The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls or Celtics tonight? I'm leaning Celtics it'll be close all game
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

didnt see the game but he has a point

i've been saying this all year about games i've watched

the NBA officials mechanics either must be different from every other level of basketball or the dudes are just too old to get in proper positioning to see fouls.

? it, im'a say it, and its probably broken news to ya'll, but as an official, you want to let the players determine the outcome of the game. When you have a noticeable FT disparity, as a crew, you are supposed to get together b /t quarters and halftime and discuss the dynamics

If you got an official who on the crew calling all the fouls, you ask him "brah, what is you seeing out there" and tell him the chill out, or not that you just calling ? to even it out, but you gotta make sure that you calling the same type of fouls on both ends. Again, you not intentionally going out looking for fouls, but you are supposed to be mindful of the situation and be more cognizant of the situation.

/rant
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless The raptors go to the finals(they won't) I'd let lowry walk in fa.Re-sign tucker and ibaka and let wright start.

I'm skeptical on ibaka long term I think he'll fall off in about 2 years but they're almost forced to re-sign him.

I could see philly signing lowry(if tor lets him bounce) if they can't get holiday

And I don't know why paul george would even want to go to the lakers they're trash and will just get sonned by the warriors every season.If he really wants to compete for a title he should be open to boston or washington
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking about lowry not getting resigned myself last night. I'd bet there wouldn't even be that much of a dropoff either from lowry being gone if Casey wasn't coaching.

Jonas underused, they would still have ibaka, clayface was the #1 player for them already this year and they still have Powell, Carroll, tucker, joseph as a supporting cast
  • Beta
    Options
    "The NBA will break ties for picks in the 2017 draft Tuesday at 3 p.m. Eastern with a random drawing televised on NBA TV. While the Minnesota Timberwolves and New York Knicks will split combinations in the May 16 draft lottery, the tiebreaker will determine where they pick if neither is drawn in the lottery's top three. Ties will also be broken between the Chicago Bulls and Portland Trail Blazers for 15th and 16th, the Indiana Pacers and Milwaukee Bucks for 17th and 18th, the Atlanta Hawks and Memphis Grizzlies (whose pick goes to Portland) for 19th and 20th and the Cleveland Cavaliers (to Portland), LA Clippers, Toronto Raptors and Utah Jazz for 23rd through 26th. The Raptors will get the better of the picks belonging to them and the Clippers, while the Orlando Magic get the weaker of the two."
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    The C's match up with the warriors better than they do the bulls believe it or not(series aint over just cuz bulls won game 1)

I disagree with anyone who thinks adding jimmy/pg to this current c's team wouldn't make them title contenders.Yes it would

Midget vs. Non midget

You're doing the most, what did that big man with the anemic post game and the point guard with the jaundice eyes lead yall to? ? went from 6th to 10th and you talking down on a guy who had an effecient 33 and missed a few shots with butler on him. Paul George had a worse 4th quarter in game 1 and I don't see you going this hard

I sure did touch a nerve. All I'm stating is facts

#fact if paul george was on this team he would be the best player and boston would be contenders.

#fact this the playoffs where teams are gonna gameplan around the midget. Tommy already explained what happened in te 4th quarter when they put Jimmy Butler on him. Boston offense stalled and one possession got his shot pinned by jimmy butler. Which is #midgetproblems. Shout out to 33 points tho.

#fact only one player 6'1 and under has been the best player on a championship team and that's the original isaiah thomas
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Unless The raptors go to the finals(they won't) I'd let lowry walk in fa.Re-sign tucker and ibaka and let wright start.

I'm skeptical on ibaka long term I think he'll fall off in about 2 years but they're almost forced to re-sign him.

I could see philly signing lowry(if tor lets him bounce) if they can't get holiday

And I don't know why paul george would even want to go to the lakers they're trash and will just get sonned by the warriors every season.If he really wants to compete for a title he should be open to boston or washington

Agreed. Toronto doesnt necessarily have to make it to the finals, but Lowry needs to ball out for Toronto to resign him.

If Lowry does not ball out and keeps disappearing any team would be stupid to sign him to a max. It doesnt matter if you get 35, 15, 15 in the regular season if you only getting 4 points in the playoffs.

I dont hate Lowry like some of the cats here, hes a good player, if his playoffs output matches his regular season ouput, I think he would be worth maxing out, but my dude hasnt shown that. I dont remember any player disappearing in the playoffs to this degree, this consistently.

Lowry is a career overachiever and it seems in the playoffs he just can't be effective cuz the opposing PG's are just that much better than him
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's ?

Lowry is a top player

He got outplayed by ? Brogdon
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    The C's match up with the warriors better than they do the bulls believe it or not(series aint over just cuz bulls won game 1)

I disagree with anyone who thinks adding jimmy/pg to this current c's team wouldn't make them title contenders.Yes it would

Midget vs. Non midget

You're doing the most, what did that big man with the anemic post game and the point guard with the jaundice eyes lead yall to? ? went from 6th to 10th and you talking down on a guy who had an effecient 33 and missed a few shots with butler on him. Paul George had a worse 4th quarter in game 1 and I don't see you going this hard

I sure did touch a nerve. All I'm stating is facts

#fact if paul george was on this team he would be the best player and boston would be contenders.

#fact this the playoffs where teams are gonna gameplan around the midget. Tommy already explained what happened in te 4th quarter when they put Jimmy Butler on him. Boston offense stalled and one possession got his shot pinned by jimmy butler. Which is #midgetproblems. Shout out to 33 points tho.

#fact only one player 6'1 and under has been the best player on a championship team and that's the original isaiah thomas

It just feels like you're singling him out when our poor rebounding was the main reason we lost
  • Beta
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Damn Detroit got the 3rd highest payroll in the league? Oh they still paying josh smith lol

lol I wonder where KCP going
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf that Melo and Lala are breaking up but am I an ? for wishing they do breakup if it means Melo would finally leave?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree Ujiri (Toronto's GM) needs to think long and hard before handing out contracts this off season but I truly believe it doesn't matter who they bring in there with who is coaching.

The Raptors offense is so damn sad to watch and his player rotations are atrocious. If your best player is struggling shooting the ball wouldn't most good coaches draw up a play to get him an easy look? How many times watching the Raptors play do you see any semblance of an offense being ran? It's a ? load of one on one.

• Beta
    Options
    I agree Ujiri (Toronto's GM) needs to think long and hard before handing out contracts this off season but I truly believe it doesn't matter who they bring in there with who is coaching.

The Raptors offense is so damn sad to watch and his player rotations are atrocious. If your best player is struggling shooting the ball wouldn't most good coaches draw up a play to get him an easy look? How many times watching the Raptors play do you see any semblance of an offense being ran? It's a ? load of one on one.

They should give him an extension
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Damn Detroit got the 3rd highest payroll in the league? Oh they still paying josh smith lol

lol I wonder where KCP going

Nowhere
    Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press writes Sunday about the Pistons’ plans for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope,
    The Pistons will pay the restricted free agent, writes Ellis, even if it means offering the 24-year-old a max deal.The Pistons are prepared to match any offer sheet he receives, even if it produced a maximum contract, according to multiple persons with firsthand knowledge of the franchise’s thinking.

One person told the Free Press: “We can’t lose him.”

They'll probably try to trade jackson cuz he sucks.Duke can't run an half court offense for nothin

They extended casey after that fluke ecf run 3 years 18 mil thru the 18-19 season
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lowry needs to bounce back tonight. Hopefully he doesn't play as stupid as some of his comments were after the game. Leafs won last night at home so the Raptors needs to win tonight to keep the old racist crakkkas mouthes shut
  • Beta
    Options
    True. Ish Smith a better fit than ol' yellow eyes

Damn thats a lot of money going towards a lotto team though
  • Beta
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    Lowry needs to bounce back tonight. Hopefully he doesn't play as stupid as some of his comments were after the game. Leafs won last night at home so the Raptors needs to win tonight to keep the old racist crakkkas mouthes shut

What he say after the game? You a G for still reppin Okaro too
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

didnt see the game but he has a point

i've been saying this all year about games i've watched

the NBA officials mechanics either must be different from every other level of basketball or the dudes are just too old to get in proper positioning to see fouls.

? it, im'a say it, and its probably broken news to ya'll, but as an official, you want to let the players determine the outcome of the game. When you have a noticeable FT disparity, as a crew, you are supposed to get together b /t quarters and halftime and discuss the dynamics

If you got an official who on the crew calling all the fouls, you ask him "brah, what is you seeing out there" and tell him the chill out, or not that you just calling ? to even it out, but you gotta make sure that you calling the same type of fouls on both ends. Again, you not intentionally going out looking for fouls, but you are supposed to be mindful of the situation and be more cognizant of the situation.

/rant

I tell cats I officiate with this all the time. Those coaches watch that especially if one team has like 15 team fouls and the other team only has like only 3 or some gaudy disparity like that.

If you calling it down the middle it shouldn't be big disparities like this unless one team is just vastly better than the other I'm talking 30 points or more better.

Always make sure you are in proper position on 3 man mechanics, call the excess contact, and violations but let the players decide the game.

I'll get on some crews with at least one guy who wants to call everything even a fingernail on a another player and I don't like that ish I'm with you on that let the players decide unless it's just overt fouling and rough housing. Realistically a ref could call any type of contact as foul and have everyone in foul trouble; however, a good ref would never do this @AP21
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really both lowry and casey need to go. Lowry not built to be the franchise guy and casey not really helping him with this predictable ass offense. Both of them need to go.