Black Owned

Options
SolemnSauce
SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yo...help me understand

So I stop at this black owned restaurant, order my food and the ? come out to $35 for two orders right? So when you swipe ya card, I guess just how the software is. It automatically asks if you wanna tip. I truely support black owned businesses so I always tip regardless, even for takeout. So the option pops up and homie goes before I even attempt anything. He goes hit the red button to skip that, I hit green and leave a 5 dollar tip so the total $40. Ain't nothing but money but at the same time it's support. So homie hands me my reciept wit a look like he feel some type of way cause I added a tip.

And I'm talking to someone about it and they say they think it's cause when some black businesses serve black customers they feel like the customers feel like they are above them. But when its white customers, he feel honored that a white person gave their business a chance. And it's bugged out cause maybe 75% of black businesses I try to give my business to be having that attitude. Like I'm being a disservice to them by spending my money wit em.

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get it

He mad u gave him a tip?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont understand the logic
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I dont get it

He mad u gave him a tip?

I Concur
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get it

He mad u gave him a tip?

Some black businesses value the white dollar more than our own.
  • SolemnSauce
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I dont get it

He mad u gave him a tip?

That's my point, ion understand the logic. like he felt some kinda way about me giving him the tip like..added on to the fact that I was already spending $35..like take this 5 u broke ass ? u need it. Money honestly is not important to me at all.

And I don't say that to front or floss. If I didn't need money to survive I wouldn't go out and get it. So ion see why people put so much stock in money like it's some sort of status symbol to he held up against someone.

But point being I ain't just get this type of experience at that spot. I've been to mad black owned spots where it's like I'm doing them a disservice by wanting their service.

At the same time I've been to black owned spots where it's appreciated and understood ya mean..black excellence. I just honestly don't understand the latter. I'm asking someone to help me understand that ? .
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe u are buggin.

Did u expect a thank you and u feel some typa way because he wasnt all excited about your $5
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ain't got ? to do with "Black businesses".

You should've asked homebody himself what was up with the tip.

I've had waitresses (Black / White / other) sometimes say it's better if they get the tip on the table, some say it doesn't matter.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Maybe u are buggin.

Did u expect a thank you and u feel some typa way because he wasnt all excited about your $5
    s9n9lcw9rt3s.png

Wasn't expecting no positive reaction, but was offput by a negative one
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

I've had waitresses (Black / White / other) sometimes say it's better if they get the tip on the table, some say it doesn't matter.

Kinda feel like u the type ? that goes out of his way to not view black people in any negative light outside of absolute ? ? or opinions u don't agree wit. Which is cool, I ain't mad act cha..just don't feel like ur objective enough to even think ? like this is possible let alone eva happened to u...then maybe u just that more real in perception than me
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iohbd1m5oerj.gif Last time imma tell u dude
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    c3jui6zh350n.png

Bruh...I'm honestly just confused by some of u ? ..like, what world are u ? living in..

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tips in cash goes str8 to the waiter/waitress.

Tips on a credit card is split between the entire staff and taxed. He'll probably see a dollar out of that 5.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Kinda feel like u the type ? that goes out of his way to not view black people in any negative light outside of absolute ? ? or opinions u don't agree wit. Which is cool, I ain't mad act cha..just don't feel like ur objective enough to even think ? like this is possible let alone eva happened to u...then maybe u just that more real in perception than me

I'm honest about ? and I think objective enough but every ? day it's somebody starting a sentence with "Black people always.... " or "Why when Black people...." etc... like every negative ? is exclusive to Black people.

I grew up in a Black neighborhood, then worked and lived around enough non-Black people to see their ? . Also I don't subscribe to that self-hate nonsense, that can easily be dis-proven. ? it, I'm Pro-Black and I'm honest.

Also I wouldn't lie and say I experienced some ? that I didn't. I think I even made threads on ? -? I went through with other races.

Anyway, to the original point - I don't see how this is a Black thing. You never been to a non-Black restaurant and wrote in a tip and didn't get feedback or had them skip it ? I have, and I'm sure I ain't the only one.

I now give tips directly to the server if I'm tipping at all. Dude probably assumed something. You should've just asked.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Idk...most places I go to with that tablet swiper automatically skip it for you cuz that's what customers do anyway
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? it dont tip next time
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    hng7nl4x9zpv.png
    This isn't about the tip Cot Damnit
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • SolemnSauce
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lol...man ? yall, I ain't simplykrs
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cashier hit the red button. It meant he didn't want a tip for whatever his reasons were. Probably didn't want to share it with the rest of the staff, who knows, it's his business. If the food was good then continue your patronage. If not, then find a new spot. Maybe he was having a tough day. Shrugs.

• SolemnSauce
    Options
    Food was decent, nothin special
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Food was decent, nothin special
    MuthaF....
    ospqzpnv1t2n.gif
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U son'd em' and for that he displayed his dissidence...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe you just ran into bad customer service?

I did have a black girl tell me she didn't feel pretty until white people started complimenting her looks though.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tips in cash goes str8 to the waiter/waitress.

Tips on a credit card is split between the entire staff and taxed. He'll probably see a dollar out of that 5.

Wow. Didn't know that