Best Rapper Of The New Millennium Final 4....#1 Kendrick Lamar vs #3 Lupe Fiasco (Lupe in the Final)

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Sion wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Lupe's career is about to change. Kendrick has had something his whole career that very few artists have had and that's creative freedom. Lupe's creative freedom has been limited to his mixtapes which have all been fire. It's like once Lupe made Superstar, they wanted him to make another one.

I can't yet blame Lupe's album failures on his own abilities. Kendrick has no album failures but he also hasn't had a label on his back pushing him to make a song with Skylar Grey and feeding him ready-made pop songs like Airplanes/Nothing On You with the chorus and beat already done.

DrogasWAVE will be recent work from Lupe with no label pressures. If ANKH:HER and Kneelin' On Needles are any indication of what Lupe is holding, prepare for greatness.

That's really Lupe's fault considering his seniority in the game. Lupe could go to these other labels to get that too if he wanted. Why doesn't he ? There's no reason for him to be a slave to a label given how long he's been in rap. If he's the best rapper of the millennium surely he should have no problem getting a deal that gives him the creative freedom and label machine behind him he requires.

He's not marketable to the masses. How are your going to market him? Super lyrical smart black guy? He's a Muslim? The nerd black dude

So what's Kendrick's excuse ? Or J.Cole's excuse ?? Two of the top rappers in Hip-hop aren't on that club all night, do molly all day ? and they're also the biggest sellers too.......

Logic has 2 gold albums and he's not on that ? and he's spitting the real, he's super lyrical and talking about video games and anime too.... Logic don't even got any hit records.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_discography

This just got good LOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLOLOL

Swimming pools was getting played in the club tho. J. Cole has a fanbase and he had radio friendly songs.
    That good for logic he has a soild fan base like j cole.
    Who the hell is buying logic music must be just white people because I never ever hear his music? I likwould logic first album tho.

You're post are all about who's popular and not the better rapper?

Now you're changing the narrative you said he's not marketable to the masses I just provided you with examples of artists who are nerdy, pro black, super lyrical and just regular guys who aren't into getting high all day, clubbing and all that ? . All of whom enjoyed much success doing them.

If they can do it why can't Lupe ?? Isn't he the rapper of the millennium ?

How long has Lupe been in the game? 10 years... you know people just go with what's hot at the time.

Are you going to act like lupe didn't have his run when he first came out?

If we go by what you been talking about this whole time than Lil Wayne is the best rapper out of the millennium
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Stew wrote: »
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    LOL how the ? did T.I make it to the top of the south? (Looks at thread creator)............Oh, never mind lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If lupe didn't make lasers he would have won.

Can't wait to hear I how rigged it @PILL_COSBY

:joy:

lol again, T.i kinda fell off after trap music. He's been putting out half albums ever sense. He needs to just release EP's. His latest album is a ? joke and a sad attempt to ride K dot's "conscious" wave. I already cringe like a ? whenever he try to sound all smart and ? . But this new political T.I that just came out of nowhere is beyond cringy. He needs to go back to rapping like old school B.G and use Mack 10's D boy rap style again. T.I's not even trying anymore, he's been riding waves worse than drake lately.

He still hasn't made anything better than this.

otgsktj34fyu.gif

Ok? Apparently you're in the minority buddy, you'll be aight.

No I'm not stew, and you know it. You got your hand hovering over the edit and ban button right now for anybody that goes too far with the truth lol. On some men in black ? . That's why you wont see too many people speaking like me out in the open. They know you are T.I's main shooter.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    LUPE MADE LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K dot wins on the strength of that. This shouldn't even be a debate. Lupe was on all types of hippie drugs when he made that album. He went full hippie. I couldn't believe the wackness of that album. I would rather listen to electric circus over lasers.
  • Olorun22
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

K dot wins on the strength of that. This shouldn't even be a debate. Lupe was on all types of hippie drugs when he made that album. He went full hippie. I couldn't believe the wackness of that album. I would rather listen to electric circus over lasers.

What if I told you I didn't like tpab??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And I'm pro black
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

Damn, so you're just gonna flat out pretend he ain't dropped some fire following that non-existent album?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    LOL how the ? did T.I make it to the top of the south? (Looks at thread creator)............Oh, never mind lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If lupe didn't make lasers he would have won.

Can't wait to hear I how rigged it @PILL_COSBY

:joy:

lol again, T.i kinda fell off after trap music. He's been putting out half albums ever sense. He needs to just release EP's. His latest album is a ? joke and a sad attempt to ride K dot's "conscious" wave. I already cringe like a ? whenever he try to sound all smart and ? . But this new political T.I that just came out of nowhere is beyond cringy. He needs to go back to rapping like old school B.G and use Mack 10's D boy rap style again. T.I's not even trying anymore, he's been riding waves worse than drake lately.

He still hasn't made anything better than this.

otgsktj34fyu.gif

Ok? Apparently you're in the minority buddy, you'll be aight.

No I'm not stew, and you know it. You got your hand hovering over the edit and ban button right now for anybody that goes too far with the truth lol. On some men in black ? . That's why you wont see too many people speaking like me out in the open. They know you are T.I's main shooter.

You're paranoid little ? . Look at the tournament threads and get a dose of reality.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Why I got to be a little ? though? Did I say something to offend you my brotha?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

Damn, so you're just gonna flat out pretend he ain't dropped some fire following that non-existent album?

The problem is he has yet to drop fire since that album....its been 3 duds in a row now
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Why I got to be a little ? though? Did I say something to offend you my brotha?

Cause u talkin about hoe ass ? about somebody changin your post, this aint the fazeem and Hrap Era ? smh
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    bck145 wrote: »

The problem is he has yet to drop fire since that album....its been 3 duds in a row now

w69eagrzbytr.gif

Name em, ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Lupe can't keep up with Dot with the flows

Big Sean the only one in the game who can
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Lupe's career is about to change. Kendrick has had something his whole career that very few artists have had and that's creative freedom. Lupe's creative freedom has been limited to his mixtapes which have all been fire. It's like once Lupe made Superstar, they wanted him to make another one.

I can't yet blame Lupe's album failures on his own abilities. Kendrick has no album failures but he also hasn't had a label on his back pushing him to make a song with Skylar Grey and feeding him ready-made pop songs like Airplanes/Nothing On You with the chorus and beat already done.

DrogasWAVE will be recent work from Lupe with no label pressures. If ANKH:HER and Kneelin' On Needles are any indication of what Lupe is holding, prepare for greatness.

That's really Lupe's fault considering his seniority in the game. Lupe could go to these other labels to get that too if he wanted. Why doesn't he ? There's no reason for him to be a slave to a label given how long he's been in rap. If he's the best rapper of the millennium surely he should have no problem getting a deal that gives him the creative freedom and label machine behind him he requires.

He's not marketable to the masses. How are your going to market him? Super lyrical smart black guy? He's a Muslim? The nerd black dude

So what's Kendrick's excuse ? Or J.Cole's excuse ?? Two of the top rappers in Hip-hop aren't on that club all night, do molly all day ? and they're also the biggest sellers too.......

Logic has 2 gold albums and he's not on that ? and he's spitting the real, he's super lyrical and talking about video games and anime too.... Logic don't even got any hit records.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_discography

This just got good LOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLOLOL

Swimming pools was getting played in the club tho. J. Cole has a fanbase and he had radio friendly songs.
    That good for logic he has a soild fan base like j cole.
    Who the hell is buying logic music must be just white people because I never ever hear his music? I likwould logic first album tho.

You're post are all about who's popular and not the better rapper?

Now you're changing the narrative you said he's not marketable to the masses I just provided you with examples of artists who are nerdy, pro black, super lyrical and just regular guys who aren't into getting high all day, clubbing and all that ? . All of whom enjoyed much success doing them.

If they can do it why can't Lupe ?? Isn't he the rapper of the millennium ?

How long has Lupe been in the game? 10 years... you know people just go with what's hot at the time.

Are you going to act like lupe didn't have his run when he first came out?

If we go by what you been talking about this whole time than Lil Wayne is the best rapper out of the millennium

I told you I'm weighing EVERYTHING said artist has done and contributed. Lyrics, music, albums, impact all of it.

2019 will mark J.Cole being in the game 10 years since the release of The Warm Up and Kendrick's C4 album. Lupe had a run but why can't he sustain it the way others have, I mean you said he's the artist of the millennium, soooo again what's his excuse ??? If it's about popularity why did Tip floor J.Cole I'm the tournament ????? Bwhahahahha

50 Cent Lil Wayne TI has had a bigger impact than all those guys you have mentioned that is hot right now and they aren't hot anymore.

And if that's going to be the way you going to look at then 50 or tI should win this tournament

Kendrick and J Cole commercial debuts aren't ten years in like Lupe Fiasco. so don't try to make it seem like they have sustained this level of success for 10 years because they haven't.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    R.D. wrote: »

So these are the type of people that are voting for Kendrick SMH
  • R.D.
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Lupe is Budden 2.0 online
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

Elaborate
  • R.D.
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

What kind of people you ? dweeb

Ain't you the ? with a chinstrap on your face

All ? who rock the chinstrap beard are sex predators or ?

These the type of ? voting for Lupe? SMH
  • Olorun22
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

Lupe wasn't a one-hit wonder though I'm not getting this comparison at all

Edit: who was that that said that Kendrick fans aren't making any sense when they say he's better than Lupe
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

What kind of people you ? dweeb

Ain't you the ? with a chinstrap on your face

All ? who rock the chinstrap beard are sex predators or ?

These the type of ? voting for Lupe? SMH

So I have ? hair and you have a problem with that???????????
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

Tha ? !?!?
  • bck145
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

w69eagrzbytr.gif

Name em, ?

Already did

Lasers
    F&l2
    T&y

First two albums solid but he has more wack albums than quality albums in his career
  • R.D.
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

Elaborate

How he's perceived except he did put in more work

But ? online put Joe on this hip hop pedestal for the longest...been dying down since he started talking and saying ? ? don't like

In reality, the nicest ? get their just due in the media, outside as well

(Jay, Nas, PAC, Big) proved themselves and were rightly praised...Dot, Wayne, Cole are rightly praised because they're the best

? in here doing everything but calling Kendrick trash to prop Lupe but offline this wide gap being insinuated to exist ain't there or goes the other way

If the average listener can't grasp your music, are they bad listeners or are you a bad storyteller

? making excuses for why a grown ass man put out a weak album( his label made him do it) well that type of decision is what separates you from the best ...put it on the label

• bck145
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

w69eagrzbytr.gif

Name em, ?

Already did

Lasers
    F&l2
    T&y

First two albums solid but he has more wack albums than quality albums in his career

Ayo, post yo location, b.

Wtf
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco

w69eagrzbytr.gif

Name em, ?

Already did

Lasers
    F&l2
    T&y

Wtf

You makin hella slap worthy comments, bruh.
  • bck145
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

w69eagrzbytr.gif

Name em, ?

Already did

Lasers
    F&l2
    T&y

Wtf

You makin hella slap worthy comments, bruh.

You mean the truth?
This discussion has been closed.