always say we need to define our culture that is from New York to Los Angeles, everything else is sub-culture, but the main culture needs to be defined what we value as positive and what we value as negative. A black man with a degree, his own house, good job, clean, church goer but could be very misogynistic and against our African roots. In a way he could be very damaging in a lot of other ways as well. We have to think very critically.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    The crab natural habitat is not a bucket. Then America is not our natural habitat but an artificial environment meant to capture us and detain us while we develop Stockholm Syndrome. Ecology and psychology is vital in understanding why black Americans aren't doing so hot in America and history as well.

imma stop you there.

we have the ability to take over an sweep this country from under cacs. not saying this will be easy at all. we must believe in ourselves more.

Most black people don't know how to do well and that is an issue. We are doing good, but as you said not good enough. We are still swimming in a artificial environment that was not made for us. Most people aren't going to rise as fast as others. It's a process and a very slow one. We are only 50 years removed from Jim Crow and 150 years removed from slavery and if you study history we are moving quite fast. Europe didn't rise until about a 1000 years after the fall of Rome start moving at a fast pace. In 200 or 300 year we'll be way ahead of the game.

but some want to do better and some don't....I think it leans too far in the wrong direction.

just my opinion

Nah, you're acting like it should happen much more quickly and rapidly, but the psychological traumas are here and still here and we are slowly assimilating with them at a much quicker rate than actually progressing as a unit.

the difference is one person us not convinced they are smart enough and the other wants you to prove they are not smart enough.

he's a sell out
    he's a cornball
    he talks white
    he acts white

ask any black male who is doing the damn thing and I am sure he has heard one of them at some point.
    crazy because successful black women dint get the same type heat or need to prove their blackness.

Do you know how psychological roots take to fix? Most people globally do not defeat inner childhood trauma, it's usually irreversible without high level of psychological treatment, it's your bodies reaction from being wiped out, self preservation which could also lead to a species downfall. Best thing to do is to promote healthy psychological treatment in order to bring people out of their darkness.

hear me out.

but that same effort is not present when told to step up to better their self.....please dint take this as all black people...just a small example.

@Ajackson17

It is controllable definitely, but you to combat this you'll need to understand psychologists and there are plenty of black psychologists working on this as we speak. Then you'll need your historians, then you'll need your business men as such as yourself and other fields of expertise to combat this and work as a conglomerate. It'll take a lot of thinking and resources and working to completely attack this, but we need something beyond the NCAAP and other black organizations that are specifically for black people.

Positive black men and women. You need both, but we have to define what's positive and what's negative as well. That's when we get in what I always say we need to define our culture that is from New York to Los Angeles, everything else is sub-culture, but the main culture needs to be defined what we value as positive and what we value as negative. A black man with a degree, his own house, good job, clean, church goer but could be very misogynistic and against our African roots. In a way he could be very damaging in a lot of other ways as well. We have to think very critically.

THATS the problem wit "black culture" right there..
    moreso then "misogynistic and against our African roots."

but yall aint tryin to hear me tho..
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wild the issues that European colonialism have wrought upon the world hundreds of years later.

Sometimes I wonder how the cultural landscape of the world would be if Africa or Asia made the decision to rapidly expand.

Probably not much different just the same situation we have now except white lives matter signs.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

imma stop you there.

just my opinion

he's a sell out
    he's a cornball
    he talks white
    he acts white

hear me out.

@Ajackson17

They are rooted in the same. But misogyny is a huge problem and just up there with the church. That's discrimination on black women and there are more of them than us. And they are the biggest organizers of police brutality. So that could just be as harmful as the church can be in especially to black men's favor.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    It's wild the issues that European colonialism have wrought upon the world hundreds of years later.

Sometimes I wonder how the cultural landscape of the world would be if Africa or Asia made the decision to rapidly expand.

Probably not much different just the same situation we have now except white lives matter signs.

They wouldn't even been as witty to do that, it'll probably be on their own hands type of deal. When they first arrived in what would be later called Baltimore they were dying and there was so much vegetation and food to eat, but couldn't survive a SUMMER there until the natives taught them how to. Europeans really wold have died off and be very few of them today. Their whole survival is on the backs of everyone globally.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is systematic racism, but we as a group still have no grasp financial literacy in this country and how to build generational wealth. I truly believe our problem as a people is more financial base more than anything else. Just generation after generation of poverty and not establishing ? to leave for the next generation.

You're suppose to do better than your parents imo. Build on what they did.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

imma stop you there.

just my opinion

he's a sell out
    he's a cornball
    he talks white
    he acts white

hear me out.

@Ajackson17

They are rooted in the same. But misogyny is a huge problem and just up there with the church. That's discrimination on black women and there are more of them than us. And they are the biggest organizers of police brutality. So that could just be as harmful as the church can be in especially to black men's favor.

I disagree

Misogyny is ?

Women have so much power and no clue how to collectively leverage it

Black men ain't misogynistic. Ain't even in our DNA. When we were kings, there were equal Queens who held their own kingdoms

Black men are on the defensive cause we getting it from all angles. There is no us vs. them battle going on but people keep trying to speak it into existence.

Misogyny is some ? ? so you know where it came from. @zzombie
  • SolemnSauce
    edited April 2017
    Options
    They ain't ready Dez, I feel ya tho brotha. I get what he's saying, agree with the sentiment. I understand why some people are angry about what he said. And the world keeps on spinning round and round.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They ain't ready Dez, I feel ya tho brotha. I get what he's saying, agree with the sentiment. I understand why some people are angry about what he said. And the world keeps on spinning round and round.

esopyod2uydu.gif
    Cho ass Up
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »

esopyod2uydu.gif
    Cho ass Up

Don't make me make you look stupid