The Official 2016/17 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mourinho must have told Herrera to listen to this in preparation for man marking Hazard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1kwY_iKaU
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    London is Red u ? ?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Hazard is playing Hide and Seek. SMH.....

Herrera is playing hunt and ? ...

Nothing to do with Herrera once hazard has the ball he can take him on but he is hiding from the game.... Come Centrally and pick up the ball and make plays

Nah I dont agree with that, no matter where Hazard runs, Herrera is there nipping at his heels... Hazard will be checking his back seat when he gets in his car tonight to make sure Herrera isnt there...

Herrera is playing great however hazard has disappeared had he taken the ball and fouls Herrera would have been sent off already.... If he comes deep it pulls Herrera with him and opens space. Herrera is playing great but hazard is not and it's not down to Herrera its down to hazard always dropping form in these type games and challenges

If you have an opponent on your heels whole game you arnt gonna get the ball though... He has pulled Herrera everywhere but the whole team has done there bit and covered... Its like in Sunday league when you have player marking you the whole game talking schitt, kicking you just enough to get away without a foul etc it fcks with you mentally too... I think Rojo and Darmian have done the same...

I'm not disagreeing, let me phrase it another way. If hazard was world class 'Madrid worthy' would he have such a horrid game. Would Messi neymar or ronaldo be contained for the entire 90mins with not even one moment of brilliance or forward movement to spark something?

I get what your saying, but I guess those players are used to being man marked... That tactic must of been a real surprise to Hazard... It was man marking taken to the extreme... It will be interesting to see if teams try that regularly now to Hazard, and how he will react to it...

ARE U JOKING???? Like this is the first time Hazard has been man marked. Dude sees that most games, sometimes even 2 players on him all the time. Stop making excuses for that dude. REAL SURPRISE, LMAO!!!!!!!!

He disappears from games so often, Chelsea fans can tell within the first 10 mins ( @yung$ called that ? today).
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing to do with Herrera once hazard has the ball he can take him on but he is hiding from the game.... Come Centrally and pick up the ball and make plays

Nah I dont agree with that, no matter where Hazard runs, Herrera is there nipping at his heels... Hazard will be checking his back seat when he gets in his car tonight to make sure Herrera isnt there...

Herrera is playing great however hazard has disappeared had he taken the ball and fouls Herrera would have been sent off already.... If he comes deep it pulls Herrera with him and opens space. Herrera is playing great but hazard is not and it's not down to Herrera its down to hazard always dropping form in these type games and challenges

If you have an opponent on your heels whole game you arnt gonna get the ball though... He has pulled Herrera everywhere but the whole team has done there bit and covered... Its like in Sunday league when you have player marking you the whole game talking schitt, kicking you just enough to get away without a foul etc it fcks with you mentally too... I think Rojo and Darmian have done the same...

I'm not disagreeing, let me phrase it another way. If hazard was world class 'Madrid worthy' would he have such a horrid game. Would Messi neymar or ronaldo be contained for the entire 90mins with not even one moment of brilliance or forward movement to spark something?

I get what your saying, but I guess those players are used to being man marked... That tactic must of been a real surprise to Hazard... It was man marking taken to the extreme... It will be interesting to see if teams try that regularly now to Hazard, and how he will react to it...

ARE U JOKING???? Like this is the first time Hazard has been man marked. Dude sees that most games, sometimes even 2 players on him all the time. Stop making excuses for that dude. REAL SURPRISE, LMAO!!!!!!!!

He disappears from games so often, Chelsea fans can tell within the first 10 mins ( @yung$ called that ? today).

Im not saying he hasnt gone missing before or man marked... Im saying I have not seen a player literally follow him the whole game, like Herrera's job seemed not to play football, but just follow Hazard...

One moment sticks in my mind was after a Herrera pass he RAN to find Hazard haha... I think Jamie Carragher even said is this how teams are gonna deal with Hazard from now on...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    London is Red u ? ?

C/S. The Red and White of Arsenal.
  • water ur seeds
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sky Sports are breaking down Hazard and Herrera now, Herrera went from RB, Holding Midfield, to CB following Hazard around... Hazard then switches sides of the pitch to try escape him, so then Herrera ended up LB haha

That is not your typical man marking... Normally you see player man mark, until he gets forced out of his natural position, then another player will take over...
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im not saying he hasnt gone missing before or man marked... Im saying I have not seen a player literally follow him the whole game, like Herrera's job seemed not to play football, but just follow Hazard...

One moment sticks in my mind was after a Herrera pass he RAN to find Hazard haha... I think Jamie Carragher even said is this how teams are gonna deal with Hazard from now on...

Dude take it from us he has been man marked before doubled this isn't new. He disappears everytime
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Dude take it from us he has been man marked before doubled this isn't new. He disappears everytime

See my last post breda...
  • yung$
    Options
    Even that it's the same player on you so go for the ball and take him on if you get past him it lowers his confidence or he fouls.... If you shy away he is going to view it as containing you. Damn I wished Kobe played football and was there to show him what was needed
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Like I said Hazard was poor and could of got fouled more and get Herrera in danger or a red card, Im just trying to give Herrera more credit...
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Like I said Hazard was poor and could of got fouled more and get Herrera in danger or a red card, Im just trying to give Herrera more credit...

giphy.gif#5
  • water ur seeds
    Options

giphy.gif#5

jose-mourinho-shows-chelsea-fans-what-he-really-thinks-by-pointing-to-man-united-badge.jpg
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Kante has been shittin in Pogba in direct duels lol

Didnt see the 1st half though

Sorry I was to ? , I meant da mighty nr.5, Zouma...
  • toheeb27
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    London is Red u ? ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5q4ZbyvdkY
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Everton away is the one that I fear. I think we should be fine. Don't think Spurs can win out.

pygxzzbbr643.jpg
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @yung$ I think I am done with Costa. I really don't want to root for this dude next season. Great player when his head is on straight, but too much baggage.

His trolling was cute 2 years ago, now most defenders know how to bait him and just let him take himself out of the game. Spurs defense do that ? so perfectly.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everton away is the one that I fear. I think we should be fine. Don't think Spurs can win out.

pygxzzbbr643.jpg

That is going to be the hardest game for you guys and I'm not saying that because I'm a Everton fan. And depending on which Southampton team shows up could be a tough one too.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jose showin' ? how to play against Chelsea. Too bad there's only a few more games left
  • yung$
    Options
    @yung$ I think I am done with Costa. I really don't want to root for this dude next season. Great player when his head is on straight, but too much baggage.

His trolling was cute 2 years ago, now most defenders know how to bait him and just let him take himself out of the game. Spurs defense do that ? so perfectly.

Yh we need a striker someone pacy yet ability to hold up play
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

pygxzzbbr643.jpg

West Brom won't necessarily be easy. I distinctly recall how they held you up for most of the game @ home till I think MacAuley made a mistake and Costa capitalised.

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A message from Marseilles to the governing body that is in charge of the French league:

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    what's going on in French football?!

I saw fans run up on the Lyon team......invaded the pitch and everything! lol
  • yung$
    Options
    The data is in, hazard had no take on in the match
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    London is Red u ? ?

ti-laughing.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip