Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    "When I was 9, on sale motel, we didn't have nowhere to stay.
    At 29, I've done so well, hit carwheels on my estate."
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? quality but here is footage of Kung Fu Kenny from Coachella for those who missed it
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "When I was 9, on sale motel, we didn't have nowhere to stay.
    At 29, I've done so well, hit carwheels on my estate."

The realest stunt lyric thus far!!
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Only song I don't really like on there is humble. I mean it's dope but real talk I do skip it.

Maybe it's cause of the video, but agree to disagree.

I'm so ? tired of the Photoshop
    Show me something natural like an afro on Richard Pryor
    Show me something natural like ass wit some stretch marks
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow this is dope. Maaaaannn he's like a different person now. First place I heard of Kendrick was on the IC one cat posted the Kendrick Lamar mixtape before C4 and then later updated it with C4 album. Brother was saying Kendrick gonna be a star I saw the potential but felt he needed a different sound to do it. Maaaaaaaannnnnnn how time flies this was waaaayyy before Section .80 if anyone finds the thread up it that dude deserves a thousand goats at least a shout out on the front page.

Definitely something clicked between 09 and 2010. He seemed to find his own voice and awkward flow that worked for him. Seemed to really become an artist. It really shows how long you have to work at this ? for it to take off.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow this is dope. Maaaaannn he's like a different person now. First place I heard of Kendrick was on the IC one cat posted the Kendrick Lamar mixtape before C4 and then later updated it with C4 album. Brother was saying Kendrick gonna be a star I saw the potential but felt he needed a different sound to do it. Maaaaaaaannnnnnn how time flies this was waaaayyy before Section .80 if anyone finds the thread up it that dude deserves a thousand goats at least a shout out on the front page.

Yeah, I was probably the first dude back home playing Kendrick's underground music in my car or when I was hanging out with my friends at the crib.

He was always dope to me and that's why I put him in my top 3. Don't give a ? what people think.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember when that Too Cool track dropped in 07. He has always been able to spit.

No Sleep till NYC was a good mixtape.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really good album, only track i ain't feeling is 'love', which i would argue is one of the worst songs he's ever made, the track with rihanna also hasn't grown on me.

I'd say joey had more bars but this is the better project.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    FEAR made me feel guilty.

Thats how i do my son sometimes and i needa stop.

Kids be ? with your nerves tho

LMFAO I heard that ? I'm like maybe I should subliminally play this ? in the background don't even yell anymore just look at them with the bill Duke

kk76rjyuehih.jpg
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Some of y'all need to open your music horizons. Yah, Love, and ? are dope as ? . Humble go hard bruh. The beat and Kendrick's flow merge seamlessly.

I kinda agree Loyalty is weak in comparison to the rest of the album, but that ? still rock.

If you say any of these tracks weak but big up anything on a Future or Migos album, I can't understand that.

So we're not allowed to dislike any of the tracks?

Y'all ? disgust me
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Some of y'all need to open your music horizons. Yah, Love, and ? are dope as ? . Humble go hard bruh. The beat and Kendrick's flow merge seamlessly.

I kinda agree Loyalty is weak in comparison to the rest of the album, but that ? still rock.

If you say any of these tracks weak but big up anything on a Future or Migos album, I can't understand that.

So we're not allowed to dislike any of the tracks?

Y'all ? disgust me

I respect it. U cool in my book
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album may do 480k
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    The second half of TPAB is

Momma
    Hood politics
    How much a dollar cost
    Blacker the berry
    You ain't gotta lie
    I
    Mortal man

What kind of ? ? language y'all speaking

Yea the 2nd part saves the album
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I owe yall ? an apology.. This ? ain't sink in the first time.. Then this AM?

SwIoi.gif

You ? ass rap ? better know... If I gotta go hard on a ? ima make it look sexxaayy.. Ayyyy lmfao

huh?

were you goin at least 55 with the windows open half way when you were playin the joint
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I owe yall ? an apology.. This ? ain't sink in the first time.. Then this AM?

SwIoi.gif

You ? ass rap ? better know... If I gotta go hard on a ? ima make it look sexxaayy.. Ayyyy lmfao

huh?

were you goin at least 55 with the windows open half way when you were playin the joint

The opposite... When I first listened I was driving doing 55.. Today I walked/took the train.. This ? doesn't sound like anything out right now.. I can't explain it.. It isn't wack though.. I'll have to take that statement back.. It just has a different feel to it..
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea element my jam its replaced "livin" (nxworries) as my wake up music.

• playmaker88
    Options
    My thing is this when people critique certain ? .. it says to me.. they grade other ? with a curve .. i mean people can like what they like and thats cool...

Content/Lyrics >>>

Thats the art
  • playmaker88
    Options
    The drum is feel the lyrics are the mind..

giphy-2.gif