The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zebras are whistle happy.

Let them ? play
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give Kerr his credit even though Portland is thin in the post he's had McGhee looking like a respectable player dude looked like he was on his way out of the league just a few years ago going to GSW has revived his career.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kerr is a Top 5 Coach in the League
  • Crude_
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Kerr is a Top 5 Coach in the League

No doubt I just didn't think a player like McGee had a great ball IQ nor did I think he'd fit well in their system.

All of that's to Kerr's credit.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This been an ugly ass game
  • Crude_
    Options
    McGee hit him with some vintage Tim Duncan type ish. Wow.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    westbrook shot them out of the game literally. straight up selfish

Nobody else on that team has showed they can consistently create a decent shot for themselves for others and Donovan doesn't seem to be all that great of a coach at this level.

I'm surprised so many people are posting what they have about Westbrook so far in these playoffs. This is the way this team has played all season. They live and die by his play and OKC's team isn't making his job any easier against quality teams.

Idk if I can blame Donovan. The same was said about Scott Brooks, he went to Washington and his name started coming up in COY talks. Durant went to the warriors and started playing system basketball.

Those two gone and OKC still has the same offense. At this point its looking like wesbrook is uncoachable and incapable of playing in a system.

Do you watch Washington? LMAO. Brooks isn't that great of a coach either. They play hella Iso and heavy pick and roll just like OKC used to do.

The difference between Wall and Westbrook is Wall is a bit better at getting others involved offensively and a better defender but most importantly in a weaker conference. LOL. Durant went to a team that actually has a coach who will draw up sets on offense. Not to mention Golden State has more offensive weapons than OKC ever had outside of when Harden was there. Brooks had a great team full of really good young players in Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and even Reggie Jackson giving them good bench minutes and he in my opinion consistently underachieved

How did Scott underachieve

He took them to the finals

Next 3 years, he lost KD,Russ, and Ibaka before the playoffs

That's low hanging fruit and an easy argument if you believe that Scott Brooks didn't underachieve when he was in OKC.

I will admit he did have some bad luck with injuries but they lost to (yes eventual champs) a Dallas team they were better than the year before they went to the finals and then in the finals they blew some games they should've won and got roasted on the final game.

Those OKC teams won games due to having a ? ton of talent not being all that well coached or managed. That is the reason they didn't miss much of a beat when he was fired. The Wizards also have a decent amount of talent and have stayed healthy this season and that is why they are winning. It isn't anything Brooks has really did besides getting the hell out of the way and letting the players do them. But in close big game do you want him to be the guy drawing up the play or being in change the last few minutes of the game?

You reaching

They was 23 when they lost in the finals

22 the year before when they lost to Dallas

They were babies. I'm not vouching for him being great but you can't argue with the results

When the last time a team led by 22/23 year olds won it all
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game wack as ?
  • Crude_
    Options
    Welp this ish is a wrap.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its like I wanna watch inside the nba but I wanna turn this ? off so bad
  • Beta
    Options
    Shoutout to javale

7/7 15 points, 5 rebs, 4 blocks
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    yalls hall of famer dwight out here sitting the whole second half

dude got 6 points and 7 boards

I'll be honest I havent seen one time somebody throw him the ball the past two games lol

H.o.f
  • Beta
    Options
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No hot takes tonight?

giphy.gif

"warriors better without kd, he gonna ? their chemistry when he comes back"
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No hot takes tonight?

giphy.gif

"Sim to next round "
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    westbrook had a great game goin til that 4th, no one else to get goin to help him either, if they had a system worth a ? it almost wouldnt matter the players, they could just rely on the system while he rested. then he came in lost some poise and they defense became ass
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    westbrook shot them out of the game literally. straight up selfish

Nobody else on that team has showed they can consistently create a decent shot for themselves for others and Donovan doesn't seem to be all that great of a coach at this level.

I'm surprised so many people are posting what they have about Westbrook so far in these playoffs. This is the way this team has played all season. They live and die by his play and OKC's team isn't making his job any easier against quality teams.

Idk if I can blame Donovan. The same was said about Scott Brooks, he went to Washington and his name started coming up in COY talks. Durant went to the warriors and started playing system basketball.

Those two gone and OKC still has the same offense. At this point its looking like wesbrook is uncoachable and incapable of playing in a system.

Do you watch Washington? LMAO. Brooks isn't that great of a coach either. They play hella Iso and heavy pick and roll just like OKC used to do.

The difference between Wall and Westbrook is Wall is a bit better at getting others involved offensively and a better defender but most importantly in a weaker conference. LOL. Durant went to a team that actually has a coach who will draw up sets on offense. Not to mention Golden State has more offensive weapons than OKC ever had outside of when Harden was there. Brooks had a great team full of really good young players in Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and even Reggie Jackson giving them good bench minutes and he in my opinion consistently underachieved

How did Scott underachieve

He took them to the finals

Next 3 years, he lost KD,Russ, and Ibaka before the playoffs

That's low hanging fruit and an easy argument if you believe that Scott Brooks didn't underachieve when he was in OKC.

I will admit he did have some bad luck with injuries but they lost to (yes eventual champs) a Dallas team they were better than the year before they went to the finals and then in the finals they blew some games they should've won and got roasted on the final game.

Those OKC teams won games due to having a ? ton of talent not being all that well coached or managed. That is the reason they didn't miss much of a beat when he was fired. The Wizards also have a decent amount of talent and have stayed healthy this season and that is why they are winning. It isn't anything Brooks has really did besides getting the hell out of the way and letting the players do them. But in close big game do you want him to be the guy drawing up the play or being in change the last few minutes of the game?

You reaching

They was 23 when they lost in the finals

22 the year before when they lost to Dallas

They were babies. I'm not vouching for him being great but you can't argue with the results

When the last time a team led by 22/23 year olds won it all

In my opinion I'm not reaching but I can understand how people would come to your conclusion by looking just at his record and not remembering how those teams played and especially how they played in big games.

They were so good because they had a ? ton of talent not because they were coached well and that was my overall initial point when I spoke on Brooks.

What makes me really laugh is how people try and bash the GM (Sam Presti) for having to make the hard decision of choosing which player to pay between Ibaka and Harden. Anything Presti would have chosen would have been ridiculed (unless he could've kept both guys) but one thing Scott Brooks or even Billy Donovan (besides this season and they still have some solid players) can't say they didn't have was the players to help them win.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    2 down and 2 more to go before on to the 2nd round.

Won both home games but need to play better ball if going to win these games in atl.

The refs were ? terrible as well.
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rockets are a dangerous team. It's just too bad they don't play defense when they need to
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    People talking about Westbrook's efficiency like his team ain't ass and he can't even afford to go to the bench.

Yes his shooting percentage might be ass this quarter but look at the full picture.

real talk

i was coming in here to post something similar to this

i retract my statement about him not being MVP...he might have been chasing rebounds for stat padding, but jesus this team is bad w/o him. I watched the second half and once Hou cut into the lead, OKC players not named Westbrook were literally sitting in the same spot while Hou just collapsed the paint just daring dudes like Roberson to hit a shot.

It was frustrating af to watch