The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Probably a secondary injury associated with the knee injury he suffered. The Warriors should be able to let him get healthy thus series without too many worries.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    I need the Clippers to let CP3 hit the market and go a new route with their players. The Pels can throw money at CP3 and see if he bites. I doubt it but at least he can steer the market away from Jrue getting the max.

word on the street is Jrue is as good as gone

Not the end of the world though!
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need the Clippers to let CP3 hit the market and go a new route with their players. The Pels can throw money at CP3 and see if he bites. I doubt it but at least he can steer the market away from Jrue getting the max.

i mean, its a lose lose situation at this point b/c you either like him but you dont wanna pay him or you think they need someone else

At this point, i'm already prepping to be back at the top of the lottery when/if AD leaves so, i will just hold out for optimism that they already have a plan in place to try and sign multiple people with the money they were going to have to give him
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    I dont know what boston does with there pick

I guess draft jackson? But they have brown

U draft ball or pg but they have IT

Hopefully fultz and IT can play together Avery of smart are gone after next year

I'd get rid of Smart and bring Bradley off the bench as a sixth man similar to how Chicago used Ben Gordon off the bench years ago even though Bradley ain't nowhere near as explosive offensively.

I'd draft Fultz or the Josh Jackson kid and keep building.

Boston is getting sonned right now but it's good from the standpoint of management seeing what areas of need they want to address first.

That's y u don't do that imo, depending on what else they do either move Bradley or keep him starting as a 3 n d guy

If that's the case then they'll have to move him you can't have two little guy's starting they got 6'8 shooting guards in the league you can't hide a 6'2 or 5'9 guy on that.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i mean, its a lose lose situation at this point b/c you either like him but you dont wanna pay him or you think they need someone else

At this point, i'm already prepping to be back at the top of the lottery when/if AD leaves so, i will just hold out for optimism that they already have a plan in place to try and sign multiple people with the money they were going to have to give him

Gentry can kick rocks right behind him even though they seem intent on keeping him.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

IMO it's time to flip those picks for a superstar

Like who? Pg gonna use his opt out leverage to go where he wants(unless he changes his mind and is open to other teams).Cousins already been traded and if he don't wanna stay in n.o.will be a fa summer '18.
    If the bulls go on a run they'll most likely keep jimmy and he makes so many game changing plays on defense I don't know If I want to trade him for unproven prospects who may never be as good.Jimmy herbed jaylen brown on that rebound straight up strong armed him.

They may as well keep the picks and draft a pg and replacement for i.t. and a big in '18

Best case scenario is gordon hayward in free agency and that still isn't a title team and utah is just as good as boston right now,can offer an extra year and more dough and are deeper I don't know why hayward would leave utah for boston.

I don't see Hayward leaving Utah. Going to Boston would make a lot of sense but Utah can pay him more and give him that 5th year option. Plus that team is in the rise. They do how ever have a major decision to make on whether to keep Hill or Favors. Hill is unrestricted this summer and coming off a career year. He's about to get paid big time. Favors expires the next year and Gobert just got extended. It's very unlikely that they pay 4 guys +100 mil. Favors could be the odd man out.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey how does Marcus smart get fined 25k but fizdale get fined 30k?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feel good about tonight's game, I think OKC will make it closer than it was on Sunday but I still see us winning by double digits......Doubt we shoot that poorly as a team for consecutive games and I expect our role players/bench (Ariza,Anderson, Gordon, and Lou) to be much better than they were the other night also.

Really interested to see what adjustments OKC makes and how they balance having enough defense and offense on the floor tonight too though....dont see them letting us dominate the paint/boards again and they're probably going to try to take Bev out the game and get him into some early foul trouble
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very real chance we may never see the jazz at full squad

the injuries this year + hill and heyward in fa this summer

i always felt this team healthy could really bother the warriors
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, i dont think its over. If I had to bet momey, id put it on the bulls, but I wouldnt be suprised at all if the Cs come back and win the series.

End of the day, as flawed as they were, the Cs are the 1 seed and the Bulls are the 8 seed for a reason.

Even before the first game I said this was the hardest series to call. I felt like the Bulls had a good chance to win but I thought it would all be close games and it would come down to game 7 for the bulls to win. I would have never thought the bulls would win 2 in a row in Boston and be up 2-0.
    Post lacks abstract thinking
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Wizards are doing nothing to the Bulls you ? need to get off the gas. Neither are the biggest fraud in the East the Raptors......pffftttttt come on now East is wide open except it
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    ery real chance we may never see the jazz at full squad

the injuries this year + hill and heyward in fa this summer

i always felt this team healthy could really bother the warriors

Jazz are not a 50 win team, I looked at their roster and their coach should get coach of the year with the make shift roster, they overachieved
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

IMO it's time to flip those picks for a superstar

Like who? Pg gonna use his opt out leverage to go where he wants(unless he changes his mind and is open to other teams).Cousins already been traded and if he don't wanna stay in n.o.will be a fa summer '18.
    If the bulls go on a run they'll most likely keep jimmy and he makes so many game changing plays on defense I don't know If I want to trade him for unproven prospects who may never be as good.Jimmy herbed jaylen brown on that rebound straight up strong armed him.

They may as well keep the picks and draft a pg and replacement for i.t. and a big in '18

Best case scenario is gordon hayward in free agency and that still isn't a title team and utah is just as good as boston right now,can offer an extra year and more dough and are deeper I don't know why hayward would leave utah for boston.

I don't see Hayward leaving Utah. Going to Boston would make a lot of sense but Utah can pay him more and give him that 5th year option. Plus that team is in the rise. They do how ever have a major decision to make on whether to keep Hill or Favors. Hill is unrestricted this summer and coming off a career year. He's about to get paid big time. Favors expires the next year and Gobert just got extended. It's very unlikely that they pay 4 guys +100 mil. Favors could be the odd man out.

That's exactly what I'm sayin.I'd let favors walk(if hayward stays) cuz he weak to me,they have lyles to take his spot and the jazz are way better with hill in the line up.
  • Beta
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    Wall killin...again

Dwight lookin like trash
  • Beta
    Options
    Favors aint overrated because nobody remembers hes alive. However he should be better than this by now
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not only is this game on the NBA tv but I don't even know who the play by play guy is
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta went to the media about Washington being physical so the refs are being straight ? tonight
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bazemore for ATL play like a wild ? ...
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to the Hawks' game, this Saturday, for the first time. Hopefully they pull out this W 2night.