Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeh not really ? with the "I'm an Israelite I'm not black no more"

Dead at that line skating past eryone in here.

I thought he was rapping in third person with that line... about his cousin? I could be wrong though but YAH. is amongst my favourite tracks on the LP...
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love was my soundtrack last night <3
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I'm in my 30s and grew up in Kanas City. The hate Kendrick receives sometime reminds me of 2Pac when he dropped "Me against ...," "All Eyez..." and "Makaveli." Dope projects and the majority of people liked them. But there was always a few people who couldn't give props and called everyone stupid for listening to it or said it was not real Hip-Hop. Instead, their idea of the real ? was some other dude that struggled to hit gold or some underground rapper

But years later, they're giving Pac props on Facebook. LOL!

Makes no sense at all Kendrick gets Hella praise for his music.. they praise him for being different in the Era of rap

I didn't say Kendrick was not receiving a lot of praise. Just pointing out that he got a lot of haters who always have something negative to say, although his music is dope.

There no middle ground here if you like it your a sheep if you dislike it your hating

That's my point. People hate on popular artist so much, they put down other people who listen to it. It's cool not to like something, but that doesn't mean the other people are zombies. You can go to any post on Facebook about Hip-Hop and there's always comments from someone accusing people of being Stans, dickriders, etc. if they like someone's album.

And we all know haters exist. Let's stop playing. There was always a small group of dudes in high school and college who hated the star football player because he could ? any ? in the school he wanted. LOL!
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel where @EmM HoLLa. coming from.

Lot of people giving the album love just based off who made it and not the effort itself. Thats wack.

Album has some jams on it, i like it; im glad i bought it. But its not better than GKMC or TPAB.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a dope album from a top 3 current artist...

Only natural some people fall victim to the hypebeast...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is cool but not as good as his others but with that said fear and duckworth is one of his best tracks. Nothing really mind-blowing but those 2.They up there With sing about me, Mortal man and cartoons and cereal IMO
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme some ? !
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took best to this album on first listen over TPAB & GKMC because of the absence of the ? helium voice effect he's overused in the past.

That's been my primary complaint of him. The other being, his super sped up flow that goes off beat at times.

Reminds me of T.I. and how he sounded all over "I'm Serious" vs when he returned more polished with "Trap Muzik".
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Yeh not really ? with the "I'm an Israelite I'm not black no more"

Dead at that line skating past eryone in here.

I thought he was rapping in third person with that line
    ... about his cousin? I could be wrong though but YAH. is amongst my favourite tracks on the LP...

I been reading that there are some interludes missing that involves his cousin and it would made the connection throughout the album easier to understand. But who knows.... last album he was christian now he's an Israelite. All I know is we aren't cursed.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Yo man.. That sheep comment is real.. I've been in the crib all day watching the NBA Playoffs and every arena they are playing be humble.. It's in commercials.. U got Rosenberg calling Kenny the GOAT.. Like c'mon this is all to generate interest to get a whole bunch of people to either buy or stream the album and inflate the first week numbers.

Now I don't doubt that a lot of folks in here actually like this album. But there are also a lot of people out there claiming this thing is a some sort of masterpiece when in all actuality it isn't. This isn't to be confused with me saying that Kenny is a wack rapper. Kenny can rap his ass off.. But this ? simply isn't that good to me.. There are a couple of albums that have come out this year already that are better IMO..

That's with most big releases though. You're going to have some folks who like it and some who say they like it just to keep up w/ the crowd. The "sheep" thing will always ? any stance you take though because it just comes off as some old, bitter ? . Like you can't possibly fathom people actually enjoy the music simply because you don't. Alot of people liking something don't make them sheep. It could just mean there's a very good product that got released. ? got to get out this mindset of people agreeing on something meaning they're being sheep or ? riding etc...ain't nothing wrong with actually agreeing on something every now and again
  • blackrain
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    charles2 wrote: »
    ? ain't got ? to say when ? ? gets pushed, but want to hate when real ? get pushed.

Then complain that only ? ? gets pushed.

SMH.

Smh.. Bruh.. ? do not push the Trap rappers the way they are pushing Kenny.. Friday morning on my way into work.. ? was on the radio calling the album a classic.. And that kendrick is the GOAT.. Straight hyperbole.. There is a difference..

I feel you on the hyperbole as far as it being a classic historically, but in a sea of ? , when something dope comes along it's a breath of fresh air!

It's like drowning and you get above the water and take that life saving breath. It's the same breath you took for granted yesterday, but now it means so much more!

I get your analogy.. This album just isn't that good to me.. Kenny on there rapping.. But musically it's lacking.. Diddy was on the gram talking about Kenny got soul.. Diddy on payroll too..

You know what this reminds me of.. This reminds me of when Wayne dropped the Carter 3.. All the hype that album got.. And the Carter 2 was clearly the better project..

It's comments like the bold that make you seem like you just hating...Diddy on the payroll? What check does Diddy get for saying an artist who not on his label put out a good product?
  • blackrain
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    I feel where @EmM HoLLa. coming from.

Lot of people giving the album love just based off who made it and not the effort itself. Thats wack.

Album has some jams on it, i like it; im glad i bought it. But its not better than GKMC or TPAB.

Better than TPAB? Idk but I know for sure to me it has a much higher replay value than TPAB. TPAB was just a heavy ass album you have to prepare yourself to listen to and that ? ain't always a good thing w/ music. DAMN I can just let ride through.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened to the album 4 times so far. It's a respectable work. It's Definitely an asset to his catalog. However, the album lulls in the middle IMO. That lull drags it down.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know i dont care about the 'politics' of music, ratings, fan opinions i just start a project n let it go from beginning to end and make my own judgment.

I tried to like tpab and tho i didnt i respected it for what he was trying to do. Maybe 2 or 3 listens tops and never ? with it again.

This album tho is the type that make me wonder how someone doesnt like it. Maybe your standards are impossible? Maybe youre a contrarian? Maybe youre boring? Maybe u only like ? u feel goes over most peoples heads so u can feel special.

He dont have to spit crossword puzzle bars to be sayin some ? . The beats dont have to be super boring for it to be real hip hop. No hate on @bcotton but i think i seen him criticize the lyricism on this album....so do u just drop your standards when u listen to young money or somethin? How tf that work?

Who cares if they play this ? in nba games...they do that with all hits. This might be the first hit they put in a nba game that was actually speaking about ? of substance. Who cares what rosenberg said? U really worried about that?

If u criticize mfs for being sheep bc of 'hype beasts' you get just as much criticism for NOT liking it due to hypebeasts. U basing your opinion, good or bad, based on things other than your own ears.

Its like not liking a ball player cuz u cant stand their fans. Either have better reasoning or put on somethin else.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    I know i dont care about the 'politics' of music, ratings, fan opinions i just start a project n let it go from beginning to end and make my own judgment.

I tried to like tpab and tho i didnt i respected it for what he was trying to do. Maybe 2 or 3 listens tops and never ? with it again.

This album tho is the type that make me wonder how someone doesnt like it. Maybe your standards are impossible? Maybe youre a contrarian? Maybe youre boring? Maybe u only like ? u feel goes over most peoples heads so u can feel special.

He dont have to spit crossword puzzle bars to be sayin some ? . The beats dont have to be super boring for it to be real hip hop. No hate on @bcotton but i think i seen him criticize the lyricism on this album....so do u just drop your standards when u listen to young money or somethin? How tf that work?

Who cares if they play this ? in nba games...they do that with all hits. This might be the first hit they put in a nba game that was actually speaking about ? of substance. Who cares what rosenberg said? U really worried about that?

If u criticize mfs for being sheep bc of 'hype beasts' you get just as much criticism for NOT liking it due to hypebeasts. U basing your opinion, good or bad, based on things other than your own ears.

Its like not liking a ball player cuz u cant stand their fans. Either have better reasoning or put on somethin else.

I make my own opinions..

Music shouldn't be this hard... A classic is a classic on the very first listen and is still a classic on the 100000 listen.. When I find myself searching for something to like.. The album isn't good.. As I mentioned in my first post.. Any other artist I woulda been cut it off. But since it's Kenny I tried to give it a chance. This discussion will probably make me go back and listen on more time just to make sure I'm not bugging..

Which goes back to my original point. Good music you don't search.. That ? touches you in the first 10-20 seconds..
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I make my own opinions..

Music shouldn't be this hard... A classic is a classic on the very first listen and is still a classic on the 100000 listen.. When I find myself searching for something to like.. The album isn't good.. As I mentioned in my first post.. Any other artist I woulda been cut it off. But since it's Kenny I tried to give it a chance. This discussion will probably make me go back and listen on more time just to make sure I'm not bugging..

Which goes back to my original point. Good music you don't search.. That ? touches you in the first 10-20 seconds..

Well then its all personal opinion cuz i bought this ? played it the whole ride, sat in the car to let it finish then when i made it in within 10 min i was playin it on my phone again. I thought i like amerikkkan badass n didnt have nearly the same reaction. I had to think whether i thought b4da$$ was better
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    LOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOL I LOVE THE IC !!!

"WHAT DID YOU SAY !? IT'S NOT DOPE ??? YOU ARE A HATER"

EmM might be the handful of people who just ain't ? with it for their own personal reasons. Let him live LOLOLOL.

@EmM HoLLa. I said I liked More Life and ? brandished me a stan and wanted me demodded for treason real ? LOLOLOLOL like wtf SMMFH :joy:

More Life is another wack album lmfaoo.. Ross got the best project this year.. Followed by Future's Hendrxx.. All the other ? is just blah..

Also.. My son A Boogie is gonna knock ? over there head when his album drops toward the summer.. Remember I told yall..

I make my own opinions..

Well then its all personal opinion cuz i bought this ? played it the whole ride, sat in the car to let it finish then when i made it in within 10 min i was playin it on my phone again. I thought i like amerikkkan badass n didnt have nearly the same reaction. I had to think whether i thought b4da$$ was better

Definitely... It's subjective.. We all have our tastes.. I'll say GKMC is still the best album to drop this decade.. That isn't debatable either. That's a classic..
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    LOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOL I LOVE THE IC !!!

"WHAT DID YOU SAY !? IT'S NOT DOPE ??? YOU ARE A HATER"

EmM might be the handful of people who just ain't ? with it for their own personal reasons. Let him live LOLOLOL.

@EmM HoLLa. I said I liked More Life and ? brandished me a stan and wanted me demodded for treason real ? LOLOLOLOL like wtf SMMFH :joy:

latest?cb=20140708190248

tenor.gif
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude said Futures album was better :lol:

@_Goldie is the biggest Future stan and even he admits neither of Futures drops had anything on this.