Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off the first couple listens this way better than tpab. DNA bout to get played at ignorant levels all spring and summer.

8/10
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    This ? is mediocre as ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's alright.

6 or 7/10
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all listened to the whole thing. so far its even worst than TPAB. Drake album was wack and so was this. we need more big artist
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I got so many theories and suspicions..."

When "Humble" first dropped I said I would like to hear Kendrick comment on the video and its inspiration. I had a thought this what he was on, but i aint wanna eat my words. So i waited...

And i got my answer on "YAH"....
    "I'm and ISRAELITE, dont call me black no more

That word is only a color, it aint facts no more.

My cousin Carl.....my cousin Carl Duckworth said know my worth

And Deuteronomy say that we all been cursed.

I KNOW HE WALKS THE EARTH
    "

He done answered that call to the lost sheep....

And on that note, this will be labeled his worst album. Watch....
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    This ? is mediocre as ?

Didn't we say the same with TPAB?!?!?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    I got a long commute tomorrow morning so this should be good.

Sidebar: Same folk who was making garbage arguments against Lupe in the other thread having a circle ? prisoner of the moment convention in here lmao!!! Let me guess this is a classic already, right?

Guess you missed the first one in joeys thread huh? Enjoy the album ?
    ? fire so far. So whos going to admit joeys album is causing you to unfairly judge this album? Ill wait.

Why are you obsessed with joeys album? Sounds like you are insecure that Kenny has competition for AOTY

Obsessed? Im talking to the ? who gassed that album that cant be objective when reviewing this album. The ? tried calling people out for their comments on kendricks album when the same type of comments were all over joeys thread. Stop with the stupid ass assumptions
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick's albums have layers... it is hard to call it on the first few listens.

At first, Good Kid was cool to me, then it grew on me like crazy after bumping it thoroughly for weeks. To ? is well crafted, just not an album I can bump every day though, doesn't mean it is trash. Similar to Nas's Untitled. Their music isn't microwaved and just for the time being.

I'll give this album a week then come with a decision on how I feel about it.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When "Humble" first dropped I said I would like to hear Kendrick comment on the video and its inspiration. I had a thought this what he was on, but i aint wanna eat my words. So i waited...

"

I don't think so

He's been religious since GKMC *maybe further idk* and with the emergence of Chance and his mostly Gospel Rap album that did numbers I think the masses are ok with being taught as long as there's something to shake their ass to sprinkled in somewhere

Remember......in 2004 Jesus Walked it's way to all sort of accolades.
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    This ? is mediocre as ?

Didn't we say the same with TPAB?!?!?

"We"?

The production is subpar, the bars are meh and I can't figure out which direction he's going with this.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNA possible summer anthem
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

on first listen, i think its a good album. kendrick's ability to craft a cohesive and well-thought out album is one of his best attributes as an artist, especially in a time where people are making "the album" out to be a relic of the past. lyrically, its definitely his most straight forward project he's released. its digestible in the sense that he pretty much spells it all out for you. i said it in the lupe vs kendrick thread that kendrick has a way of saying simple things and masking it with razzle-dazzle/flow and i think he showcases that again here. production wise, i thought it was pretty dope; nothing too distracting and nothing really that made me lose interest in the flow of the album. the "ligher" and more commercial songs reminded me of some drake* ? (? , love, specifically).

i'm going to listen more before i compare it to any of his other projects. overall, i think the album is good.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? might be the underrated track so far
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    on first listen, i think its a good album. kendrick's ability to craft a cohesive and well-thought out album is one of his best attributes as an artist, especially in a time where people are making "the album" out to be a relic of the past. lyrically, its definitely his most straight forward project he's released. its digestible in the sense that he pretty much spells it all out for you. i said it in the lupe vs kendrick thread that kendrick has a way of saying simple things and masking it with razzle-dazzle/flow and i think he showcases that again here. production wise, i thought it was pretty dope; nothing too distracting and nothing really that made me lose interest in the flow of the album. the "ligher" and more commercial songs reminded me of some drake* ? (? , love, specifically).

i'm going to listen more before i compare it to any of his other projects. overall, i think the album is good.

to add on to this. the tracks i thought were dope on first listen are:

dna
    feel
    ?
    ?
    fear
    duckworth
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick's albums have layers... it is hard to call it on the first few listens.

At first, Good Kid was cool to me, then it grew on me like crazy after bumping it thoroughly for weeks. To ? is well crafted, just not an album I can bump every day though, doesn't mean it is trash. Similar to Nas's Untitled. Their music isn't microwaved and just for the time being.

I'll give this album a week then come with a decision on how I feel about it.

I was going to say that about this album ...i think TPAB is more akin to T&Y but both comparisons have those albums underappreciated..
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? :23 - 1:19 is ? perfect!! I get ? everytime the beat switches up at that point.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First listen in the whip and DNA is going.

My face is screwed up driving round this roundabout
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

"

I don't think so

He's been religious since GKMC *maybe further idk* and with the emergence of Chance and his mostly Gospel Rap album that did numbers I think the masses are ok with being taught as long as there's something to shake their ass to sprinkled in somewhere

Remember......in 2004 Jesus Walked it's way to all sort of accolades.

There's a difference but we can act like it aint
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Just checked Twitter and they really think hes droppin another album in 2 days

post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif

anything is possible in this era, release wise.

wouldn't surprise me if he did.