Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? is wrong with yall
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    K dot finally surpassed drizzy. 530k+, # 2 single, and more views.

Didn't ever think that this was going to happen a rapper surpassing a mega pop artist like this a big w for hip-hop

This has to be the first in long time when the best album/rapper got the best sales

The best album so far came out the week before tho.

I ? with AABA but damn been in almost constant rotation since last Friday

I haven't listened to AABA since damn came out
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/10. Running this ? backwards the voicemail running into ? actually made me ? with the song more.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It's hard as fuxk trying to play this backwards unless I make a playlist
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't feeling Yah at first but now????...

Radars buuuuzzin

Right. I skipped it in the middle of the first listen. Now I be at work like Yah Yah, Ya Yaaa!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went gold already
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K dot came along way. Proud of him.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    45 minute interview on influences, process, TPAB, DAMN

Best kdot interview I know of. Dude is a true artist
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjHSiv6BkI
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a good ass album after a few listens. Nothing earth shattering but just some good ? from a great MC.
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Don't know how I missed that it was already posted. Whatever it's dope fans need to watch it.
  • BobOblah
    edited April 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    And The Roots were famous for recording an album with the first song being the end of the (hood) story...

rootsundun_0.jpg?itok=M-veYW-8

^^Great album.

Anyway I gotta listen for @bbkg79 theory on this album now
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    One thing about California music is:
    1. Your delivery gotta be on point
    2. You gotta be saying something ppl relate to
    3. The beat gotta be hard hitting

If you got all three of the above, ? gon bump your ? .

I ? wit a couple tracks off Damn but a lot of them other songs get boring, I lose interest, and it amounts to a ? saying a bunch of stuff over a beat in the background. Even if he is saying some deep or slick ? , after i hear it once, I go back to the music I feel tho....

Schoolboy Qs delivery > Kendricks lyricism. Sorry IC ;(

That's the same for music that's taken seriously everywhere. That's not just a Cali thing

My point was related to one that Kendricks music doesn't get as much play in Cali as outsiders would expect. His lyricism is good but his delivery is average at best....and that is why.
    Lyricism (his strongest attribute) was not in that list.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ? wit a couple tracks off Damn but a lot of them other songs get boring, I lose interest, and it amounts to a ? saying a bunch of stuff over a beat in the background. Even if he is saying some deep or slick ? , after i hear it once, I go back to the music I feel tho....

That's the same for music that's taken seriously everywhere. That's not just a Cali thing

My point was related to one that Kendricks music doesn't get as much play in Cali as outsiders would expect. His lyricism is good but his delivery is average at best....and that is why.
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Bye ?
  • leftcoastkev
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Bye ?

Hello ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    DNA go so damn hard. I'm hearing this album from playing everywhere.

It's getting a little over rated because he's in that zone where everything he does get critical acclaim but I'm not mad at it because it's a good album. Also white people have decided that Kendrick is the ? MC lol

Its funny as ? seeing white people talk about hiphop... and seeing what some of them say
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Bye ?

Yeah, all of those people came from Oregon, Nevada, Arizona or they were aliens from outer space. They teleported to Compton when Kendrick announced a surprise autograph signing on the same day.

e2xx1geivwaa.jpg
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thats a damn lie. I just came back to Cali from vacation and all ive heard people bumpin up and down the streets is Kendrick's album
  • leftcoastkev
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thats a damn lie. I just came back to Cali from vacation and all ive heard people bumpin up and down the streets is Kendrick's album

Bye ?

Yeah, all of those people came from Oregon, Nevada, Arizona or they were aliens from outer space. They teleported to Compton when Kendrick announced a surprise autograph signing on the same day.

e2xx1geivwaa.jpg

This Cali so of course ppl gon always turn out for a celebrity with a new highly acclaimed and properly marketed product, ya dim bulb. Hollywood culture. Hometown kid too...what you expect. Nobody would deny that. It doesn't translate tho.

I never said Kendrick is absolute wack. I said the ? lyricism is on point but his rhymes get boring because his delivery is soft. The ? says a lot of slick ? that is worthy of 1 or 2 listens ONLY because he don't ride the beats as good as rappers with LESS lyricism but better rapping technique. A lot of ppl around me think the same ? . I live in Cali. If you don't, or ain't from here, or lived here a significant amount of time, any rebuttal is moot to this convo.

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bye ?

e2xx1geivwaa.jpg

This Cali so of course ppl gon always turn out for a celebrity with a new highly acclaimed and properly marketed product, ya dim bulb. Hollywood culture. Hometown kid too...what you expect. Nobody would deny that. It doesn't translate tho.

I never said Kendrick is absolute wack. I said the ? lyricism is on point but his rhymes get boring because his delivery is soft. The ? says a lot of slick ? that is worthy of 1 or 2 listens ONLY because he don't ride the beats as good as rappers with LESS lyricism but better rapping technique. A lot of ppl around me think the same ? . I live in Cali. If you don't, or ain't from here, or lived here a significant amount of time, any rebuttal is moot to this convo.

This ? is funny because most criticism about Kenny is that his lyrics are serviceable at best but his flow and delivery carries it.
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I flew out to Vegas last year for a bachelor party last summer. My cousin, who lives in LA was invited to. During that same weekend Trey Songz had a concert at a club, so this girl he was dating came up with her homegirls. Long story short, I heard at least 6 Kendrick songs played by LA people (born and raised) while I was rolling around with them or chilling in a hotel suite.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options

The Recipe wrote: »
    gifted wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Kendrick the only ? that can catch Nas. Album is mad emoji flames.

Blasphemy. Kendrick is the King of this era music wise but Nas is GOAT so let's not get carried away. He and Cole carrying the torch.

That said, this album is really dope and smooth musically. The beats and cohesion really standout. Whereas TPAB was comparable to Nas ? Album in its theme and vibe. This is similar to Gods Son album. Like Nas, his earlier work is tough to match. GKMC is his illmatic vibe wise but I still take Section 80 as the joint I feel the most. This album is nice nonetheless. 8.5 - 9 out of 10 on first few listen. I hear the Kanye, Quik and Andre 3k and even Lil Weezy/Future type influence on this album.

I didnt really do a breakdown album for album im just looking at the back to back to back to back, He got four great albums out the gate he is on a great pace.

I noticed you didnt compare any of Dots albums to I Am, It Was Written or Nastradamus which are comparable because they are part of Nasir's first four albums including Illmatic. We get to cherry pick Nas's very best ? from his whole career to put against Kennys first four consecutive albums.

Thats not really fair put Section 80, GKMC, TPAB and DAMN vs Illmatic, IWW, I Am and Nastradamus and lets see how much stuttering is involved.

That being said Nas is the Goat, I said Kendrick has a chance to catch him, not surpass him, not that he is better, just that he has the best chance to be in the same breath.

Fair enough but Kendrick had more albums before GKMC and even Section 80. So if you really want to compare their actual first four catalogues, then you gotta go deeper into Kendrick other joints- overly dedicated and the rest of his earlier work vs illmatic, it was written, I am and nastradramus.

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks humble will be # 1 this upcoming week
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Looks humble will be # 1 this upcoming week

They was slappin this song in the club last night. Dj played that ? four times in random
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's DNA. looking like on the charts?