How Would You Feel About Jadakiss or Fabolous Getting Help to Craft a Classic Album

Options
The Recipe
The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in The Reason
You hear rumors about Snoop having help creating the masterpiece known as ? . I was curious how hip hop heads would feel about Jadakiss or Fabolous getting help at this point in their career to craft a classic album.

Considering they are held in the highest regard as far as lyricist are concerned, but neither have ever truly delivered a masterpiece. I'm talking ghostwriters, songwriters, cats helping with concepts, 6 to 7 ? per song on album credits etc I'm talking extremes, like Kanye West, Dr Dre status.

I know they probably never would go this route because of their pride and integrity as MC's but as a fan of these two in particular how would you feel if they went this route, crafted a masterpiece and it sounded true to who they have always been?

How Would You Feel About Jadakiss or Fabolous Getting Help to Craft a Classic Album 23 votes

Yes, I would love to hear a great body of work "from them"
65%
youngnickthe ghostnex ginemaculategman82bless the childblue_londonCeLLaR-DooRits....JOHN Bgemini86Lou CypherRickyRichmanofmorehouse#1hiphopjunki3KingLuciano 15 votes
No, Im good they have done enough or I would not want them to go that route
26%
kj_da_midwest_mobstadnyce215illedoutL3NUnumbaz...80's babyTsotsi Cape Town 6 votes
Other
8%
power_wisdomKnowReasonForPeace 2 votes

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Cain has always helped los an styles an sheek has always helped kiss
    They ain't got it n em 4 classic
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ any of them having a Classic
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada albums are getting better and better to me. As for fab, he got worse that ? garbage now. There's no hope
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    They need better beat selection and better concepts. That's it. Someone to pick what goes where and whats leftout. DJ Clark Kent said he wanted to help both of them put out a classic.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jadakiss already made a classic it's called kiss of death.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean, get help as in someone to help pick beats and concepts and throw ideas is cool.

6-7 cats writing songs though? I cant rock with that.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    I know Jada would have to stop talking that top 5 dead or alive if he's pulling a Drake quentin Miller on ?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at thinking they haven't already.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    I know Jada would have to stop talking that top 5 dead or alive if he's pulling a Drake quentin Miller on ?

you bringing up two people that have nun to do with the discussion stay on topic ?
  • gee757
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lol at thinking they haven't already.

Pull up kiss qm reference trax & it's a wrap for that top 5 dead or alive talk
    RickyRich wrote: »

you bringing up two people that have nun to do with the discussion stay on topic ?

? u Canadian culture vulture outsider drakie the thread is describing ya favorite Canadian Milli vanilli ? gaawd rapper & his GHOSTWRITERS situation
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some rappers just aren't music ? . No shame in it
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand the question and the poll tbh
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The talent is there for both of them. As much hate as ? got for Fab, he's proven that he's a beast on the mic and has crossover appeal. His mixtapes are fire, which means he just needs someone to help with constructing beats and a concept. Him and jada can produce classics
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Im good they have done enough or I would not want them to go that route

Shut the ? up you crackhead

Nah Jadakiss and Fab need a dope executive producer like it's been mentioned already, concepts, ideas and most definitely beat selection and stop tryna chase that trap sound
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People underestimate what a good Producer/Executive Producer can do for an album. Of course it takes a lot of talent from the rapper/artitst as well, but sometimes a lot of these great rappers/artists could use someone to help with guidance of how the album should sound and feel.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    People underestimate what a good Producer/Executive Producer can do for an album. Of course it takes a lot of talent from the rapper/artitst as well, but sometimes a lot of these great rappers/artists could use someone to help with guidance of how the album should sound and feel.

Word to rick rubin

Hes responsible for the outcome of a lot of artists/groups sound on lots of albums in diff genres

Everyone gets help........everyone
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I wonder what would have happened if he/they stayed with Bad Boy? With Biggie and Ma$e gone The Lox could have been Bad Boy's flagship artist. They could have had the same marketing and promotion that Black Rob got.

2. Maybe Jadakiss and Fabulous could do an album together.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

c/s. I think both are dope lyricists, but I don't think either is capable of crafting a classic w/o the right team.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ any of them having a Classic

N big gip got classics
  • The Recipe
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I don't understand the question and the poll tbh

The poll was kinda an after thought for the ? that say "you should have made a poll".
  • gee757
    Options

Shut the ? up you crackhead

Nah Jadakiss and Fab need a dope executive producer like it's been mentioned already, concepts, ideas and most definitely beat selection and stop tryna chase that trap sound

U ? u outsider Canadian drakie ? r u ? even reading the opening post?
    The Recipe wrote: »
    I'm talking ghostwriters, 6 to 7 ? per song on album credits etc, I'm talking Kanye West, Dr Dre status.

or r u 2 ? Canadian drakies just coming n here begging for my attention typin dumb ? ??? If u got a qm u can't b top 5 or a hip hop great like j
  • The Recipe
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1. I wonder what would have happened if he/they stayed with Bad Boy? With Biggie and Ma$e gone The Lox could have been Bad Boy's flagship artist. They could have had the same marketing and promotion that Black Rob got.

2. Maybe Jadakiss and Fabulous could do an album together.

Didnt they do a tape Freddy and Jason or something like that?
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    If they are lyricists why would they need ghostwriters?

They need songwriters

Yeap couldn't think of everything last night thats why I settled for etc lol.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Word to rick rubin

Hes responsible for the outcome of a lot of artists/groups sound on lots of albums in diff genres

Everyone gets help........everyone

Word to Red Hot Chili Peppers. George clinton did good producing them, but Rick Ruben took them to another level. Their newest album has Danger Mouse taking over as producer which made a nice switch, I still think their work with Ruben was better though.