The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read the c's under stevens haven't won a road playoff game and boston hasn't won a game in chicago since nov 2014.

saw the cubs comeback down 3-1 in the world series so I ain't sayin nothin.Is it over to anyone who isnt a bulls or c's fan?

Bulls in 6. Still don't trust Rondo but Buckets & Wade can take over a game. It's been said all year in this thread that Boston is a team full of role players and so far they haven't proven us wrong.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    what if fred hoiberg is like some crazy inversion of thibs

where his teams look lost in the regular season and incredible in the playoffs

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/446/188/Jordan-sports-a-? -mustache_display_image.jpg?1318974752[/img]

in last nights game the bulls regularly ran pnr with rondo and jimmy to force IT into a situation where he has to switch or help and it was disastrous for the celtics -- rondo also posted him from the top of the key and was able to find cutters and guys coming off screens when doing this with no hindrance -- even when IT switched to another guy like zipser the bulls just swung the ball to the player he was guarding or ran that player around a screen

ive been cool with freds decisions in this series

i cant think of one moment when i thought get him out of there with the exception of mcw and to a lesser extent felicio toward the end of his run in yesterdays game

Mcw stupidity in 2 minutes almost gave tbe celtics momentum going into the 4th quarter
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read the c's under stevens haven't won a road playoff game and boston hasn't won a game in chicago since nov 2014.

saw the cubs comeback down 3-1 in the world series so I ain't sayin nothin.Is it over to anyone who isnt a bulls or c's fan?

Nah, i dont think its over. If I had to bet momey, id put it on the bulls, but I wouldnt be suprised at all if the Cs come back and win the series.

End of the day, as flawed as they were, the Cs are the 1 seed and the Bulls are the 8 seed for a reason.

Even before the first game I said this was the hardest series to call. I felt like the Bulls had a good chance to win but I thought it would all be close games and it would come down to game 7 for the bulls to win. I would have never thought the bulls would win 2 in a row in Boston and be up 2-0.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Cameras caught marcus smart flicking off a fan yesterday

We're tired of his shot selection all that us to it

Whole team shot selection is trash minus I.T. at times..like i said last night...why do the Cs think they are the warriors....when u got Olynyk hosting 3s eventhough he brickin em but still shootin them..u got problems..

This whole team has no idea wht playoff ball is about. Horford could take lopez off the dribble every time he wanted.

Why was that not done more....mk lopez tired or have to switch. Chicago left the paint wide a lot!

Wrk inside/ out....that approach has never failed n ball. Especially when u are struggling to shoot.

They don't run enough pick and roll or pop with Horford, this is a collective effort starting from Brad you can't just point at one or two guys and say it's there fault

I agree its not soley one or two guys, and it starts w danny back down. I agree more pick n pop/ pick n roll should of been used, ? the chi was killing them w it. Plus that's all that is ever used in todays game...it amazes me how players still dont know how to defend it.(the bulls did a good job last night on switching during picks)

But every last player needs to be blamed, cuz they never recognized the moments or understood about attacking the rim. Especially when the bulls left the middle open.

IT jaylen and Terry the only ones that drive somewhat consistently, I can't wait until most these guys are off the roster especially Amir
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I dont know what boston does with there pick

I guess draft jackson? But they have brown

U draft ball or pg but they have IT

Hopefully fultz and IT can play together Avery of smart are gone after next year
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls fans: If Chicago makes a run to the East Finals this year and it means Hoiberg sticks around a few more years than he would've otherwise, how would ya'll feel about that?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes it's over but Celtics win one.

Marcus smart been arguably the 2nd best player and I dont see him being this effective for the whole series.

I could go into more detail but I dont feel like it.

Maybe if I'm Stevens I start olynck next to horford
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMO it's time to flip those picks for a superstar

Like who? Pg gonna use his opt out leverage to go where he wants(unless he changes his mind and is open to other teams).Cousins already been traded and if he don't wanna stay in n.o.will be a fa summer '18.
    If the bulls go on a run they'll most likely keep jimmy and he makes so many game changing plays on defense I don't know If I want to trade him for unproven prospects who may never be as good.Jimmy herbed jaylen brown on that rebound straight up strong armed him.

They may as well keep the picks and draft a pg and replacement for i.t. and a big in '18

Best case scenario is gordon hayward in free agency and that still isn't a title team and utah is just as good as boston right now,can offer an extra year and more dough and are deeper I don't know why hayward would leave utah for boston.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what if fred hoiberg is like some crazy inversion of thibs

where his teams look lost in the regular season and incredible in the playoffs

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/446/188/Jordan-sports-a-? -mustache_display_image.jpg?1318974752[/img]

in last nights game the bulls regularly ran pnr with rondo and jimmy to force IT into a situation where he has to switch or help and it was disastrous for the celtics -- rondo also posted him from the top of the key and was able to find cutters and guys coming off screens when doing this with no hindrance -- even when IT switched to another guy like zipser the bulls just swung the ball to the player he was guarding or ran that player around a screen

i cant think of one moment when i thought get him out of there with the exception of mcw and to a lesser extent felicio toward the end of his run in yesterdays game

Mcw stupidity in 2 minutes almost gave tbe celtics momentum going into the 4th quarter

Crazy how he peaked in his very first game. Garbage now
  • Beta
    Options
    Bulls fans: If Chicago makes a run to the East Finals this year and it means Hoiberg sticks around a few more years than he would've otherwise, how would ya'll feel about that?

That makes no sense though it's not like the FO gonna be like let's keep him an extra two years because he got to the ECF

Hoidberg' s job was never on the line anyways this season. The fact he got the roster to the playoffs despite all the issues was good enough for the FO anyways and had they missed it he woulda been fine.

Bulls losing the next round anyways
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I need the Clippers to let CP3 hit the market and go a new route with their players. The Pels can throw money at CP3 and see if he bites. I doubt it but at least he can steer the market away from Jrue getting the max.

word on the street is Jrue is as good as gone
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully fultz and IT can play together Avery of smart are gone after next year

I'd get rid of Smart and bring Bradley off the bench as a sixth man similar to how Chicago used Ben Gordon off the bench years ago even though Bradley ain't nowhere near as explosive offensively.

I'd draft Fultz or the Josh Jackson kid and keep building.

Boston is getting sonned right now but it's good from the standpoint of management seeing what areas of need they want to address first.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT this if your head coach undefeated in the playoffs

Goated this ? here dog. Nah mean? My coach cant be defeated in the playoffs if my team never makes it.
  • Beta
    Options
    Tyler zeller can't get mins eh? Lol
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cameras caught marcus smart flicking off a fan yesterday

We're tired of his shot selection all that us to it

Whole team shot selection is trash minus I.T. at times..like i said last night...why do the Cs think they are the warriors....when u got Olynyk hosting 3s eventhough he brickin em but still shootin them..u got problems..

This whole team has no idea wht playoff ball is about. Horford could take lopez off the dribble every time he wanted.

Why was that not done more....mk lopez tired or have to switch. Chicago left the paint wide a lot!

Wrk inside/ out....that approach has never failed n ball. Especially when u are struggling to shoot.

They don't run enough pick and roll or pop with Horford, this is a collective effort starting from Brad you can't just point at one or two guys and say it's there fault

I agree its not soley one or two guys, and it starts w danny back down. I agree more pick n pop/ pick n roll should of been used, ? the chi was killing them w it. Plus that's all that is ever used in todays game...it amazes me how players still dont know how to defend it.(the bulls did a good job last night on switching during picks)

But every last player needs to be blamed, cuz they never recognized the moments or understood about attacking the rim. Especially when the bulls left the middle open.

IT jaylen and Terry the only ones that drive somewhat consistently, I can't wait until most these guys are off the roster especially Amir

Crowder could, Horford could with Lopez guarding him..and bradley could, especially on a cut. dont have to score all the time...draw fouls....ala Karl Malone.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree.....but Hoiberg while I remain skeptical of him inherited a mess, team in transition, pieces that didn't fit his style off offense. I say give him till 2019....he earned next year he is making some great calls and adjustments. Important thing is he is showing growth. The turmoil the Bulls had this season and to make the playoffs and be up 2-0 against a weak 1 seed still speaks volumes. He is showing growth
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Bulls beat Boston I'll bet anybody they get to the ECF against Cleveland. Bulls will roll the Bucks or Wizards and Bulls OWN Toronto (frauds) so I like our chances
  • Beta
    Options
    Bulls dont wanna run into the wizards
  • Beta
    Options
    Chase Hughes: Markieff Morris: ‘If they thought that was MMA, what happens next might be double MMA.’

Bazemore about to get his teeth knocked straight tonight
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Bulls beat Boston I'll bet anybody they get to the ECF against Cleveland. Bulls will roll the Bucks or Wizards and Bulls OWN Toronto (frauds) so I like our chances

I'll take this bet
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

I'd get rid of Smart and bring Bradley off the bench as a sixth man similar to how Chicago used Ben Gordon off the bench years ago even though Bradley ain't nowhere near as explosive offensively.

I'd draft Fultz or the Josh Jackson kid and keep building.

Boston is getting sonned right now but it's good from the standpoint of management seeing what areas of need they want to address first.

That's y u don't do that imo, depending on what else they do either move Bradley or keep him starting as a 3 n d guy
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Chase Hughes: Markieff Morris: ‘If they thought that was MMA, what happens next might be double MMA.’

Bazemore about to get his teeth knocked straight tonight

He's stupid for saying that ? to media.