The Get Down (Netflix Original) - 2016 (Season 2 2017 has begun)

Options

Comments

• King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished...I guess some of y'all right that it is a good ending...but I still want more...where they at now? How they get there?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh word, books just gon throw down 20 shots of brown, get into a fight, and then perform a wild ass concert huh?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    That song Mylene sung at that club don't sound like anything from that era. That ? sound like something from 2012.

Def was some knockoff Rihanna song
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    This can end here. Was a dope series.

Yea pretty sure the original idea for the series was to stop at that point. Let it be. ? that overdoes of animation tho, thats why people thought it was weird at first.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Get Down does end, i hope someone sees the potential of starting a spin off or a similar series with new characters and a different story. I'd love to see the evolution after Rappers delight got big, then the rise of Run DMC, Then could show the come up of rappers back in the 80's, later seasons bringing gangster rap to the mainstream, then go up to the Mid 2000's and stop there.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Get Down Universe lol
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this aint the end even though the season was short it was good. They said the F word far too many times but this show is classic
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I hope this aint the end even though the season was short it was good. They said the F word far too many times but this show is classic

I don't get it
  • texas409
    Options
  • texas409
    Options
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels more like a conclusion of the first season rather than a season in and of itself.

And while it feels like this was all they ever intended to show, i would like the story to continue as well. I said this before but the 1997 setting seems like a reunion concert. The last episode kinda seems like a way to spit everybody up but it doesn't seem final enough.

Plus seeing how that concert came to be would be epic as well.

The ending was funny as hell after everything that happened.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man the way that fat ? killed the cat
    smh, cold blooded
  • Lurkristocrat
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I thought the season was dope but it was more on the ? side and i blame that on the producers who prolly werent anticipating a 2nd season.
    The blunders that stood out to me were:

Zeke having the alcohol tolerance of andre the giant smh.

Them wack ass cartoons

? Ass jaden angle

? somehow NEVER practicing but having the crazy choreographed sets and rhymes.

Ive been sayin since season 1 That preacher wasnt marlens pops and it was the brothers. He was too invested in her success. So no surprise there.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels more like a conclusion of the first season rather than a season in and of itself.

And while it feels like this was all they ever intended to show, i would like the story to continue as well. I said this before but the 1997 setting seems like a reunion concert. The last episode kinda seems like a way to spit everybody up but it doesn't seem final enough.

Plus seeing how that concert came to be would be epic as well.

The ending was funny as hell after everything that happened.

Well it's not called "season 1 & season 2". It's labeled "Part 1 & Part 2".

A lot of shows do this now. "The midseason finale"
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So has it been mentioned here?

This ? Shao says his real name is Curtis. He was pushing that yayo too so...

Kurtis Blow?
  • Stew
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    So has it been mentioned here?

This ? Shao says his real name is Curtis. He was pushing that yayo too so...

Kurtis Blow?

Was he a DJ beforehand in real life? If he was then it would make sense, I honestly don't know.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read somewhere that he was a DJ. It was b4 my time though. I dont know for sure.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flash was Kurtis DJ when he started out. And he hung out with DJ Hollywood too.

The show however depicts Shao getting his skills from Flash...

It could be nothing though. LOL
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    I will say, i caught a history lesson with the cereal box records. I thought for sure that was some ? when i seen it and looked it up. Still kinda confused on how it played music but dope nonetheless.