Comments

• qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man why 9th wonder do that beat so cold. ? damn 9th
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant recall the last year so much fire came out in the first four months of the year. So much playback!
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope from start to finish. Album of the Year so far!

Kendrick is like a film maker with his projects. All of them tell a different story. I really enjoyed this album just like the other 3.

It felt like Kendrick was trying to hit the club with some of the tracks on this one.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Common, tribe, joey, kendrick,

Music for the soul.

? with full sentences. clear thoughts and words.. what is this sorcery
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty dope album. I never really got into TPaB, but I'm copping this one. It's kinda funny though. Seems like Kendrick has gotten so confident in his rapping that the beat doesn't even matter. He basically just threw anything on there stylistically and did his thing.

I got to listen again. I think the Wild is still my favorite album out this year though.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a long commute tomorrow morning so this should be good.

Sidebar: Same folk who was making garbage arguments against Lupe in the other thread having a circle ? prisoner of the moment convention in here lmao!!! Let me guess this is a classic already, right?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that blacks, hispanics, and natives are lost tribe of israel ? we need to adhear to Christianty to stop getting punished with by ? because we strayed away from Jesus whatever he was preachin there
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Dope from start to finish. Album of the Year so far!

Kendrick is like a film maker with his projects. All of them tell a different story. I really enjoyed this album just like the other 3.

it felt like Kendrick was trying to hit the club with some of the tracks on this one.

i cant see any rah rah song.. the closet to it is humble but it kinda ? on the whole club scene
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Well i think that settles it ? was flippin on April 7th uneventful day.. he Delivered.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Fear or DNA shoulda been his first single imo both are flames.

I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times before I give a full review.

Only grip is I wish he woulda rapped more in some songs, he kinda let the theme of the song go longer than his raps.

Great album though from my initial listen think I might prefer it over TPAB.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options

Sidebar: Same folk who was making garbage arguments against Lupe in the other thread having a circle ? prisoner of the moment convention in here lmao!!! Let me guess this is a classic already, right?

Guess you missed the first one in joeys thread huh? Enjoy the album ?
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Production on Loyalty >>>>>>>

PFunk west coast vibe
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Couple of these tracks sound like some Pink Floyd type ?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options

Hope you crash OTW to work...? ass ?

Same type of comments all through joeys thread. ? just being a ? right now lol
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not feeling it. Too much lazy vocals n weak singing. Sounds like he was tryna make a love below type record.

Amerikkkan Bada$$ >>>>>> Damn
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hope you crash OTW to work...? ass ?

:joy:
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Couple of these tracks sound like some Pink Floyd type ?

I tell kneegrows all the time Childish Gambino stole a lot of his swagger from them on that "Awaken My Love" album.

Kendrick borrowed some of that to on this.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    charles2 wrote: »
    Between this and that Joey Badass, I'm in hip hop heaven! Jslust discovered Joey last week so the last week been excellent!

Talib Kweli & Styles P EP drop tomorrow too

Man they picked a bad week to drop
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely got a few joints that banged in the whip in the top half. My girl was feeling that Rihanna joint. Just heard it on the way back from chilling in the city bout to listen again in the crib b4 I go to sleep. Was a few I couldn't get into on first listen but I wanted to listen again b4 I judge them but off the rip it caught my ear easier than tpab.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    "Why ? , why ? , do I gotta suffer? Earth is no more won't you burn this ? !"

Even though its a stretch this makes me think that second album coming sunday is a real possibility with the religious themes and how the artwork was broken down.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'll beat your ass"
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think fear is the 2nd beat in the heart pt 4