If Hip Hop Ended Tomorrow Would Lil Wayne Be Top 10 DOA?

Options

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No
    Common
    Nas
    Jay
    Big
    Pac
    Scarface
    Big Boi
    Andre 3000
    Black Thought
    Rakim

That's not my official top 10 or anything but there's 10 of the top of my head.

@ people who voted yes, who are you kicking off to make space for Wayne?
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Tha original carter3 woulda been a classic
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Yes
    Ya'll trippin, Lil Wayne rap Iverson, no chips, but he pulled off some pretty amazing feats.. For his stature.. I mean Wayne had some greatness in him, but top 10-20 is more accurate.

Jay Z rap Kareem tho

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y9CvIx1Rh3Y
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Hell no, but I'd give him top 15.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Lmaoo @ hell no top 10 but top 15 not a stretch
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No
    He had a nice run, but top 10, hell no.

The ? has 0 content.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Yes
    T-Rel wrote: »
    He had a nice run, but top 10, hell no.

The ? has 0 content.

They been out since 98 99 wym nice run its 2017 an he's still a topic… things that make you go uh hmmmm
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No
    Rakim
    BDK
    Kool G Rap
    Ice Cube
    Redman
    2 Pac
    B.I.G.
    Nas
    Jay-Z
    DMX

Edit - Scarface
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yes
    I still don't know why BIG is a top ten rapper to a lot of ppl.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Sion wrote: »
    ? Big L is in the top 10 DOA and he barely has the discography.... You're telling me Wayne don't got the body of work, albums, cultural relevance, impact (Southern influence plus inspiring young rappers like Kendrick and others plus he put on Nicki and Drake), sales, appeal and the runs to not be put ahead of Big Pun, Big L and others !? Let's be objective here..... In death all your faults go away and your immortalised, there's no one else outside of Jay, NaS, Eminem, OTHER THAN KANYE WEST who would be hailed as the GOAT to this era.

? gotta chill.... Jay-Z got some ? albums too that don't mean he's​ out of the conversation.

Poor Sion ole "Wayne one hit away from another classic" ass ? . Wayne has 2 albums that are great (carter 1 and 2) and those are debateable classics depending on who you talk to. The rest of the albums are below classic.

Wayne released a ton of material on the mixtape circut but it was fast food rap like USMarin3 said. That ? was dope at the time but has not aged well. It's all the same "life is a ? ", "in the ? like" ? .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    ? Big L is in the top 10 DOA and he barely has the discography.... You're telling me Wayne don't got the body of work, albums, cultural relevance, impact (Southern influence plus inspiring young rappers like Kendrick and others plus he put on Nicki and Drake), sales, appeal and the runs to not be put ahead of Big Pun, Big L and others !? Let's be objective here..... In death all your faults go away and your immortalised, there's no one else outside of Jay, NaS, Eminem, OTHER THAN KANYE WEST who would be hailed as the GOAT to this era.

? gotta chill.... Jay-Z got some ? albums too that don't mean he's​ out of the conversation.

Jay doesn't have a "? " album in his discography he maybe have some not up to the high standards he has created

But Wayne has a few ? albums Jay can still put out a good to great verse Wayne can't do ? ? is washed beyond belief Larry Holmes can comeback and box better than Wayne can produce and album let alone string a few good verses together
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No
    This has been one of the more lopsided polls of all time.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Common
    Nas
    Jay
    Big
    Pac
    Scarface
    Big Boi
    Andre 3000
    Black Thought
    Rakim

That's not my official top 10 or anything but there's 10 of the top of my head.

@ people who voted yes, who are you kicking off to make space for Wayne?

Big boi
    Black thought
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yes
    My top ten damn near the same list
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yes
    Add Wayne and cube and there you go
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yes
    Oh common out and put TiP
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Jadakiss >>> Weezy
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yes
    Stew wrote: »
    This has been one of the more lopsided polls of all time.

His thread gets made at least once a year
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Jay
    Nas
    Pac
    Big
    Em
    LL
    Face
    X
    Cube
    Rakim
    BDK
    Kanye
    Common
    Ghostface

thats 15 easy
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Big aint have the longevity. Its been said before what big did 50 and DMX did too, and look where they are now. How many other rappers came out on fire and fizzled the ? out.

Im putting wayne over
    Big
    Common
    Ghostface
    Bdk
    LL
    Eminem
    Cube

So thats 6 off that list.

Prime wayne was to rap what mayweather was to boxing. Everyone was watching and everyone wanted a piece.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Jay doesn't have a "? " album in his discography he maybe have some not up to the high standards he has created

But Wayne has a few ? albums Jay can still put out a good to great verse Wayne can't do ? ? is washed beyond belief Larry Holmes can comeback and box better than Wayne can produce and album let alone string a few good verses together

Kingdom Come ? Blueprint 3 ?? I don't think they were any good fam. If your career spans long enough you gonna drop a dud or too in your catalogue.

I would easily listen to BP3 or Kingdom come over Lights out, 500 degreez, Cater 4, or Rebirth.