The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/I_Am_Not_Your_? .png[/img]

One of the best Documentaries you will ever see , it is you duty to see James Baldwin's genius. Well written and well narrated by Sam L Jackson.

10/10
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

One of the best Documentaries you will ever see , it is you duty to see James Baldwin's genius. Well written and well narrated by Sam L Jackson.

10/10

ayo, where i can find dis joint at?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

10/10

ayo, where i can find dis joint at?

at the cinemas
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched that "Why Him?" movie starring James Franco and Bryan Cranston. ? had a couple of laughs, but overall wasnt that funny to me. I'd give it a 6/10
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Watched that "Why Him?" movie starring James Franco and Bryan Cranston. ? had a couple of laughs, but overall wasnt that funny to me. I'd give it a 6/10

It was a fun watch tho but i agree its not a good movie

It does have replay value (if u smoke)
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/6tefAUunOU0

https://youtu.be/L7-iA0D9lPY

Jus binged S02 of Love and S11 of TPB.

season 1 of love was very forgetable, i dont even remember wtf happened. Wasnt bad, jus wasn't what i expected. Season 2 is much better imo. The main broad is annoying af n super needy. And the dude is a lame. He does some really cringe worthy ? . If you can get past those, its a solid watch. lol at bobby lee and the broads room mate birdie.

TPB is funny af. Best season since they joined netflix. Real lol ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I love that show Love. I thought the first season was great. I still need to finish season 2, got carried away with Legion and forgot to finish it. Will probably do that this weekend.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ive been following this show for awhile, but they just added season 1 to Netflix:

1e1038a5b54ed9a9_lip_thm_16.9_1920x1080.jpg

Its a family comedy that airs on CBS, but its funny as hell. Each episode is split into 4 segments that all revolve around this one family and their spouses. If you aint got nothing to watch, try giving this ? a couple episodes. Its got the DEA's cops wife from Breaking Bad (Skyler's Sister) and her husband in the show is this chubby red head comedian that I can never remember the name of, but hes had a ton of small roles in different shows and movies and you'll probably recognize him when you see him.

Also has Tom Hanks son starring in this. His wife in this show is probably the funniest character to me with her sarcasm.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched "Win it all"...a Netflix exclusive....with Nick from "New Girl"

Honestly thought it was a good watch, quite "suspenseful" at times, ending felt a bit rushed but as a whole good surprise.

plus i liked his woman
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNXtuPCh0Y

Jus binged S02 of Hulu's The Path. Show about the inner workings of a cult. How bein in a cult can affect ppl, the power struggle within the cult, what happens when ppl start to have doubt n want to leave etc. The premise is interesting imo. But alotta the shows eps are boring. its 13 eps and that's jus way too many. Shoulda been 10. I still ? w/ it tho.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I haven't posted here in a minute. Work and commitments

These are all I can remember viewing in the past 2 months or thereabouts ...

- Another 48 Hours
    - Body Of Lies - directed by Ridley Scott and Stars DiCaprio and Crowe
    - Everything Put Together - indie flick released in 1999 by director Marc Forster
    - IP Man 2
    - Get Out - on the big screen. A very different and original type of horror movie ...
    - The Lobster - weird quirky arthouse flick starring Colin Farell and a host of other Hollywood talent... the synopsis is even ridiculous
    - Panther - by the van Peebles clan of the inception of the Black Panther Party in Oakland, California
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Win It All starring Jake Johnson, Keegan-Michael Key, Joe Lo Truglio, Aislinn Derbez, & Nicky Excitement. It's a Netflix Original about a gambling addict who is tasked with holding a duffel bag for a criminal who is about to do a 6-9 month stretch in prison. If he does he will get $10,000 when the man gets out of prison. Only problem is the bag contains $50,000. I'm sure you can see where ? goes from there. Nice little flick.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOGAN
    Action packed & ? lots of F bombs my kinda Wolverine film I loved it
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been slacking on movies for a while now.. so i pretty much jumped a few pages back and watching all the movies yall suggested..

a8riypiud9j4.jpg

was dope. i was halfway through and thought it was meh, by the ending had won me over. good coming of age story.... also no matter who you ( or how weak you think someone is) everyone has a breaking point. good watch!

when brandon followed flacco kid home and broke into the crib... that lil ? had ENOUGH LOL, went to the extreme, but i still think flacco respected him after beating his ass at the end,, hence letting him keep the shoes

also Flacco realizing he keep putting his kid in these ? up situations.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/7iXwR0mFHn8

Netflix's Take the 10. Thought this movie would be ? . But i was wrong, its funny. Lotta wierd awkward lol moments too. Solid buddy stoner comedy.
  • marc123
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Win It All starring Jake Johnson, Keegan-Michael Key, Joe Lo Truglio, Aislinn Derbez, & Nicky Excitement. It's a Netflix Original about a gambling addict who is tasked with holding a duffel bag for a criminal who is about to do a 6-9 month stretch in prison. If he does he will get $10,000 when the man gets out of prison. Only problem is the bag contains $50,000. I'm sure you can see where ? goes from there. Nice little flick.

Jus watched. Its okay. Didnt expect the ending tho.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snowden (2016)

Snowden_film_poster.jpg

Started out kind of slow but picked up towards to end, well worth a watch great performance from Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

The-Hateful-Eight-2015.jpg

Finally got round to finishing this with it being so long and me falling asleep the last time I tried, ? is vintage Tarantino and I loved it, the ending was crazy!
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOGAN
    Action packed & ? lots of F bombs my kinda Wolverine film I loved it

it was better than i expected...the other wolverine movies have mostly been trash

even shed a few tears

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/7iXwR0mFHn8

Netflix's Take the 10. Thought this movie would be ? . But i was wrong, its funny. Lotta wierd awkward lol moments too. Solid buddy stoner comedy.

I just watched that last week, movie did surprise me with how funny it was. Might rewatch this again, I cant remember what it was exactly, but i remember dying at one point during this movie lol.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else seen live by night? ? was dope dont understand why it got alot of bad reviews
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished Seinfeld I know i'm 20+ years late it never took of over here but it's still hilarious.

currently watching Guerrilla about the black british panthers movement in the 1970s
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 mins into Logan.....very interesting
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    aqeh0sn619mw.png

GET OUT

Finally watched GET OUT! My take away is that it was deconstructing the racialized nature of how white people view black people. The sunken place seems to signify the place where some black people find themselves as they become placated by their environment/ circumstances to a point of docility dulled to their senses/ common sense. It illustrates a long running theme of American life for black people THEY (them...a number of them)don't value your humanity they only care about what you do for their entertainment and how you can serve them. Your are just a means to an end.